• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Uno-X Pro Cycling Team

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Uno-X has, deservedly so, just been invited to the Tour of Flandres. I’m quite excited to see what the team can bring to these kind of races, especially since team manager Jens Haugland expects Tobias Johannessen to participate. The team will also ride Paris-Roubaix and LBL, btw. Fully deserved after their great start to the season.
It would be very surprising not to see them in the early break of the day in all the monuments and the bonus is they are easy to pick out in the peloton with their bright kit.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Uno-X has, deservedly so, just been invited to the Tour of Flandres. I’m quite excited to see what the team can bring to these kind of races, especially since team manager Jens Haugland expects Tobias Johannessen to participate. The team will also ride Paris-Roubaix and LBL, btw. Fully deserved after their great start to the season.
A pity Hoelgaard left the team. He showed last year he could play a role in these classics. Trek could be really strong this year.

FOSc3u8WYAAS6Dh

Strong team for Catalunya. Missing an in-form Anders Halland Johannesen, otherwise the best climbing guys they have.

One of the big goals for the team today and completely out of it.

Skaarseth best Uno-X rider in 28th place. A decent result for him, but not good enough for the team. Tiller and Halland Johannesen were both involved in crashes, but none of the crashes looked very serious, so I have no idea why Tiller didn’t perform better.
THJ has been sick the last week and have very little experience in these kind of races, so that’s more understandable.

They really need to step it at Roubaix. I think in theory that’s a race that should fit the team better. Tiller, Resell, Skaarseth, Blume Levy and Wærenskjold should be even better without hills.
But they have some serious work to do with doing positioning better into key parts of the race. Today they were never in position into the climbs.

Skaarseth best Uno-X rider in 28th place. A decent result for him, but not good enough for the team. Tiller and Halland Johannesen were both involved in crashes, but none of the crashes looked very serious, so I have no idea why Tiller didn’t perform better.
THJ has been sick the last week and have very little experience in these kind of races, so that’s more understandable.

They really need to step it at Roubaix. I think in theory that’s a race that should fit the team better. Tiller, Resell, Skaarseth, Blume Levy and Wærenskjold should be even better without hills.
But they have some serious work to do with doing positioning better into key parts of the race. Today they were never in position into the climbs.
I mean, look at how bad things went for EF and Astana, it could have been even worse...

Reactions: Lui98

To be fair Tiller has been surprisingly good in many of these classics the last 1,5 year. But this one might just be a bit too long and hard for him. Other than that I don’t think it is fair to expect too much from Uno-X in these races for now.

Well, I prefer judging them based on previous performances and outspoken ambitions, and not like “they are just a small pro conti team”, so I feel it’s okay to be disappointed with the way they raced (missing the early break after they said it was a goal, very passively in the peloton, never in contention). They can do a lot better than they did today. Hopefully it will be better in Roubaix.

The best they can do for now is to get his twin brother back in shape
Yes, big problems for him. Injuries during the winter and then he got covid after Tour of Norway.
I don't know what's up with Træen either. He was brilliant in Catalunya and good in Tour of the Alps, then he's not raced since. If he was fit and healthy he should've been racing this week.

THJ, AHJ, Træen, Greegard and Eg is a pretty nice climbing team.

Alexander Kristoff is going to sign a 3-year deal with Uno-X according to Norwegian TV2. Not sure what Uno-X is signaling here, if this is a change in philosophy, but I think it is the right move now, although Kristoff might not have to many good years left in him.

Fortunately it was discovered early and removed. Actually he was asked to get a check up after a routine doping test. He probably wouldn't know if it hadn't been for regular blood tests.

There is a rumor that Kristian Blummenfeldt might go from triathlon to cycling and that Uno-X is very interested as well as other teams. Now there are many good triathletes who has gone over to cycling, but Blummenfeldt is one of the best triathletes ever. He has basically won everything there is to win from olympic to world champs and holds the world record both in triathlon and ironman. Blummenfeldt simply is a beast, his training schedule is beyond human and his endurance is off the charts. And he is still only 28 y.o. It could be very interesting to see what he could do in pro cycling.

There is a rumor that Kristian Blummenfeldt might go from triathlon to cycling and that Uno-X is very interested as well as other teams. Now there are many good triathletes who has gone over to cycling, but Blummenfeldt is one of the best triathletes ever. He has basically won everything there is to win from olympic to world champs and holds the world record both in triathlon and ironman. Blummenfeldt simply is a beast, his training schedule is beyond human and his endurance is off the charts. And he is still only 28 y.o. It could be very interesting to see what he could do in pro cycling.
I can’t see this happening before Paris Olympics. He turns 30 in 2024, so still some good years left after that.

Reactions: RedheadDane
It was announced today that Sakarias Koller Løland will turn pro in 2024, so one more year for him at the development team.

Still only 23 riders confirmed for the main team next season, so interesting to see how they will fill the last spots. Mostly renewals I guess, but maybe 1-3 new additions from the outside? I hope for Carl Fredrik Hagen and a guy that can be useful for positioning Kristoff in sprint finished (a guy like Amund Grondahl Jansen would be ideal).

Announced today that Magnus Kulset is promoted from the Developement team and will be a part of the pro team for the next two seasons.

He is a promising climber, finishing in the top 30 at Tour of the Alps and he was 6th at the stage to Fauniera in the babygiro this year. He looks to be more useful than his two older brothers, but not a big talent like his younger brother.
Hopefully he can become a solid domestique for Halland Johannesen in climbing races.

That means 24 riders announced for next year, 6 more spots to fill.

Announced today that Magnus Kulset is promoted from the Developement team and will be a part of the pro team for the next two seasons.

He is a promising climber, finishing in the top 30 at Tour of the Alps and he was 6th at the stage to Fauniera in the babygiro this year. He looks to be more useful than his two older brothers, but not a big talent like his younger brother.
Hopefully he can become a solid domestique for Halland Johannesen in climbing races.

That means 24 riders announced for next year, 6 more spots to fill.

Any news regarding the 10 riders who are out of contract?
And there are also a few of their development riders who don't have a confirmed contract for next season either.

Any news regarding the 10 riders who are out of contract?
And there are also a few of their development riders who don't have a confirmed contract for next season either.
A month ago Jarle Fredagsvik, the main Norwegian Cycling journalist tweeted this:

Silly season:
Lars Saugstad, Uno-X (not renewed)
Kristian Kulset, Uno-X (not renewed)
Torjus Sleen, Uno-X (not renewed)
Morten Hulgaard, Uno-X (not renewed)
Iver Skaarseth, Uno-X (not renewed)
Source: @sykkelmag #Mercato

That could mean that the other 5 will get a contract or that its not been decided yet.
It surprises me that they seem to ditch Sleen and maybe keep a rider like Sindre Kulset instead.

TRENDING THREADS