• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

UCI appeals Contador decision

Page 25 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 25, 2009
1,072
0
0
Visit site

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
3,853
0
0
Visit site
I Watch Cycling In July said:
"Contador’s defence have drafted in a German expert in plasticisers, '...' Also on hand will be a biostatistician, who will raise doubts about the value and efficacy of the biological passport."

Contador not Tranquillo about the transfusion argument from WADA :eek:

The defense efforts seem to be following the path of the Landis episode. Time to brace ourselves for a sever outbreak of specious-BS-masquerading-as-science, which will be misinterpreted by some of the finest legal minds......

Odds that a Tour Winner transfused blood = 1 out of 5?
Odds that a Tour winner ate a bad cow = 1 out of 5,000,000,000?

The biostatistician better be pretty sharp to figure that one out...

Crap, is it too late to get a backdated TUE for Clen?
 

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
13,250
1
0
Visit site
I Watch Cycling In July said:
"Contador’s defence have drafted in a German expert in plasticisers, '...' Also on hand will be a biostatistician, who will raise doubts about the value and efficacy of the biological passport."

Contador not Tranquillo about the transfusion argument from WADA :eek:

The defense efforts seem to be following the path of the Landis episode. Time to brace ourselves for a sever outbreak of specious-BS-masquerading-as-science, which will be misinterpreted by some of the finest legal minds......

C'mon - if Contadors legal & expert team were going the Landis route then they would be releasing technical and irrelevant information to the press just before the hearing....... oh wait.
 
Sep 25, 2009
7,527
1
0
Visit site
the only thing in common between landis's and contador's mode of defence is ....paul scott.

this lad has no credibility and imo will not help contador in whatever capacity he was hired.

otoh, any testimony from the honourable professor vivian james on behalf of contador will weigh in heavily. you don't get to chair the london olympic anti-doping for vanity...

another noteworthy and surprizing absence in contador's team is banfi...i recon it's because he lost pellizzotti's defence in cas.

interesting is contador reportedly hiring a german to defend against a potential plastisizer test (not clear if it was actually in the written submittable documents)...

i am also surprised that among the contador's physical witnesses we are not seeing the astana cook of the allegedly contaminated meat... thought he (and the purchaser of the meat) might have been deposited in writing...

all in all, i don't see much substantial and/or factual news to change or add to the current level of speculation.
 
Oct 16, 2010
19,912
2
0
Visit site
python said:
(...)
interesting is contador reportedly hiring a german to defend against a potential plastisizer test (not clear if it was actually in the written submittable documents)...
(...)

the plasticizers have been on AC's mind from his first public appearance (after the positive) onwards, in which he felt a mysterious need to explain that the piece of meat brought in from Spain had been wrapped in vacuum plastic.
 
Oct 20, 2009
41
0
0
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:

Longer???? :eek:

Polish said:
Odds that a Tour Winner transfused blood = 1 out of 5?
Odds that a Tour winner ate a bad cow = 1 out of 5,000,000,000?
The biostatistician better be pretty sharp to figure that one out...

Crap, is it too late to get a backdated TUE for Clen?

Totally agree, i think it would be a mistake for the defence to focus too much on this (as it will be classed as ridiculous) but that is all it has ever been about so i see this will be there entire defence!
 
sniper said:
the plasticizers have been on AC's mind from his first public appearance (after the positive) onwards, in which he felt a mysterious need to explain that the piece of meat brought in from Spain had been wrapped in vacuum plastic.

Odd, isn't it? You'd think that dopers in general and cyclist in particular have a established the fine tradition of coming up with some sort of a shameful explanations. Nasty rashes in intimate places, etc.
Contador should have leaked the fact that he still sleeps with a comforter. Vacume plastic...how much of that would end up via 2 ounches of meat into the stomach (most of the meat's skin is fat that stays in the kitchen), versus a similar amount of blood that was in a bag for a month?
 
Let's hope WADA in their appeal will hint to the seemingly covering by the UCI of the positive, leading to an external and delayed leak. Nothing good can ever come from intensional delays, unless the suspect is purposely protected. Who would even WANT to receivve such preferential treatment, if it's going to look this bad on you? If the lab hadn't leaked, we might never have known...
I believe Contador went out of his way talking about cleaner cycling after hearing of his positive, and before the positive result was made public. Just really, really suspect. He really should have played stupid rather than out-smart the WADA and lab guys.
 
I doubt a 'Good luck Alberto' thread would be tolerated so can I just say good luck Alberto. I for one am hoping that the Lausanne hearing which starts tomorrow through to Thursday finds in his favour. I know this won't be a popular view but it is mine and I'm comfortable with it given the circumstances of the positive.

2 years without a Contador at his prime would be too much to take.
 
ferryman said:
I doubt a 'Good luck Alberto' thread would be tolerated so can I just say good luck Alberto. I for one am hoping that the Lausanne hearing which starts tomorrow through to Thursday finds in his favour. I know this won't be a popular view but it is mine and I'm comfortable with it given the circumstances of the positive.

2 years without a Contador at his prime would be too much to take.

Good to know someone shares my opinion.