• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UCI MTB World Cup (All forms!)

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
No; they don't tend to broadcast them live - though they did in 2018, in Lenzerheide. I did see a clip of the start on Instagram; and noticed Laura Stigger, and Ronja EIbl are racing the U23, after racing the Elites in World Cups & Olympics.
Strangely, in 2019, Eibl was probably the best U23 rider - and she was racing against Stigger, Richards & Lecomte; not sure what has happened to her.

Eibl had a missed season last year after suffering from overtraining when the season resumed after the covid break.

This year has been decent in her first full season racing the Elites world cup, fighting for the top10s.

But Stigger and Mona are generational talents, they will be XCO legends in their primes, I have no doubt about that.

Reactions: jmdirt
Congrats Evie!

Note: not to drag up old news, but there was a lot of debate in the Van der Poel Road Discussion thread about the ramp at the Olympics. Note that the file photo that cycling news used of Evie shows the ramp in place, but her airing it out because its faster.

I always say, never write him off, even though Father Time seems to have caught up; 4th in the Olympics was good, and he looked quite good last week. I did think he may do something today, and early in the race it appeared he had the form. He's lost a few sprint finishes this season, but he looked confident on the last lap when Matthias couldn't drop him.
As for Cink, what can you say? First the Olympics, and now today.....

I'm not a Nino supporter and I was rooting for Mathias on their battle, but Flueckiger's antics on social media are ridiculous, calling out Nino for dangerous behaviour against his teammate when all that Nino did was dare to win and have awesome skills.

I don't think Mathias was very concerned with the race of his teammate when went past him elbow to elbow on an attack on the penultimate lap or so, almost touching bars.

I'm not a Nino supporter and I was rooting for Mathias on their battle, but Flueckiger's antics on social media are ridiculous, calling out Nino for dangerous behaviour against his teammate when all that Nino did was dare to win and have awesome skills.

I don't think Mathias was very concerned with the race of his teammate when went past him elbow to elbow on an attack on the penultimate lap or so, almost touching bars.
I saw those comments and I'm also not too impressed. It was a clean take on the inside line - Schurter had momentum from the flyover and Flückiger slowed on the corner but took it real wide and left a gap. Reminds me a bit of how Koretzky passed Schurter earlier in the year (momentum and a good spot). From the camera angle it did not look too risky.

Always best to leave the negative emotions out of post race social media until the blood pressue has gone a bit! ;)

Grande N1NO... 9th title! Great battle with Thomas. Cink with mechanical again but he wouldn't get medal anyway since Koretzky was way past him at the time of the problem. Still a bummer...
Too bad Pidckock is forced to sandbag in Vuelta, he'd smash them at this track imho. Also shame MVdP couldn't be in the mix too. What an missed opportunity for the epic battle this was :(

The World Champs may have gone, but the World Cup season continues; next round is Lenzerheide. Short track tonight on RBTV.

In other racing, the Enduro World Series is in France, and the fight between Richy Rude & Jack Moir; in the women's , Hattie Harnden was quicker on the final stage by over 20 seconds :eek:......to go from 4th - 1st.
Rissveds and Avancini take the short track wins! Great to see them both take the W.

So interesting post race. The women are all hugging and congratulating each other (which is awesome, love the friendly competitive atmosphere among most of them), meanswhile Henrique is telling the camera how he and Flückiger are not friends so it is good to beat him in his home country. Perhaps it is just a way of talking, but it just seems so strange and a bit adversarial. Whatevs

Rissveds and Avancini take the short track wins! Great to see them both take the W.

So interesting post race. The women are all hugging and congratulating each other (which is awesome, love the friendly competitive atmosphere among most of them), meanswhile Henrique is telling the camera how he and Flückiger are not friends so it is good to beat him in his home country. Perhaps it is just a way of talking, but it just seems so strange and a bit adversarial. Whatevs
Henrique must be saying that about each rider he manages to beat from time to time... he said similar about Nino and MVP in the past. He's kinda jerk if you ask me...

So happy to see Jenny winning again... she was through a lot.

Reactions: Ripper and jmdirt

I have never met him nor been around him, but based on things I have read from other people at the races HA is 'not as friendly' as some of the other racers. A guy I used to lift with at the Y is married to a lady from Brazil and she said that he is a typic Brazilian man! :)

I tend to agree with the views about Avancini, he puts himself on a pedestal much higher than he should be based on his results.

Showing up this year in Albstadt with a golden helmet as if he was olympic champion or had won something apart from a XCO World Cup made it for me.
I had to rewatch some of that race and pay attention to that gold helmet. A bit strange to say the least! Not sure what was going there!

Anywho, XCO tomorrow should be a good one. Lots of folks either have had good form or seem to finally be coming back into form.

TRENDING THREADS