• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tygart, Vaughters and Landis LIVE!

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Who does ****ing Floyd ****ing Landis think he is? Lance Armstrong has taken up anti-doping now, and as soon as they form an international truth and reconstipation committee, he will be at the forefront of cleaning up cycling. He will head the dope clean-up for more years than any other dope cleaner-uper in the history of the sport. Cancer. Floyd Landis...whatever.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Anything for that train to pull into the station...

If I was Landis I'd be doing anything to get that Whistleblower paycheck ASAP. He should ask some pointed questions to Tygart about what he knows and spin the facts his way (I told you that, my info etc.).

Payday/Payback is a B%^$*. Would have been cheaper just to give him a contract!!!!

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
I recall floyd's contemporaneous speaking was not great.

Hopefully, there's some structure and some time spent on the Ashenden's revelations into just how fake the bio-passport is with the uci running it.
that was when he was deer in headlights post 2006 testo.

once he has the remit, he is impressive.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
I like the idea of this meet but really what are they going to do or solve? Getting the word out to us again who are already on the same page?

Unless they are starting a new Pro Cycling organization or a new Anti-Doping group to be used next week it will be pretty dull.

ElChingon said:
I like the idea of this meet but really what are they going to do or solve? Getting the word out to us again who are already on the same page?

Unless they are starting a new Pro Cycling organization or a new Anti-Doping group to be used next week it will be pretty dull.

Think of the general public as getting some pertinent info...and possible solicitation of new ideas for the future track of cycling?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
mewmewmew13 said:
Think of the general public as getting some pertinent info...and possible solicitation of new ideas for the future track of cycling?

New ideas, like banning doping, testing for doping, coming up with new tests for doping? Without a competent and trustworthy governing body we're still at square Zero.

What has changed so far post the Nth recent doping fiasco? Nothing :(

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
goes to show the use of all JV's efforts. Most non-clinicians genuinely consider him the embodiment of anti-doping within the peloton. Can't wait for him to tell the audience how the biopassport has allowed Ryder to win the Giro clean.

sniper said:
goes to show the use of all JV's efforts. Most non-clinicians genuinely consider him the embodiment of anti-doping within the peloton. Can't wait for him to tell the audience how the biopassport has allowed Ryder to win the Giro clean.
I'd say trying to BS his way around a public forum with Landis right there might not be a good idea. Which should make you stop to think.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
I'd say trying to BS his way around a public forum with Landis right there might not be a good idea. Which should make you stop to think.
the fact that he's invited there in the first place is clear conflict of interests.
one big issue at that round table should be how the UCI and new age teams are fooling us into believing that the post-lance armstrong is so much better. I don't see how JV's presence is going to stimulate any frank discussion about the problems of the post-Lance era.

ElChingon said:

I disagree. Landis is correct in stating

"I went to the Yale Law School and I said that it would be good if some people were to have a look at the issue of doping within cycling; how we got here and what the solution is going forward. They got excited about the prospect and so we've got four guys on the panel that includes me. I think the real goal is to get young students and put this issue in front of them and see if there's any different approach to how we're dealing with the problem because it obviously hasn't been working,"

I am a former trial lawyer who has returned to University to study psychology and the young people there these days are so smart it is a great idea to give them a kick at the can.

ChewbaccaD said:
Who does ****ing Floyd ****ing Landis think he is? Lance Armstrong has taken up anti-doping now, and as soon as they form an international truth and reconstipation committee, he will be at the forefront of cleaning up cycling. He will head the dope clean-up for more years than any other dope cleaner-uper in the history of the sport. Cancer. Floyd Landis...whatever.

Lol, no no, it's an "international tribunal" he wants them to start, so he can be "the first in the door to admit he doped", get it right Chewie:p;)

May 27, 2012
Visit site
oldcrank said:
Am I the only one that is surprised and dismayed that several
of the world famous doping experts that inhabit this forum
were not invited to the party? Shocking, really shocking.

No, they invited Vaughters.

I just wonder why they didn't ask disgraced cyclist Lance Armstrong or any of his fanboys (who are too cowardly to show their face too much here unless it's for a drive-by comment) to the party? Oh wait, they realize the whole lot are complete morons and Yale has a Star Trek strength deflector shield for people like that.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
RobbieCanuck said:
I disagree. Landis is correct in stating

"I went to the Yale Law School and I said that it would be good if some people were to have a look at the issue of doping within cycling; how we got here and what the solution is going forward. They got excited about the prospect and so we've got four guys on the panel that includes me. I think the real goal is to get young students and put this issue in front of them and see if there's any different approach to how we're dealing with the problem because it obviously hasn't been working,"

I am a former trial lawyer who has returned to University to study psychology and the young people there these days are so smart it is a great idea to give them a kick at the can.

So a room full of hopeful lawyers to be listen in on how to game the system from yet another angle they may have not read/thought about. This has the making if the Nth lawyer joke. The end result will be a smidgen of a loophole in the law and one of those hopeful soon to be lawyers will find it and another one gets away. Because that one finding the loophole will make more money than the rest of the room, no matter if it is a more legal/moral to not seek that loophole.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
ElChingon said:
So a room full of hopeful lawyers to be listen in on how to game the system from yet another angle they may have not read/thought about.
You'll be relieved to learn that attendance isn't mandatory, so no need to fret.

I, however, plan on being there.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
ElChingon said:
So a room full of hopeful lawyers to be listen in on how to game the system from yet another angle they may have not read/thought about. This has the making if the Nth lawyer joke. The end result will be a smidgen of a loophole in the law and one of those hopeful soon to be lawyers will find it and another one gets away. Because that one finding the loophole will make more money than the rest of the room, no matter if it is a more legal/moral to not seek that loophole.

You don't understand what law and justice are about at all.

TRENDING THREADS