• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UCI MTB World Cup (All forms!)

Page 38 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Specialized said at their training camp that any transfer news will be announced on Dec 25th; would love to know why MTB teams leave it so late, when 1st August is the time road teams can announce new signings.
I think the rumours are Vidaurre, and somebody else; only issue is Frei was rumoured to be leaving - but has been on the team camp in the USA; you wouldn't normally do that if you were leaving.

Who knows what is happening? Avancini has announced he's leaving, but not where he's going to. Then there is the Kross team folding. As I already said, I really don't understand why it takes this long to announce signings. Probably another example of MTB being behind the road world commercially.

Reactions: jmdirt
I recall her riding with them for the Arctic Tour; then there were the rumours about her possibly leaving; however, would you really go to a team camp if you were leaving? I presume there is some type of agreement between Specialized & SD Worx, as Blanka Vas was with the Specialized team when she did MTB World Cups. And previously, Annika Langvad did some Spring Classics in 2019 for them. And Anna van der Breggen rode the Cape Epic with her.

I recall her riding with them for the Arctic Tour; then there were the rumours about her possibly leaving; however, would you really go to a team camp if you were leaving? I presume there is some type of agreement between Specialized & SD Worx, as Blanka Vas was with the Specialized team when she did MTB World Cups. And previously, Annika Langvad did some Spring Classics in 2019 for them. And Anna van der Breggen rode the Cape Epic with her.
yep... I assume it will be basically the same for Sina...

Rumours seen on another website/ forum linking Greta Seiwald to Specialized; I must admit I'm not sure what that is all about; her results don't scream 'must sign'.

And confirmed; Koreztky to Bora....looks like a good move for him.

Trinity have made some more signings, including a few MTB-ers, including promising French rider Paul Magnier; who has some decent results on MTB & Road.

And as I've said before, the english language MTB media are always slow with news....still nothing on Pinkbike about Koreztky, or Bart's new sponsors.

Fortunately, ESMTB & Brujulabike exist; and are probably the best for news.

I'm not convinced some of those changes were really needed; it's as though the new promoters are trying to put their own mark on the sport. A few tweaks would have sufficed. Live coverage of U23 XCC/XCO, DHI Qualifying, and maybe the final stage of the EWS round.......
Which is now renamed EDR, why? And the new points system - what's that all about?

TRENDING THREADS