• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UCI MTB World Cup (All forms!)

Page 28 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I wish Rob and Bart would put in a little bit more study of the athletes. For instance, Bart didn't even know Tom Pidcock was the reigning CX World Champion when Pidcock did his first XCO race this year. That's embarrassing. Bart can't really be a fan of cycling if he didn't know that.
that's a rather strange thing for him to miss... usually he has plenty of insight... mostly historical though.

seems i finally will have to buy the esp player subscription cause i can't imagine missing some decisive move in the race because of commercial and we all know there'll be at least 1 commercial break during each lap :(

Reactions: jmdirt
Rob Warner is a must, along with having actually been a mountain biker, he just brings the right vibe for the sport.

I wonder if Discovery will go for him; he's still under contract to Red Bull - and he does more than just MTB for them. This weekend is an example; he's hosting the coverage of the RB Erzbergrodeo, a round of the Hard Enduro World Championship....It wouldn't surprise me if he becomes the host for that series as it grows, and more rounds get live coverage.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiSMj0l1IfQ&ab_channel=RedBullBike

A flashback to 2019; and a top form MvdP dropping Schurter with a blistering final lap attack......He's miles from that at the moment.
He is basically without the winter base and was forced to endure the whole Gire (where he was actually pretty good) - he'll most likely wont be able to improve or even stay for the entire TdF. I expect him to DNS soon... sadly.

Have a feeling she is better than ever. Sure she won the 2016 Olympics but I sense it was partly due to a gap between generations and that course suited her well.

Last year she performed really well apart from the Olympics and Worlds where the pressure got to her. This season she is mighty strong so far podium (top-3) every race but one (where she was ill a few days before).

I don’t have any expectations for Worlds as I know she don’t really like it with all the extra attention and pressure. But maybe now when she feels more comfortable in the World Cup, she might be able to perform at the worlds.

TRENDING THREADS