• We're giving away a Cyclingnews water bottle! Find out more here!

UCI MTB World Cup (All forms!)

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

jmdirt said:
glassmoon said:
MTB World Champion Kate Courtney is leaving team Specialized...
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/mtb-world-champion-kate-courtney-to-leave-specialized/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E47NoWTR1OU
(rumor is she's joining the Scott)
I was waiting to post that until she announced her new team, but I heard TREK (funny how the rumor mill works!). If she was happy with Specialized, I can't imagine that they wouldn't pay the World Champ as much as any other offer. SOOO, I assume that there was something not to her liking (assuming is a dangerous thing:).
heard about Trek also but they got Jolanda recently (and already have Batty) so it didn't seem likely to me. but who knows. it's all just the rumors until announced officially ;)
 
Re:

glassmoon said:
I just saw that when I sat down to eat lunch.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/world-champion-courtney-signs-with-scott-sram-focuses-on-tokyo-olympics/

"Asked if it was difficult to part ways with Specialized after spending eight years with the California-based bike manufacturer, Courtney said, "It's always a tricky thing, but this was the right opportunity and the right move for the coming years, to sign through 2020. It was definitely a decision that came from my side and one that I'm feeling really excited about."
 
Apparently Jenny (Risveds) is coming back with her own team supported by Specialized (she won't be part of their factory team). Her race calendar isn't set yet. The aim is also to raise the awareness regarding the children's laws (where she engages herself lately).
Glad she sorted out her stuff and is ready to shred the dirt again.
Sources:
https://www.cyclingplus.se/artiklar/jenny-rissveds-pa-specialized-2019/
https://www.acrossthecountry.net/olympiasiegerin-jenny-rissveds-wird-zur-specialized-athletin/
https://www.solobike.it/il-ritorno-di-jenny-rissveds-con-specialized/
 
Re:

glassmoon said:
Apparently Jenny (Risveds) is coming back with her own team supported by Specialized (she won't be part of their factory team). Her race calendar isn't set yet. The aim is also to raise the awareness regarding the children's laws (where she engages herself lately).
Glad she sorted out her stuff and is ready to shred the dirt again.
Sources:
https://www.cyclingplus.se/artiklar/jenny-rissveds-pa-specialized-2019/
https://www.acrossthecountry.net/olympiasiegerin-jenny-rissveds-wird-zur-specialized-athletin/
https://www.solobike.it/il-ritorno-di-jenny-rissveds-con-specialized/
Best of luck to her!
 
You know, Van der Poel's success on the road has got me thinking - how well could Nino do if he tries a season or two? Or at least, how well could he have done? Obviously he wouldn't be at his level, but surely he would've been in the mix for wins?
 
Re:

Brullnux said:
You know, Van der Poel's success on the road has got me thinking - how well could Nino do if he tries a season or two? Or at least, how well could he have done? Obviously he wouldn't be at his level, but surely he would've been in the mix for wins?
I think that Nino could be elite on the road too. MVDP is unique in that he doesn't seem to need to focus on one discipline. He can be at the front of a XCO, WT road, and WC XC all in the same week.
 
Re: Re:

jmdirt said:
Brullnux said:
You know, Van der Poel's success on the road has got me thinking - how well could Nino do if he tries a season or two? Or at least, how well could he have done? Obviously he wouldn't be at his level, but surely he would've been in the mix for wins?
I think that Nino could be elite on the road too. MVDP is unique in that he doesn't seem to need to focus on one discipline. He can be at the front of a XCO, WT road, and WC XC all in the same week.
Surprised he never tried it more all out than the stint at orica, especially after the gold medal in rio or 2017 when he won everything there is to win. Maybe he just doesn't enjoy it
 
Re:

jmdirt said:
First XC this weekend. MVDP is in amazing form: 1) can he make it work on the dirt? 2) Is Nino ready? 3) Are the other top guys ready?
It's not this weekend.

This weekend it's only Downhill in Maribor.

The first XCO WC will be in Albstadt on May 19th.
 
Re: Re:

Ricco' said:
jmdirt said:
First XC this weekend. MVDP is in amazing form: 1) can he make it work on the dirt? 2) Is Nino ready? 3) Are the other top guys ready?
It's not this weekend.

This weekend it's only Downhill in Maribor.

The first XCO WC will be in Albstadt on May 19th.
17 May-19 May 2019 MERCEDES-BENZ UCI MTB WORLD CUP - XCO/XCC
GER
Albstadt CDM
24 May-26 May 2019 MERCEDES-BENZ UCI MTB WORLD CUP - XCO/XCC
CZE
Nove Mesto na Morave CDM
05 Jul-07 Jul 2019 MERCEDES-BENZ UCI MTB WORLD CUP - XCO/XCC - DHI
AND
Vallnord - Pal Arinsal CDM
12 Jul-14 Jul 2019 MERCEDES-BENZ UCI MTB WORLD CUP - XCO/XCC - DHI
FRA
Les Gets CDM
02 Aug-04 Aug 2019 MERCEDES-BENZ UCI MTB WORLD CUP - XCO/XCC - DHI
ITA
Val di Sole CDM
09 Aug-11 Aug 2019 MERCEDES-BENZ UCI MTB WORLD CUP - XCO/XCC - DHI
SUI
Lenzerheide CDM
06 Sep-08 Sep 2019 MERCEDES-BENZ UCI MTB WORLD CUP - XCO/XCC - DHI
USA
SnowShoe CDM
 
Re: Re:

glassmoon said:
Ricco' said:
jmdirt said:
First XC this weekend. MVDP is in amazing form: 1) can he make it work on the dirt? 2) Is Nino ready? 3) Are the other top guys ready?
It's not this weekend.

This weekend it's only Downhill in Maribor.

The first XCO WC will be in Albstadt on May 19th.
17 May-19 May 2019 MERCEDES-BENZ UCI MTB WORLD CUP - XCO/XCC
GER
Albstadt CDM
24 May-26 May 2019 MERCEDES-BENZ UCI MTB WORLD CUP - XCO/XCC
CZE
Nove Mesto na Morave CDM
05 Jul-07 Jul 2019 MERCEDES-BENZ UCI MTB WORLD CUP - XCO/XCC - DHI
AND
Vallnord - Pal Arinsal CDM
12 Jul-14 Jul 2019 MERCEDES-BENZ UCI MTB WORLD CUP - XCO/XCC - DHI
FRA
Les Gets CDM
02 Aug-04 Aug 2019 MERCEDES-BENZ UCI MTB WORLD CUP - XCO/XCC - DHI
ITA
Val di Sole CDM
09 Aug-11 Aug 2019 MERCEDES-BENZ UCI MTB WORLD CUP - XCO/XCC - DHI
SUI
Lenzerheide CDM
06 Sep-08 Sep 2019 MERCEDES-BENZ UCI MTB WORLD CUP - XCO/XCC - DHI
USA
SnowShoe CDM
When I posted the link for the UCI calendar I had the end of April saved in my head as the opening round...just the wrong discipline I guess! Its strange that I have CRS, but I can remember the wrong stuff! :lol:
 
Obviously great for Bruni to open the season with a win. The top four are within a second (top 40 in 6)!

Homer hat on: HUGE result for Harrison! The kid is fast, but 4th at a World Cup is bringin' it! 6th is a solid finish for Gwin especially considering his injury issues, and building/owning his own new team this year (including new bikes). Norton has had a 'strange' career, but 10th at a World Cup is a great result! Three USAers in the top 10!

Congrats to Seagrave for sure, but big result for Atherton on a bike that she and her brothers designed/tested/built in the off season! That has to be a cool feeling to race a bike that is yours!
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts