• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tygart, Vaughters and Landis LIVE!

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
blackcat said:
ThoughTFF should we really parrot this "policy" of Brailsford without heavily sarcastic apostrophes?

zero________
____tolerance
____________policy

<heavily sarcastic> apostrophe "zero tolerance policy" /sarcasm.

caveat:
i) unless you are British and are part of British Cycling
ii) unless you can win the Tour and are British
iii) unless you have a sound network with degrees of separation and a plausible deniability strategy to invoke when a crisis hits

Its BS that they talk about a Zero Tolerance, more like Zero Dark Thirty torture enemy prisoners. If Wiggins can win the Tour, and they can use Murdoch to spout this Orwellian dopecyclespeak, then we are all the idiots GW Bush talked about when he spoke of getting fooled his second occasion.

Brailsford, you suck.

you also look like Golem in LOTR.

you should have been knighted, Sir Lancelot.

Hoy, Brailford, Wiggins, and soon to be Cavendish.

Will be the Four Horsemen taking equine steroids like nandrolone until the Apocalypse and Cancer Jesus comes in with the rapture.

/tortured metaphor extraordinary rendered

Does Brailsford have the precious?

Anyhow all of the dopers benefited and still benefit from cheating. :( No matter how much anyone tries to "spin" it.

Sky like you say blackcat only put enough room between themselves so they can deny deny deny. It is all show.

blackcat did you see dude's read loafers reference?:confused:

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Glenn_Wilson said:
blackcat did you see dude's read loafers reference?:confused:

I thought it was all good. I liked the "Cancer Jesus" line.

I thought I should ask about using it as I didn't know if it was t0o, ah.... offensive.

_______________________________ was the red loafers quip beyond the pale?

thehog said:

Read the article, what a sham that was.

Landis, still doesn't take any ownership/blame for doping.

Are other aspects of the sport responsible? Yes, everyone, but Floyd loves to point the finger at everybody else.

At least Lance said, I'm not talking about other people, and kept the focus on himself. Floyd loves to point the finger at everybody else.

Disappointing.

Tygart...tired of that guy also. Hey, I'm waiting for the "close associate of Lance Armstrong" name he refuses to give up that supposedly offered up to $250K to donate to the USADA. No reason to not name names any longer...but he is either lying, or protecting someone.

zigmeister said:

Are other aspects of the sport responsible? Yes, everyone, but Floyd loves to point the finger at everybody else.

At least Lance said, I'm not talking about other people, and kept the focus on himself. Floyd loves to point the finger at everybody else.

Disappointing.

Tygart...tired of that guy also. Hey, I'm waiting for the "close associate of Lance Armstrong" name he refuses to give up that supposedly offered up to $250K to donate to the USADA. No reason to not name names any longer...but he is either lying, or protecting someone.

Fanboys still angry at Landis. News at eleven.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Fanboys still angry at Landis. News at eleven.

Did Landis go to the only anti-doping authority that matters, Oprah?
No.

Sure he went to USADA and the Feds and appeared on 60 minutes, ABC, has gone to Australia, Yale etc and a full 9 hour interview with Kimmage.
Except in all those places Landis has never taken ownership of what he did.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Athame said:
I thought it was all good. I liked the "Cancer Jesus" line.

I thought I should ask about using it as I didn't know if it was t0o, ah.... offensive.

_______________________________ was the red loafers quip beyond the pale?

No problem man. It just read like something else that was quoted fairly often.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Glenn_Wilson said:
No problem man. It just read like something else that was quoted fairly often.
glenn did you read into the red loafers as "he treads light in his loafers". not the Pope's red shoes?

zigmeister said:

Disappointing.

Really, still? At what point will you finally admit that you have sucked-up to the single biggest loser in the history of pro cycling? Not a single thing about his career was legit and yet there are still idiots like yourself who are willing to back him at every turn.
Folks like you are what keeps Las Vegas in business. "I know I lost the last 10 times I came here, but I feel a lucky streak coming on."
For crying out loud just give it up before you hurt yourself.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Bosco10 said:
Come on.. is there anything good about Lance? He must have had a sliver of heart when he started his charity.

Theory 1: PEDs caused his cancer, and he had no intention of stopping taking them, hence risking reacquiring said cancer.

Theory 2: If you could sink funds into a tax break venture that may prove useful for your own health down the track, why wouldn't you?

Hugh Januss said:
Really, still? At what point will you finally admit that you have sucked-up to the single biggest loser in the history of pro cycling? Not a single thing about his career was legit and yet there are still idiots like yourself who are willing to back him at every turn.
Folks like you are what keeps Las Vegas in business. "I know I lost the last 10 times I came here, but I feel a lucky streak coming on."
For crying out loud just give it up before you hurt yourself.

I don't care about Lance.

Why is it OK for Landis, Vaughters to go about the World now, proclaim the culture was the reason for the doping.

Yet, Lance was the "inventor" and creator of doping? When we all know he isn't. We could make the same claim you made about Lance with pretty much every winner during that era of most races. Most have admitted, or were busted for doping at one point or another.

So, let's get off the Lance is the Devil thing already, and get down to the jist of the matter, most of the sport for a long time was corrupt and dirty. Lay down the criticism to all involved.

Yet, guys are getting a pass, or minimal suspensions for years of doping that are insignificant.

Nobody will take you seriously if you apply different standards to different people. Then the bias to take down Lance is even more glaring. When there are 100 people in line behind him that should be taken down also for life.

That is what many don't apparent get when I write these things. It isn't about Lance, get over it...it is about the entire dirty sport, and all involved with making it that way.

But I know how everybody loves a good villain in this World.

Still don't know anybody can't answer why Tygart won't reveal the mystery person who tried to give them $250K, or whatever that vague number is he keeps saying/changes. His latest comment/revelation after Lance's confession is he told 60 minutes Sports that "the Feds know who the person is, I told them." What?!?! The Feds dropped their case. It doesn't matter who told you this information. The Feds aren't going to need/use that info for anything likely, if so, just another name against him. So just tell us already Tygart...stop hiding, or lying.

Armstrong stopped being a "victim of the system" (heavy quotations there) the moment he became an enforcer and a pusher of doping on others and effectively was in cahoots with the system. He didn't invent the system, but he climbed up the ladder until he was at the top of it. He has more responsibility than the vast majority of dopers.