• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UAE Tour 2021, February 21 - February 27

Page 29 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sam Bennet to win again tomorrow as well.

EvJyGNdXMAULreH

EvJuFzgXcAI4I1l

EvJtckfWgAQ5BG5

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan
He spent quite some energy moving up (from a bad position) before the sprint in a direct battle with Ewan.
True but it’s fair to say that a somewhat flattering impression of his raw speed was given in the previous sprint because he was never in the wind and was sprinting in Bennett’s slipstream. Ewan was in the wind. Very impressive performances for a guy just stepping into the big leagues either way. He looks like he has a big future. It will be interesting to see him with a lead out.

In his own words he got a 50% increase in salary, when he extended his contract two years ago. He reportedly earned 200.000 Euros a year before that, so it should be around 300.000 now.

But he is definitely worth more at the moment, and with contract running out this year, he is probably going to get paid more for the next couple of years.
He is to become 36 soon, so he seems like a great target for ISN to throw a lot of money at for a 5 year contract.

In his own words he got a 50% increase in salary, when he extended his contract two years ago. He reportedly earned 200.000 Euros a year before that, so it should be around 300.000 now.

But he is definitely worth more at the moment, and with contract running out this year, he is probably going to get paid more for the next couple of years.

That‘s significantly less than I would have guessed. Say what you like about Lefevere, nobody in the sport drives a harder bargain or consistently gets more talent for his expenditure.

I agree. Really interesting to see what he'll do upcoming off-season with barely any riders under contract for next year yet.

Yeah that’s going to be the greatest test of his wheeeler-dealering yet. A team with a big budget could just sign his whole lead sprint unit or his classics team as a bloc if they wanted to.

Blueroads is probably right that his approach will probably be decided to a large extent by just how big a guaranteed winner he thinks Evenepoel is at the time. I would really, really hate for them to become primarily a GC team though. The idea is repellent.