• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Ulle returns as management?

I read this earlier when I saw RR had posted the link on twitter...
thanks for doing it here.
I am an Ulle fan so am happy to see him consider this a natural progression. It sounds as if he is coming around back to his old self.

It will be interesting to see where he may end up, and if he comes out with an 'anti-doping' team. He seems to really enjoy bringing the German youth to cycling, so hope he can be a positive figure in cycling.

I, for one ,miss him in the peloton.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
It would be good for German cycling, hopefully bring them back in. He sure increased its popularity during his hey day so if he can do it again as a manager, why not.

I want to see a team of big ring climbers mashing it up the climbs :D might also be riding Ulrich team bikes ;)

May 6, 2009
Visit site
I honestly thought he wanted to have nothing to do with pro cycling any more, but rather to spend the rest of his life in piece in his home in Switzerland.

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
uberbiker said:
wasnt the UCI bringing in a ban on past offenders being prevented from becomming re-involved in Pro cycling?

UCI dont have a case and I am sure they are not going to look for one. It would be out of limitation of statute anyway

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
uberbiker said:
wasnt the UCI bringing in a ban on past offenders being prevented from becomming re-involved in Pro cycling?

I would appreciate this if it would also apply to guys like Riis, Aldag, Galdeano etc. As long as this is not the case, a guy like Ullrich should absolutely return in professional cycling. And as long as certain riders are even allowed to RIDE he - in a better world - would have won the Tours 2006, 2007 and 2008 before doing so ;-)

Just kidding. It is good to hear that he is fine again after his depression. I hope he - no matter how - finds a way to live his life in happiness. And I still hope for his book.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
SiAp1984 said:
I would appreciate this if it would also apply to guys like Riis, Aldag, Galdeano etc. As long as this is not the case, a guy like Ullrich should absolutely return in professional cycling. And as long as certain riders are even allowed to RIDE he - in a better world - would have won the Tours 2006, 2007 and 2008 before doing so ;-)

Just kidding. It is good to hear that he is fine again after his depression. I hope he - no matter how - finds a way to live his life in happiness. And I still hope for his book.

And it is translated into English as well.

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Maybe he would be able to recreate a german world-tour team, some big sponsor might be attracted by his name as team manager; i was just thinking that if Htc team can't find a new sponsor, maybe Ulle can arrive with a big german one, and the team will return to be German, with Jan as team-manager.

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
He has the potential to bring something special to the party - a unique understanding of the dark side of sport. The question is whether he can turn that into something positive or something cynical and untrustworthy.

TRENDING THREADS