• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UCI MTB World Cup (All forms!)

Page 25 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I wondered why he was wearing his U23 Rainbow jersey in an Elite race.

However, it was an impressive performance - though one wonders how hard some riders go in 'prep' races. First XCC is on Friday, when the rest of the top guys will be there. Minus the road riders MvdP, Pidcock, Koreztky & Vader.

Neff looks in good form, and she'll need to be, as I think Lecomte & Mitterwallner look in another league; will the course be drier by then?

Reactions: jmdirt
As usual Lecomte, just rode away from them all to claim another win......oh wait, there, she maybe went too hard and couldn't keep that pace up.
A well deserved first XCO World Cup win for McConnell, and good 2nd for Terpstra, and Lecomte in an unusual 3rd place. Great battle for 4th between the two young Austrians.

Mitterwallner made a poor start - which is possibly her only weakness; I recall somebody mentioning she would make poor starts in u23, but could get away with it. But not in the Elites....
Was impressed by Bohe, who usually came 2nd behind Mona in the U23 races - and is the current Danish CX champion.

Awful camera work all weekend. A couple of notches below the usual Red Bull quality. Sometimes it looked like a potato was being used to record, poor positioning and some awful transitions from shade to sunlight.

As they didn't even bother to send comms to Brazil (Rob and Bart commented from Salzburg) it seems they are doing minimal service required in this last year - probably outsourced production to some local crew.

Awful camera work all weekend. A couple of notches below the usual Red Bull quality. Sometimes it looked like a potato was being used to record, poor positioning and some awful transitions from shade to sunlight.

As they didn't even bother to send comms to Brazil (Rob and Bart commented from Salzburg) it seems they are doing minimal service required in this last year - probably outsourced production to some local crew.
It was below par compared to the norm

I wonder what the reasoning was; when I saw Rob on instagram riding his bike last week in the UK I wondered why he wasn't already in Brazil. And when I saw Salzburg it clicked; they did the 2019 Worlds from Mont St Anne from the RB studio in Salzburg.
I'm going to guess RB had little choice with camera positions; it reminded me of the Worlds in 2017 in Cairns, when they missed Nino's winning attack.

Yep. I have to agree... not sure if the live footage is always provided by local groups in each race (I believe at least in Czech Rep. it is and it's always superb). If it was local I'd say it suffered from being the 1st such event for them. Not only picture quality was bad but also the camera placement was weird at many spots.
But the racing itself was great.

Last edited:
Yep. I have to agree... not sure if the live footage is always provided by local groups in each race (I believe at least in Czech it is and it's always superb). If it was local I'd say it suffered of being the 1st such event for them. Not only picture quality was bad but also the cameras placement was weird at many spots.
But the racing itself was great.

I was looking for that info as they usually have credits at the end of the broadcast with the people involved in it, but for Petrópolis there was none in either of the 3 races.

In the last XCO World Cup of 2021 (Snowshoe) it was stated that it was a Red Bull Media House production and a lot of personnel had a german/austrian sounding name.

Lots of racing over the weekend, with some interesting results. The focus now moves onto the next two weekends, and the World Cups in Albstadt & Nove Mesto.

Looks like Koreztky is back from riding on the road, and he did win in Albstadt last year.

There was an interesting post from Tom Pidcock yesterday on instagram, showing his MTB, and a "MTB soon" caption - maybe he'll be back sooner than we thought.

TRENDING THREADS