• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UCI MTB World Cup (All forms!)

Page 74 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
And Trek keep on winning, and getting other podiums from 3 different teams.......Philipsen, Holmgren, Amos, Munro, Riley & Johnston........
I'm not quite sure how the selection works, but Holgmren and Johnston are now the two eligilble riders for the single Canadian XCO Olympic spot. If there is any discretion involved and not simply a matter of points, you have to think they give it to Holmgren, who was miles ahead today.

Limits are being pushed on downhill racing. It's all fun and rad until someday it goes terribly wrong (hopefully never).

After Goldstone was injured in Tasmania, I do think some teams will be reluctant to let riders go to Hardline if we see more high profile crashes......

There may be a time when we see more Hardline races with teams/riders fully focussed on that - and World Cup focussed teams/ riders.......similar to Enduro GP/ Hard Enduro in motorcycle racing.

Reactions: jmdirt
Well, the Swiss have already made their choices; Schurter, Flueckiger, Neff & Keller. I think Colombo can think himself hard done to, especially after puncturing yesterday after a good start to the season.
hmm... I like Jolanda but... guess she's still somehow 2nd best SUI in UCI ranking but she also did mention Nove Mesto will be decider (at least partial) and she was pretty bad there (46th and lapped, 7th best SUI)

Last edited:
Well, the Swiss have already made their choices; Schurter, Flueckiger, Neff & Keller. I think Colombo can think himself hard done to, especially after puncturing yesterday after a good start to the season.
No room for the younger generation here, Keller the baby at 28.
They have been really hit by the new two riders max criteria, no all three medals this time.
As you say hard on Colombo , also Guerrini third yesterday and Indergand would make most other countries teams.

I think road race is also reduced to 90 this year with maximum possible of four per nation.
I know it's about a global event with world wide qualification, personally I would just prefer the best to race. Although you could finish up with only East Africans in distance running races.

Three Covid infections, plus hay fever meaning she struggles to breathe........Not good. I do wonder just how much damage Covid has done to some athletes. I can imagine in the years to come there will be studies/ reports on its effects in athletes.

Three Covid infections, plus hay fever meaning she struggles to breathe........Not good. I do wonder just how much damage Covid has done to some athletes. I can imagine in the years to come there will be studies/ reports on its effects in athletes.
Disclaimer: I know literally ZERO about JN's medical.

I wonder if she has a 'compromised' immune system (genetically or other). The lifestyle of a pro racer means quite a bit of travel, and exposure (to germs and pollen).

Then again, most people get the flu nearly every year so maybe covid is the same for some?

I hope that she gets it figured out!