• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tygart, Vaughters and Landis LIVE!

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Tygart and JV on the same podium, talking about doping? Isn't that a bit tooooo much like Lance and Hein sharing beers and more?
Yeah, I'm calling conflict of interest.

If JV wants to do something for clean sports, quit sports and become a journalist. They get stuff done, and have only one objective: truth.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Cloxxki said:
Tygart and JV on the same podium, talking about doping? Isn't that a bit tooooo much like Lance and Hein sharing beers and more?
Yeah, I'm calling conflict of interest.

If JV wants to do something for clean sports, quit sports and become a journalist. They get stuff done, and have only one objective: truth.

Yea, I'm expecting LA PD, OJ, and Rodney King in the follow up session.

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
For those interested, this event is today at 4:30 p.m. EST (in about 2 hours).

Livestream link in post #1.

floyd breaking omerta….one step at a time

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
the guy says lance's era was cycling's dirtiest era.
i wonder how he knows.

"garmin, which has been built on the ideal of clean cycling".

slamdunk stuff for jv.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Cyivel said:
Do you have heat with JV, brother Sniper?

he should be taking heat in any serious, open discussion about doping in cycling.

I'll be rather annoyed if they let him get away with the 'cycling is so much cleaner now' message today.

but thus far it's really good.

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
sniper said:
he should be taking heat in any serious, open discussion about doping in cycling.

I'll be rather annoyed if they let him get away with the cycling is so much cleaner message today.

but thus far it's really good.
Yup, Tygart just pointed out the real victims aren't dopers like Landis and Vaughters, but those who chose not to cheat.

You can tell he's very intelligent, he's even giving the attending Law students homework. :D

Edit: Not that I think Floyd considers himself a victim in any way.

Very good challenge from the guy who spoke about friends he has in other sports, that I dont think has been made in the clinic.

JV and others say people like Millar and Dekker show younger riders that doping isnt worth it. The guy challenged this by pointing out that in other sports guys who werent caught seem to have made it through years of doping and out the other end just fine.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Very good challenge from the guy who spoke about friends he has in other sports, that I dont think has been made in the clinic.

JV and others say people like Millar and Dekker show younger riders that doping isnt worth it. The guy challenged this by pointing out that in other sports guys who werent caught seem to have made it through years of doping and out the other end just fine.

Also stated, that those riders only come forward once they are caught and have no choice. Where are the riders who came forward before they were caught?

Bassons, who else? Even Manzano came forward once his health took a dip not because he had some moral conflict.

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
ChewbaccaD said:
Tygart took a hit at Sky's idiotic zero tolerance policy. Good.
I don't know, he basically said a zero tolerance policy leads to people keeping their mouths shut, but Team Sky have already kicked out a bunch of dopers, like Julich, Yates and Rogers. For an actual clean team I think adopting a zero tolerance policy along with careful vetting of riders and staff would be quite effective.

TRENDING THREADS