• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UCI MTB World Cup (All forms!)

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oh no, that sounds rubbish. most of the last few years it's been on Red Bull TV, and here in the UK On the BBC website/Red button, with two different commentary options.
One hopes something is sorted; MTB on anything other than RBTV is just wrong; the Olympics showed that.

Just saw that UK will have a separate link (with only english commentary) to watch on RedBull TV

Albania, Slovakia, Sweden and UK will have this link, and Italy and France will have a dedicated one too with only their main language available.

From the usual one, the only european countries with permission to watch are Czech Republic, Germany and Norway. Switzerland will be able to watch but with a delay of 1 hour.

His dad would prefer him to rest completely, and miss the rest of the road season, then come back for a winter of CX. There's no way his team would want that; they want him at Roubaix.... However, next week will tell us how his condition is. It's disappointing he'll miss another MTB Worlds.....

Reactions: jmdirt
I hope they'll listen to reason at the end... if he has such pain that he can't ride full suspension bike in the XCO Worlds and his father want him to end the RR season I wouldn't go nowhere near the P-R if I was him. That thing is a whole body killer for sure.

Last edited:
That's such a shame... So far this WCH only makes me sad - MVP out, Tom ridding Vuelta completely invisible, Loana out with illness... Hope the racing will be close and dramatic still. Guess U23 W title is Mona's to lose now.

PS: Team Relay results: https://www.valdisolebikeland.com/_files/f_media/2021/08/3145.pdf
(USA took silver - that's a nice surprise)

Bevins fast lap in the relay was a hint of tings to come...CONGRATS WORLD CHAMP!
yeah... but i remember him being pretty solid in xcc and with MVP, Nino, Flucki absent his win was not that surprising imho. it was a close race after all. also i'm so happy for Sina - great win for her.
I'm curious to see how much the energy saving tactics/decision from Nino and Thomas F. will pay off for them.

yeah... i was also a bit mad that redbull is being geo restricted (for the WCH) and czech eurosport commentary was pretty bad - no knowledge about the riders or the mtb racing at all. didn't bother me for the xcc but xco will be pain to watch.

Last edited:
yeah... i was also a bit mad that redbull is being geo restricted (for the WCH) and czech eurosport commentary was pretty bad - no knowledge about the riders or the mtb racing at all. didn't bother me for the xcc but xco will be pain to watch.

Are you in Czech Republic?

From what it's on their website the race is not geoblocked on Czech Republic. I even used the Czech server on the VPN I used yesterday to watch the RedBull feed.

Reactions: glassmoon
No; they don't tend to broadcast them live - though they did in 2018, in Lenzerheide. I did see a clip of the start on Instagram; and noticed Laura Stigger, and Ronja EIbl are racing the U23, after racing the Elites in World Cups & Olympics.
Strangely, in 2019, Eibl was probably the best U23 rider - and she was racing against Stigger, Richards & Lecomte; not sure what has happened to her.

Last edited:
After her great showing at the Olympics Vas seemed almost destined to take a medal here, especially with Lecomte out of the race. But I don't know how much she had targeted the race, since she's also meant to make her SD Worx debut in the Vuelta next week.

Mitterwallner continues her winning streak at this level. I feel sorry for her that she was left out of the Olympics, though it also made sense to pick Stigger, since she was the one who had actually secured the Austrian spot in the first place.

From a purely Danish stand point, it's also great to see Bohé really displaying her talent once again. It looks like Langvad might not be missed for too long, if she continues to develop.

TRENDING THREADS