• We're giving away a Cyclingnews water bottle! Find out more here!

UCI MTB World Cup (All forms!)

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Tot the surprise of absolutely no-one MvdP wins the short-track race in Albstadt.
Schurter looks in good form to win the big one though.
Agree. N1NO is still the man to beat in XCO race. You can only close the "descent gaps" so many times until you're not able to do that again ;)
The course in Albstadt isn't very technical though so... I'm pumped for the great battle.
Also ladies race will be fun to watch - Jolanda and Kate seem to be in great shape with Annika (the 5 time Cape Epic winner) lurking from behind. The relatively tech easier course should suit her too.
 
Great racing in slop conditions! Congrats to Kate and Mathias! It seems that names that start with Math are fast! :)

I hated those kind of races because your chamois is wet the entire race and nothing works great on your bike.

I dislike man made 'features' in mountain bike racing. I'm OK with a fly over in the expo area, but boardwalks instead of trails is stupid IMO.
 
Re:

King Boonen said:
Northshore has its place, but I agree that this isn't in World Cup races. Heard Nino was struggling, wonder if his was ill?
Yeah he was, IMHO he just overblown the first 2 laps (as he saw MVP far back after the start) and never really recovered fully...
MVP paced himself nicely and Mathias had a very good day obviously. Henrique had a mechanical and Kerch will be good in altitude later for sure. Also too bad for Cink after his (rather promising) return from the road racing (with Bahrain) - rear wheel puncture.
Too bad MVP is planning to skip at least 2 WC races so he probably won't be competing for the overall win, but yeah... his schedule is pretty insane during the whole year around so it's understandable.
Oh and Lars... well he was just all over the place (literally) :eek:

Great race for Kate and her 1st win in Elite (WCH excluded obv.), Jolanda is strong as usual and great to see Yana back after the last season's issues.
Bummer for Annika (she felt pretty bad whole week) as she was in great shape during Cape Epic and spring classics on the road...
 
Re:

King Boonen said:
Northshore has its place, but I agree that this isn't in World Cup races. Heard Nino was struggling, wonder if his was ill?
N1no has had a tough May so maybe something is up. Maybe he overtrained in an attempt to be as good as MVDP? Did he get sick after the Cape? Maybe he's as good as always but the level of others is up? He's not too far off though so he should be OK.

That being said, I'd love to be that good when I'm off! :lol:

Homer hat on: obviously Kate is great for USA racing, but Chloe Woodruff was sixth (less thatn 3 min back). Two strong USA ladies!
 
WOOHOO! Woodruff!

EDIT: No surprise that MVDP broke everyone. I wonder though, how much they will mark him knowing that he will miss a few rounds and therefore won't be a factor in the overall? The big joke would be if he changes his plan and does the full series (oops, maybe we should have at least tried!).
 
Feb 20, 2019
115
2
335
Well, he went ahead and did it didn't he? I mean, it was always coming, being the absolute champion he is, beating Schurter in a direct duel too, even sweeter. Mathieu is a living legend already. Looking good for his Olympic gold dream. Who would dare bet against him?
 
The WC series is completely trashed and meaningless with MVP missing. Every victory by the others will now come with an asterisk. I'm not saying MVP shouldn't take a break (ofc he should) but rather that he has his priorities wrong. He should focus on road and mtb and ditch 'cross, or at least ride a heavily reduced 'cross programme, so that he can rest during winter. Must be maddening for Canyon as I'm sure they'd much rather have the marketing exposure that comes from mtb success.
 
Re:

The Chicken said:
The WC series is completely trashed and meaningless with MVP missing. Every victory by the others will now come with an asterisk. I'm not saying MVP shouldn't take a break (ofc he should) but rather that he has his priorities wrong. He should focus on road and mtb and ditch 'cross, or at least ride a heavily reduced 'cross programme, so that he can rest during winter. Must be maddening for Canyon as I'm sure they'd much rather have the marketing exposure that comes from mtb success.
MVP agrees with me. :cool:

https://www.indeleiderstrui.nl/nieuws/algemeen-nieuws/231870/van-der-poel-zet-veldrijden-op-lager-pitje-eigenlijk-niets-meer-te-winnen
 
Kerschbaumer will probably ride himself into shape durning the season, the guy is rather unique.
He doesn't touch his bike durning the winter, he goes ski mountaineering and hunting up in the mountains. Add the fact that he's really old school when it comes to his training and riding, he won't even use a heart rate monitor and that he doesn't even own a TV and you get the picture, he's a rather unique character.
He's also not a big talker and seems to perform at his best at altitude.
 
Re:

Mayomaniac said:
Kerschbaumer will probably ride himself into shape durning the season, the guy is rather unique.
He doesn't touch his bike durning the winter, he goes ski mountaineering and hunting up in the mountains. Add the fact that he's really old school when it comes to his training and riding, he won't even use a heart rate monitor and that he doesn't even own a TV and you get the picture, he's a rather unique character.
He's also not a big talker and seems to perform at his best at altitude.
He is an odd one ... unique!

He seems to be starting off compared to his normal level though.
 
Mar 16, 2014
117
3
3,835
Re: Re:

Black Betsy said:
jmdirt said:
glassmoon said:
Was a great DH race. Nice to see Rachel win on their (Atherton's) own-branded bike.
Insane nose dive from Amaury on the finish line - scary stuff :)
Yes, very cool to win on your own brand!

Yeah, but can you find the speed of these French dudes?

Ha, I wished I could bet this, now I'd have my new cockpit for my road bicycle!
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS