• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UCI Management Committee Meeting Friday - ACT NOW

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
AussieEdge said:
Why stop there

If you are going to email, why not include Sports ministers and your countries branches of the IOC & WADA puttin pressure on UCI & the guys listed on page 1

Can't hurt

I wasn't joking German Cycling unions president DOES make a sloth look like an utter hectic animal. He won't so much as breathe until pummeled by the media.

Seems that Brian Cookson got the messages then..

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/about/article/20121023-about-bc-static-Message-from-Brian-Cookson-0

A message to British Cycling members from Brian Cookson, OBE, President of British Cycling:
"Many of you have been in touch to communicate your concerns about the Lance Armstrong affair and the troubles besetting our sport.
After a wonderful summer, the USADA report on Armstrong has seen cycling attract the wrong kind of headlines.
However, while this is painful for those of us who love cycling, I believe this is a necessary process and one from which the sport will emerge stronger.
I welcome the UCI decision to accept the findings of the United States Anti-Doping Agency’s investigation into Lance Armstrong and I promise to use my role on the UCI Management Committee to reflect the concerns many of you have expressed via email and social media.
Cycling must act on the lessons from USADA’s thorough investigation, which has brought light into a dark era in our sport. I believe we have already made progress but the actions of the past continue to affect the present and we have to maintain our vigilance.
British Cycling remains as committed as ever to the fight against doping and we are proud of our record of providing a clean environment for our riders to compete in.
Our work across the sport – providing opportunities to compete or just enjoy riding bikes – goes on."
Brian Cookson OBE
British Cycling President

External commission to examine UCI role in the handling of the Armstrong case.

Kimmage case suspended pending commission findings.

Anyone want to bet the External commission will be like the Vrijmen report.

Pat & Hein must be really afraid of dirt being uncovered on them if the lawsuit drags on.

the asian said:

Pat & Hein must be really afraid of dirt being uncovered on them if the lawsuit drags on.

After Festina they had Riis head a dope clean up commission! I kid you not!

May 26, 2010
Visit site
the asian said:

LeMond has proof so that might have put the scarers on it becoming public in a court and opening Hein and Pat to criminal charges.

But yeah I expect an attempt at a white wash by an external commission.

But will Kimmage, LeMond and us fans allow it? I want to see the UCI turfed out.

Benotti69 said:
LeMond has proof so that might have put the scarers on it becoming public in a court and opening Hein and Pat to criminal charges.

But yeah I expect an attempt at a white wash by an external commission.

But will Kimmage, LeMond and us fans allow it? I want to see the UCI turfed out.

Pressure is the key, ideally more sponsor pressure. At least if Pat & Hein step down, it would be a partial victory.

Independant investigation

In the week of 5 November 2012, therefore, the Management Committee will announce which independent sports body will nominate the members of the Commission and, with the UCI Management Committee, agree appropriate terms of reference."

I nominate Travis to be on the commission :)

And WADA to make the selections :)

mountainrman

BANNED
Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Bruyneel needs a job :rolleyes:

Remember the film "catch me if you can" - where the best forger in history, serves his time in FBI solving fraud cases as poacher turned gamekeeper.

Maybe bruyneel and ferrari would make a powerful team! Have a feeling from what is being said about Padua, Ferrari will be twiddling his thumbs for a couple of years looking at a set of bars, unless he does this!

mountainrman

BANNED
Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Carols said:
In the week of 5 November 2012, therefore, the Management Committee will announce which independent sports body will nominate the members of the Commission and, with the UCI Management Committee, agree appropriate terms of reference."

I nominate Travis to be on the commission :)

And WADA to make the selections :)

And Dr Michael Ashenden evicted from expert roles because he refused to be gagged

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
Tom Lund, head of DCU (Danish Cycling Union), interviewed after the meeting:

”Jeg forventer, at det bliver krystalklart, hvad UCI’s rolle har været i det her. Og jeg håber og tror på, at man har forvaltet sin pligt til at lede cykelsporten på en redelig måde. Har UCI ikke det, vil det blive afdækket af kommissionen, og så må de involverede personer tage konsekvensen efterfølgende,” siger han.

UCI vil i ugen omkring den 5. november be****te, hvilken uafhængig instans der skal vælge medlemmerne af undersøgelseskommissionen. Tom Lund håber og tror, at valget falder på den internationale sportsdomstol, CAS.

http://jyllands-posten.dk/sport/cykling/article4887519.ece

("I expect that it will become crystal clear what the role of the UCI has been in this. And I hope and believe that the duty to run the sport of cycling has been managed in an honest way. If the UCI has not it will be discovered by the commission and then the implicated persons must take the consequence afterwards" he says.

In the week of november 5th the UCI will decide which independent body will choose the members of the investigation committee. Tom Lund hopes and believes that the international court of sport CAS will be chosen. )

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
BBC journos reporting that a concerted effort made by a number of nations members to oust Hein TODAY at UCI meeting. Apparently couldn't quite get the majority support, but the Independent Commission was offered as compromise - apparently a number of the members (including some who didn't agree to immediate ousting) have made their views VERY clear. "This is, has to be, and will be, a line on the sand" - Pat and Hein to have little say in the choices for the Commission. Kimmage and Lemond on standby...

Guys; keep the pressure up, i'm getting a feeling it's starting to actually work...

TRENDING THREADS