• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

TV coverage in the US

Mainerider said:
Are there any options for watching pro cycling in the US except for NBC ?
Pay per view?
Streaming over the internet?

Hi Mainerider.
There is internet info on steephill.tv and cyclingfans.com listing feeds and times for most major races. In my experience sporza is great for classics etc and I get great feed from Gazzetta for the Giro and rai does Italian races and other....

Eurosport is English commentary but does not always show here , most times it will though.

There is a thread here already I think in this thread about Universal Sports...and options

Mainerider said:
Are there any options for watching pro cycling in the US except for NBC ?
Pay per view?
Streaming over the internet?

See this thread: http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=16079

The other option is Universal Spoerts either on DirecTV or on-line. But it seems they are redoing their website and I cannot get to my library :(

It better be back for tomorrows big stage in the Basque Country or I'll be royally ****ed!

Carols said:
Sre you able to get in US mewmew?

yes, we signed up for the spring package. It's been great. I still watch my live feeds from Europe in the mornings for the races to see the finish, but then I can watch more later at my leisure and races or stages that I choose.
:)
AND I get to see the Giro. Although I really like to watch Gazzetta feed if I can :cool:

To clarify...we don't have Universal available on our DirecTv but online...and we plug the laptop into our hd tv screen sometimes.

mewmewmew13 said:
yes, we signed up for the spring package. It's been great. I still watch my live feeds from Europe in the mornings for the races to see the finish, but then I can watch more later at my leisure and races or stages that I choose.
:)
AND I get to see the Giro. Although I really like to watch Gazzetta feed if I can :cool:

To clarify...we don't have Universal available on our DirecTv but online...and we plug the laptop into our hd tv screen sometimes.

No I mean right now....I can't get to it. Wanted to watch today's stage of Basque and I have no Library :(

Still doesn't work. Tomorrow I'll be available to watch live streams so will settle for Spanish feed if it still isn't working.

Received this today after 4 increasingly nasty emails to Customer Support in the last 2 days:

Dear Carol,

Thank you for your inquiry!

At this time Universal Sports is currently in the process of solving all issues regarding all website changes. We sincerely apologize for any inconveinence that this may have caused you. Please allow us some time to resolve any current and future issues. If you paid for any events, and would rather have us refund your money, we are able to do so after a full investigation of your purchase.

Again we apologize, and if you can just be patient with us, we can assure you the best experience with Universal Sports.

Thank You,
Universal Sports Customer Support

At this point I can hardly recommend you spend money on Universal Sports on-line package :mad:

Carols said:
Still doesn't work. Tomorrow I'll be available to watch live streams so will settle for Spanish feed if it still isn't working.

Received this today after 4 increasingly nasty emails to Customer Support in the last 2 days:

Dear Carol,

Thank you for your inquiry!

At this time Universal Sports is currently in the process of solving all issues regarding all website changes. We sincerely apologize for any inconveinence that this may have caused you. Please allow us some time to resolve any current and future issues. If you paid for any events, and would rather have us refund your money, we are able to do so after a full investigation of your purchase.

Again we apologize, and if you can just be patient with us, we can assure you the best experience with Universal Sports.

Thank You,
Universal Sports Customer Support

At this point I can hardly recommend you spend money on Universal Sports on-line package :mad:

oh gosh. I was using sporza and didn't have a chance to look at US! will do . THAT is a drag. They had better get their stuff together before the Giro. :mad:

..and after all that hype.

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Carols said:
Well US live streaming is working, got to see today's stage on my TV via HDMI cable with Gogo and Steve :)

Still no Library but they are working on it I hope.....

Yeah they better be... the Tour of the Basque country I can forgive, but the Giro is the reason I bought this package. If they don't get the "library" link working by then, I'll be first in line for a refund...

Potomac said:
I'm following this thread with interest, as I'm considering purchasing the giro package.

It was a shame when comcast dropped Universal Sports.

Yes it's Shame comcast doesn't have it anymore :(

Until they redid their website on stage 2 of Basque I was quite happy with the on-line package. Could watch live or on-demand. Hooked up computer to tv with HDMI. Added advantage was during 'commercials' they continue the feed without commentary so you never missed an attack etc.

But they rolled out a new website and it is Very Buggy :( I was ****ed....kept trying to watch and no link or link didn't work...no schedule...and no library for on-demand replays. It is still a mess but at least I won't try to use it everyday now that Basque is over.

I'll check in a week and let you know how they are coming along. The new version is better as it has true full screen viewing and a point in time advance feature during on-demand replay. Hopefully they get the bugs worked out soon! If it's still a mess for the Giro I will go Ballistic and ask for my $$ back.

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Yeah its ****ing ridiculous. It doesnt even let me log in to the website. It seems like they deleted my account or something. I missed most of pais vasco because of it. They better fix this soon or ill just get my money back and try something else like cycling.tv

Swede1 said:
Yeah its ****ing ridiculous. It doesnt even let me log in to the website. It seems like they deleted my account or something. I missed most of pais vasco because of it. They better fix this soon or ill just get my money back and try something else like cycling.tv

Write to Customer Service...I couldn't log in either but they fixed it after I complained Vociferiously!!!

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Carols said:
Write to Customer Service...I couldn't log in either but they fixed it after I complained Vociferiously!!!

Alright ive only written once so now I will really start to ramp up the complaints.

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Someone needs to let the brass know that the web designers are only keeping themselve's happy. Who wants to keep jumping through hoops with a new page design.

I just keep logging on and after ten to twenty tries, I'm in. What a joy it is.:(

Potomac said:
It was a shame when comcast dropped Universal Sports.

I wrote about this somewhat extensively in the past, lamenting first Universal leaving independence and selling to Comcast to begin with. Before that we didn't have to listen to P&P, who have become so bad I'd rather listen in a foreign language I do not speak.

I wrote quote a bit in that thread, and a previous one, about it. Here's that post if you'd like the history.

Carols said:
Np progress...I was given a ticket # a week ago but haven't heard a word since. Yesterday I requested a refund...probably will get no response to that either :( US S*CKS :mad:

And to top it off KEEP US just posted some spam in the forum tonight!!!

boy they had better fix their stuff before the Giro or I will do something drastic :eek::mad:

..I wondered about that useless new look the website had....complete runaround..

From the posts above and my own poking about universal sports website things don't look very positive.

The problem for American viewers is watching live streams at work is a risky proposition. Without a guarantee of recorded coverage, I don't see the point of purchasing the Giro package.

The Universal Sport web pages is seriously lacking in information need to make any kind of purchasing decision.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Seems like someone had the brilliant idea to redesign the website during the cycling season. That probably wasn't the person with a lot of IT experience, or with the passion for cycling.

Perhaps they want to have it ready before the Olympics, which attracts more visitors anyway.

Too bad they'll lose a bunch of customers because of this.

May 28, 2010
Visit site
It appears the problem is more or less fixed now. I've got the package and I can now go back and watch the full stages from the Tour of the Basque Country and the Giro is in the upcoming section.

For me at least, it appears to be crisis averted.

They even have a schedule up :) In a bit under 24 hours we'll either be watching the Giro or Cursing Universal Sports....hopefully watching LOL.

You can only watch the Basque stages After the cutover and none of the races prior to the cutover that used to be in the 'Library'...races I paid for :(

Still NOT happy with them and will try to find some other solution for the Vuelta as I don't want to give them another dime. :mad:

Carols said:
They even have a schedule up :) In a bit under 24 hours we'll either be watching the Giro or Cursing Universal Sports....hopefully watching LOL.

You can only watch the Basque stages After the cutover and none of the races prior to the cutover that used to be in the 'Library'...races I paid for :(

Still NOT happy with them and will try to find some other solution for the Vuelta as I don't want to give them another dime. :mad:

I am going to badger them until I get a refund for their untruths in advertising. :mad: How dare they take away spring classics.

TRENDING THREADS