• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UCI has one 'last chance to prove its credibility'

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 5, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Bruyneel got a job answering the phone.

A journalist should ring it pretending to be some rider :)

Come on Benson ring the hotline!!!!

I was of the understanding that UCI (AKA V.I.A.L. - Velocipede International & Local) had taken significant steps in addressing anti-doping by changing its telephone number and printing new business cards!

thehog said:
Orrrrrrr Pat answers and asked to hear your fantasy.

I hear there's already been a lot of heavy breathing and panting. But I suspect that might just be some Sky fans who got the wrong number.

If the doll is sitting up in the window of McQuaid's office then he is available, if it's lying down then he's busy with a delegation 'globalising' cycling.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
thirteen said:
Welcome to the UCI Rope a Dope Hotline.
Our operative is busy playing solitaire so please select one of the following options:

If you are Cath Wiggins calling about Chris again, press 1 now.
If you are Spanish you have dialed the wrong number, hang up immediatley.

If you have information concerning a rider that may have doped, press 3 now and enter the code S-C-U-M-B-A-G on your phone.
This allows the UCI remote access in securing the line to ensure the strictest confidence of the information you provide and ultimately where we bury your body.

Mrs John Murphy said:
I hear there's already been a lot of heavy breathing and panting. But I suspect that might just be some Sky fans who got the wrong number.

If the doll is sitting up in the window of McQuaid's office then he is available, if it's lying down then he's busy with a delegation 'globalising' cycling.

"I'm sitting here in tight lyrca thinking about you. My shaved legs are so smooth. How bad you want it big boy? You want all of me?"

35ddjk4.jpg

Sep 5, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
"I'm sitting here in tight lyrca thinking about you. My shaved legs are so smooth. How bad you want it big boy? You want all of me?"

35ddjk4.jpg

Felt Bicycles are partly following the SKINS initiative to seek compensation.

But instead of taking legal action through filing a claim against the UCI, Verbruggen and McQuaid for damage to their brand and reputation Felt is singling out Patrick McQuad for structural damage to their bike and, by association, damage to their reputation!

;)

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
The title of this thread is a joke. 'UCI has one last chance to prove credibility'.

**** off. No independent commisons, no more lies. I cant believe anyone is taking this ridiculous attempt of another cover up seriously. Enough is enough. When is the verdict due? June 2013 or something? No chance.

Credibility left along time ago.

http://www.insidethegames.biz/sport...e-have-not-covered-up-anything-claims-mcquaid

McQuaid gone mad!

November 13 - International Cycling Union (UCI) President Pat McQuaid claimed today that they have "always been a pioneer in the fight against doping" despite the Lance Armstrong scandal and denied allegations that they failed to act on information given to them about riders taking performance enhancing drugs.

McQuaid made his claims in an 1,000 word open letter published today on the UCI website, the first time he has properly addressed the issues surrounding Armstrong since the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) found him guilty of a "systematic campaign" to cheat and led to him being stripped of the seven Tour de France titles he won between 1999 and 2005 as well as being given a life ban.

But McQuaid claimed that the fault did not lay with the UCI but with the scientists who did not come up with a test that would have caught Armstrong.

"The UCI has always been a pioneer in the fight against doping, a fact recognised by WADA (World Anti-Doping Agency) and the IOC (International Olympic Committee) among others," writes McQuaid in his letter addressed "Dear rider".

"We pride ourselves on the fact that we were the first sport to introduce a whole range of scientific measures as tools in this fight.

"These include the haematocrit test, the EPO (Erythropoietin) tests, the homologous blood transfusion test and the blood passport, which I do not need to tell you about, as you are in the front line and have been overwhelmingly supportive of these initiatives.

"We are aware that this extensive anti-doping programme causes much inconvenience for you, and we thank you for having accepted the hassle for the greater good of cycling.

"Nevertheless, when we read in the USADA dossier that Lance Armstrong and others were able to use doping throughout their careers, we have to admit that the tests provided by the scientific community were simply not adequate enough to combat the problem."

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Time someone started a "credibility questionnaire" on UCI with pro riders, team staff, sponsors and fanbase. Maybe someone would like to set something like this up so that responses can be done anonymously via the web. And then do one every say 6 months.

"On a scale from 0-10 where 0 means no trust at all and 10 means very high trust levels, how would you rate your trust level on the following questions:

1. I trust that the testing methods UCI themselves deploy are good enough to catch the majority of doping episodes
2. I trust that enough tests are done to catch the majority of doping episodes
3. I believe that the chain from test sample to a lab finding of a positive result can be trusted (incl. national anti-doping feds)
4. I trust UCI's impartial management of a positive lab result
5. I trust that financial transactions by UCI are properly conducted
6. I trust that under Pat & Hein the rules that govern the sport are optimally managed and changed if required
7. I trust that under Pat & Hein the sport is optimally promoted
8. I trust Pat & Hein
9. I trust the majority of staff at UCI under Pat & Hein
10. I trust WADA's approach to anti-doping efforts in sport"

thehog said:
http://www.insidethegames.biz/sport...e-have-not-covered-up-anything-claims-mcquaid

McQuaid gone mad!

...McQuaid claimed that the fault did not lay with the UCI but with the scientists who did not come up with a test that would have caught Armstrong... .

Sure, blame the scientists.

After all, it isn't like science found six positive samples from the '999 Tour, though is it?

Not like the UCI's 'Independent Investigation' even looked at those test results. The glaring omission was the best part of the whole Vrijman report.

Not like the UCI wasn't willing to accept the obviously faked and backdated TUE for the cortisone positive. Certainly wasn't any science behind faking that one.

So, what kind of test is he thinking of?

He must be thinking about some sort of forensic accounting 'science' to follow the money trail from Lance to bribe Pat and the UCI?

Pat, how did you get so Phat?

Dave.

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
the cn article:
Ian McClure, a former journalist, began working with the sport’s international governing body eight months ago and has advised the UCI through one of it’s most troublesome periods.

eight months ago ?

since then, the uci had suffered one pr disaster after another. from losing to usada in the us federal court, to being forced to reverse itself on usada jurisdiction, to suspending kimage's suit, to being sued by individuals and corporations...

either the new irish chap is incompetent or the uci president that hired him is incompetent.

perhaps both...

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
python said:
the cn article:
Ian McClure, a former journalist, began working with the sport’s international governing body eight months ago and has advised the UCI through one of it’s most troublesome periods.

eight months ago ?

since then, the uci had suffered one pr disaster after another. from losing to usada in the us federal court, to being forced to reverse itself on usada jurisdiction, to suspending kimage's suit, to being sued by individuals and corporations...

either the new irish chap is incompetent or the uci president that hired him is incompetent.

perhaps both...

Or maybe, as bad and all as the last few months have been, without this boy McClure it would have been EVEN WORSE!

Maybe he had to talk them into finally ditching Armstrong at all!!

"Hein, calm down!!"

"Never, I say, Never, never, never, never..."

"Hein, shut up!!"

"...never, never, never..."

"Pat, shut that t***er up before he blows the gaff completely"

sounds of gagging and people being sat on.

muffled shouts "nmmhver...nhmmvverrr"

"that's better, Pat - now, about this hotline"

etc, etc, etc...

^^^ Perfect!

python said:
the cn article:

eight months ago ?

perhaps both...

Probably.

Or, no, not incompetent. Just taking advantage of another opportunity to skim money and favors off the top.

<sound of Pat and Hein high-fiving>

Dave.

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
"A 1000 word open letter....."

How many bottles of Middleton's Very Rare does that equate to???

Letting Phat drink "uisce beatha" is a waste of a good drop or three.....:eek:

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
python said:
the cn article:

eight months ago ?

perhaps both...

+1

When I saw the headline I thought they meant he had just signed on. But if he was there 8 months ago I'm thinking they need a different strategist.

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I am wonder what part of being a journalist qualifies one to be an PR advisor for a troubled organization? OH yea, "Dublin based". UCI really is being run as a personal fiefdom and good old boy network. Some professional management could do a lot for them.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
howsteepisit said:
Personally, I am wonder what part of being a journalist qualifies one to be an PR advisor for a troubled organization? OH yea, "Dublin based". UCI really is being run as a personal fiefdom and good old boy network. Some professional management could do a lot for them.

The Blatter soccer empire would appear to be run much the same way.

TRENDING THREADS