• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UCI MTB World Cup (All forms!)

Page 29 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Read some rumours about Nino hitting/slapping Flueckiger after the finish... Not the way a champion should behave but imo totally understandable given what was at stake: beating Absalon's record at home.

Don't know why but something about Flueckiger seems off to me (as someone who only watches this guys in a stream)... doesn't seem as the most liked guy and seems always very aggresive on the bike. Nino has had his couple of controversies (remember mostly some with Flueckiger in the past or with Avancini - another one who seems to me as having a douche personality), but I have the feeling he generates respect amongst the generality of his competitors.

Otoh, in the ladies you can sense genuine friendship and support around some of the top girls. In some it seems fake, it's true, but there are a couple of cases where it's seems very genuine.

Reactions: jmdirt
Great race! I've seen it on replay (try to get used in life after red bull tv :mad:). What happened in the end? For a moment I thought it was Eurosport with one of its nonsensical ads missing completely the action....

I'm buying a Commencal, those things (BEEEBIN) fly!

Going today to pay an advance for my 2nd Kona Unit( I have to wait though till October, because it's for the 2023 model) and I deliberately won't bring more cash with me because they share the same dealer as kona and there's a luscious meta ht frame on the wall, also my size ( I would give it a try, if it was easy to turn it into a ss)...

• Love
Read some rumours about Nino hitting/slapping Flueckiger after the finish... Not the way a champion should behave but imo totally understandable given what was at stake: beating Absalon's record at home.

Don't know why but something about Flueckiger seems off to me (as someone who only watches this guys in a stream)... doesn't seem as the most liked guy and seems always very aggresive on the bike. Nino has had his couple of controversies (remember mostly some with Flueckiger in the past or with Avancini - another one who seems to me as having a douche personality), but I have the feeling he generates respect amongst the generality of his competitors.

Otoh, in the ladies you can sense genuine friendship and support around some of the top girls. In some it seems fake, it's true, but there are a couple of cases where it's seems very genuine.
Nino stopped shortly in the finish area and shouted something to MF (who was lying on the ground) and then he just went to the back and cried a bit... no physical insult after the race.

Last edited:
Great race! I've seen it on replay (try to get used in life after red bull tv :mad:). What happened in the end? For a moment I thought it was Eurosport with one of its nonsensical ads missing completely the action....

As Rob kept saying during both races, the coverage was from Swiss TV, so out of Red Bull's control. However, again Rob & Bart were in a studio in Salzburg rather than at the venue......

As Rob kept saying during both races, the coverage was from Swiss TV, so out of Red Bull's control. However, again Rob & Bart were in a studio in Salzburg rather than at the venue......

It's weird because they were there before the races (as in the downhill broadcast Eliot mentioned doing track walk with some of the guys).

It's not that far from Lenzerheide to Salzburg but since they were there it would have made sense to have a comm booth somewhere there I think, even if Red Bull were not the producers.

yep, for that shouting he gave Mathias...
Indeed! Called him "not normal" (I believe the translation equates roughly to crazy or stupid but could be incorrect), and that he "shot [him] down" (knocked him off his bike).

Of course it's near impossible to determine from two individual's accounts right after the incident, but it sounds like Matthias tried for an inside line where there wasn't enough space and crashed into Nino

TRENDING THREADS