• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UCI MTB World Cup (All forms!)

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I am really impressed by Nino. He had to fight for it yesterday.
Absalon too, he is going to be ready for WC.
Very interested to see how Katie Courtney does in the elites. It has been a loooong time since a US citizen won an elite XC race. I thought Georgia Gould would but it never happened.
Hoping Grotts races World Cups next year too.

Re:

papisimo98 said:
I am really impressed by Nino. He had to fight for it yesterday.
Absalon too, he is going to be ready for WC.
Very interested to see if Katie Courtney does in the elites. It has been a loooong time since a US citizen won and elite XC race. I thought Georgia Gould would but it never happened.
Hoping Grotts races World Cups next year too.
Absalon looks like he's finally got things flying after a messy season.
Courtney! Kate is ready.
I keep thinking that Lea Davison is going to get on the box, get things rolling, and be a contender every race. She's solid, and maybe getting there...

It starts today...

EDIT: Gaze comes up big! That should fire Nino up! Marotte with a great race as well.
VDP smoked himself on the first lap (he'll have a front row start next round).
It looks like it could be an exciting year of racing!

Langvad looks good! There are several ladies looking strong so this should be an exciting series too!

Re:

jmdirt said:
It starts today...

EDIT: Gaze comes up big! That should fire Nino up! Marotte with a great race as well.

Langvad looks good! There are several ladies looking strong so this should be an exciting series too!
Looks like Nino's pedal slipped/un-clipped during the final sprint...

Re: Re:

glassmoon said:
jmdirt said:
It starts today...

Looks like Nino's pedal slipped/un-clipped during the final sprint...
It did, but now his motivation is to get rid of Gaze before the sprint.

HMM, coverage is poor on this so far, but Nino won with Temper and VDP also on the box. He's tough but there are guys who can push him at least.
Round one winner Gaze DNF.

Neff won the ladies with Belomoina and Taber on the box with her.

It looks good when the rainbow stripes cross the line with their arms raised!

EDIT: Spoilers Below!

Nove Mesto na Morave

The mens short track was pretty entertaining to watch. The course designers should know better that to put a tight 180 turn off of a fast paved section onto a loose gravel section. The riders stayed smart though. Nino had a crash on the paved section when he tangled with another rider.
Gaze
VDP
Nino

The XCO was pretty good too. VDP hit a tree/DNF. Gaze flat/crash/DNF. Lots of guys with issues from this demanding course. Nino and Cooper had a close sprint with Nino just nipping him.
Nino
Cooper
Marotte

https://www.redbull.tv/video/AP-1VM12JDU51W11/mens-xco-finals-en-nove-mesto

The ladies XCO also had a sprint finish but I'm waiting to see some coverage...EDIT: Langvad out sprinted Neff.
Langvad
Neff
PFP
N. Americans top 10-
Batty 4th
Courney 9th

It was the same ladies in the short track.
Langvad
PFP
Neff
Dahle (still going fast!)
N. Americans top 10-
Woodruff 5th

XC:
https://www.redbull.tv/video/AP-1VPAJ7SXH1W11/mens-xco-finals-en-val-di-sole
Nino
Kerschbaumber
VDB

I haven't watched the women or DH yet...

EDIT:
Crazy start for the ladies!
Maja W
Batty
Neff (new WC leader)
PFP
Dahle
Kate Courtney learning this WC game in 7th
Also of note: one of the best ladies from the road Anna Van Der Breggen was 30th at 8:20

I don't think that there are any DH fans on here so I'll save the recap, and just say WOW!

Check out how the chain is 'routed' on the race winners Commencal:
https://www.commencalusa.com/supreme-dh-v43-team-2019-c2x26304905

TRENDING THREADS