UCI Management Committee Meeting Friday - ACT NOW

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
martinvickers said:
the twitteruser OCIOverlord/Not Pat McQuaid has hinted the meeting was difficult - indeed, he's hinting pretty strongly that they've had enough and Pat/Hein may be on the outs....we'll see, let's hope.
Good News--Fingers Crossed that they have finally had enough of the Hein/Pat show!!!!
 
May 13, 2011
651
0
0
Our Dear Friend RaceRadio had this to say on twitter yesterday:

Race Radio ‏@TheRaceRadio

.......Enjoy your retirement Pat
 
May 26, 2009
460
0
0
This appears to be the result of the Friday " Jolly of the UCI Executive ":

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/uci-offer-public-show-of-unity-in-face-of-mounting-pressure

My comment elsewhere :

skippyLess than a minute ago

Your comment is awaiting moderation

" Finally i find that , WE THE PUBLIC , are back where we were , BEFORE , Friday's " Ole Boys Club , talkfest "! That , those that attended the meeting , were representing , US THE CYCLING FANS , never entered their heads !

Surely , UCI Delegates need to establish the minimum level of Intelligence , in order to get to the point where they are elected to this level in the UCI ? Or , is it a case of the Aigle tag team duo , selecting those they can corrupt / bribe , most easily ?

People have been pointing the finger at " Team Sky " after the " One horse race ", that the TDF was this year . Further finger pointing occured when the " Zero Tolerance Policy " was introduced at Team Sky & British cycling . Now we have the scenario of " UCI Delegates " pretending that " killing off " the UCIIC was in the best interests of the " Sport of Cycling " ? Give us the time to see how it goes for a few more months they say ?

WE THE CYCLING PUBLIC , need to see ACTION ! NOT MORE PLATITUDES !

Cycling Fans can express their dismay by email to the following " Delegates " , most of whom , are reputed to be intelligent , thinking and forthright ! Those that side with phat & nein , will deserve to be treated with derision !

Mike Plant membership@usacycling.org usa

Attn Hee Wook Cho cycling@sports.or.kr korea

Attn Renato Di Rocco Presdenza@federciclismo.it italy

Artur Lopes geral@uvp-fpc.pt portugal

Mohamed Wagih Azzam Egypt_cycling@hotmail.com egypt

Daniel Baal dbaal.cycling@ymail.com france

Jose Manuel Pelaez panaci@enet,cu cuba

Sheik FaisalBin Humaid Al Qassimi info@uaecf.ae uae

brian cookson info@britishcycling.org.uk uk

david Lappartient presidency@ffc.fr france

Mohamed Jamel Louafi ftc@planet.tn tunisia

igor Makarov cycling@roc.ru russia

Peder Pedersen dcu@dcu-cykling.dk denmark

Were these people trying to do well by Cycling on Friday , or was it another " Jolly "?

I am Skippy Mc Carthy and my views can be found in http://www.parrabuddy.blogspot.com and @skippydetour

I am ashamed to admit , that there was a time that i thought , both Nein & phat , were worthy of being treated as people , that had held " The Best Interests of Sport " uppermost !
 
So depressing (but not surprising)
Trouble is, if & when Cookson takes over, he'll be forever tainted as the guy who kept Pat in his job....not an epitaph that anyone in cycling would like to have.
Good effort, Skippy, you did all you could
 
coinneach said:
So depressing (but not surprising)
Trouble is, if & when Cookson takes over, he'll be forever tainted as the guy who kept Pat in his job....not an epitaph that anyone in cycling would like to have.
Good effort, Skippy, you did all you could
Yes, great effort.

We aren't done, though. This is no time to let the pressure off.

The UCI is starting, just starting, to feel the pressure.

Pat should have been severely censured by the management for his letter to other IOC members.

There are lots of things to fault him on, but that was an insult to the UCI management committee members that will only serve to further isolate the sport within the IOC.

Dave.
 
Summary on Makarov

Igor Makarov is another trouble-point for anti-doping efforts.

Here's a summary borrowed from Boulder Report:

—In Russia, anti-doping cases in cycling are decided not by an independent body or anti-doping agency but by the Russian Cycling Federation itself.

The head of the Russian Cycling Federation is Igor Makarov, who is the owner of the Katusha team

—Makarov, via his Itera corporation, is also a primary sponsor of the European Cycling Union,


He's paying to play and my guess is he's got greater ambitions inside the UCI. From a cycling perspective, Makarov has it much easier than Wiesel. No semi-independent anti-doping organization to mess things up in Russia.
 
Jan 20, 2013
238
0
0
DirtyWorks said:
Igor Makarov is another trouble-point for anti-doping efforts.

Here's a summary borrowed from Boulder Report:

—In Russia, anti-doping cases in cycling are decided not by an independent body or anti-doping agency but by the Russian Cycling Federation itself.

The head of the Russian Cycling Federation is Igor Makarov, who is the owner of the Katusha team

—Makarov, via his Itera corporation, is also a primary sponsor of the European Cycling Union,


He's paying to play and my guess is he's got greater ambitions inside the UCI. From a cycling perspective, Makarov has it much easier than Wiesel. No semi-independent anti-doping organization to mess things up in Russia.
If ever there was a clear example of why we need total independence regarding doping controls, this is it. Imagine Riis controlling the Danish Cycling Union and Anti Doping Denmark... This is messed up.
 
Clausfarre said:
If ever there was a clear example of why we need total independence regarding doping controls, this is it. Imagine Riis controlling the Danish Cycling Union and Anti Doping Denmark... This is messed up.
It's not unique to Russia. USA Cycling is owned outright by 7x myth-builder Thom Wiesel.

The French Cycling federation tried to manage away Bauge's penalty in 2012. I don't remember exactly what the penalty was for, but it wasn't an AAF/positive. I remember it was the UCI that actually pursued the matter to have the penalty served per the rules.
 
DirtyWorks said:
Igor Makarov is another trouble-point for anti-doping efforts.

Here's a summary borrowed from Boulder Report:

—In Russia, anti-doping cases in cycling are decided not by an independent body or anti-doping agency but by the Russian Cycling Federation itself.

The head of the Russian Cycling Federation is Igor Makarov, who is the owner of the Katusha team

—Makarov, via his Itera corporation, is also a primary sponsor of the European Cycling Union,


He's paying to play and my guess is he's got greater ambitions inside the UCI. From a cycling perspective, Makarov has it much easier than Wiesel. No semi-independent anti-doping organization to mess things up in Russia.
It's Makarov's puppet Andre Tchmil who is favourite to win the election for president of the European Cycling Union and then to challenge Pat at the UVI elections.

We are going to have the Russian Mafia at the UCI next.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts