• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Uno-X Pro Cycling Team

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Could this improve their chances for signing more and better riders? Right now the only new additions for next year are Kristoff and Louis Bendixen? I was expecting at least somewhat more........
They have 25 riders signed for next season now, so should be room for 5 more.

The riders in this year squad that doesn’t have a new contract yet it is announced that Hulgaard and Kristian Kulset will retire. Earlier this autumn it was said that Saugstad, Sleen and Iver Skaarseth will not be renewed.
That leaves Blikra, Urianstad, Wærsted and Sindre Kulset in uncertainty.

I struggle to see many potential Danish/Norwegian riders Uno-X can bring in, other than Carl Fredrik Hagen or Andreas Stokbro. So perhaps Hagen, Stokbrand then a 1 year contract for some of 4 that i mentioned above to fill up the numbers. Also possible to see one more guy from the Developement team being promoted, for example Bevort which was 6th at U23 WC ITT.

Would be slightly disappointing if the only new signings are Kristoff, Hagen, Bendixen and perhaps Stokbro + some kids from the Developement team. Even if I am really excited about Stian Fredheim.

But to be fair, next to signing Kristoff, I think the most important thing is to not let Tobias Halland Johannesen, Søren Wærenskjold ordene other of the young guys go to a WT-team.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I struggle to see many potential Danish/Norwegian riders Uno-X can bring in, other than Carl Fredrik Hagen or Andreas Stokbro. So perhaps Hagen, Stokbrand then a 1 year contract for some of 4 that i mentioned above to fill up the numbers. Also possible to see one more guy from the Developement team being promoted, for example Bevort which was 6th at U23 WC ITT.

Would be slightly disappointing if the only new signings are Kristoff, Hagen, Bendixen and perhaps Stokbro + some kids from the Developement team. Even if I am really excited about Stian Fredheim.

But to be fair, next to signing Kristoff, I think the most important thing is to not let Tobias Halland Johannesen, Søren Wærenskjold ordene other of the young guys go to a WT-team.
Kristoff, Hagen and Stokbro as their main signings for next year would be okay, but not more than that. Anyway I think that next year could be a make or break if they are to succeed with their current line-up, that is with THJ and Wærenskjold as their main future prospects.

Wærenskjold seem to have a contract until the end of next season and THJ the year after that. I think that the team have to achieve good results next seasons, and bigger and more long term signings before the 2024 season than this year. Kristoff and Hagen aren't really long term prospects, and Wærenskjold and THJ needs to be supported and supplemented by better riders.

If they are to continue the current Norwegian/Danish strategy, I'm talking about some of the best names that are out of contract after next season. Like Cort, Honoré, Foss, Leknessund and Hoelgaard.

Them dodgy knees, is it something that runs in the family? They've been into road cycling for two years and are already experiencing issues, that's a bit worrisome. Signs of a red flag, even. If my translator is correct, I understand this has been a problem for Tobias for a very long time and this was the second surgery he had performed on his knee, that's bad.

Them dodgy knees, is it something that runs in the family? They've been into road cycling for two years and are already experiencing issues, that's a bit worrisome. Signs of a red flag, even. If my translator is correct, I understand this has been a problem for Tobias for a very long time and this was the second surgery he had performed on his knee, that's bad.
Is these kind of injuries normally just related to road cycling and not MTB?

A month ago Jarle Fredagsvik, the main Norwegian Cycling journalist tweeted this:

Silly season:
Lars Saugstad, Uno-X (not renewed)
Kristian Kulset, Uno-X (not renewed)
Torjus Sleen, Uno-X (not renewed)
Morten Hulgaard, Uno-X (not renewed)
Iver Skaarseth, Uno-X (not renewed)
Source: @sykkelmag #Mercato

That could mean that the other 5 will get a contract or that its not been decided yet.
It surprises me that they seem to ditch Sleen and maybe keep a rider like Sindre Kulset instead.
Today Sykkelmagasinet confirms that Erlend Blikra will not get a new contract.

That leaves Sindre Kulset, Syver Wærsted and Martin Urianstad in limbo. If all 3 of them get a new contract it takes the number up to 28, which leaves 2 open spots.

Not sure this is UCI approved...

311338927_549241213869619_353416734155939069_n.jpg

And no clue why it includes the weird background.

• Haha
Reactions: StryderHells
Seems like the squad for next season is set, not any rumors about further signings.
They are at 28 riders, after Blikra, Urianstad and Sindre Kulset have renewed.

Overview of the new riders:
Kristoff (Wanty)
Bendixen (Coop)
Sander Hansen (Dare)
Magnus Kulset (Dare)
Fredheim (Dare)

Out:
Sleen (retired)
Hulgaard (retired)
Wærsted (retired)
Saugstad (retired)
K.Kulset (retired)
I.Skaarseth (retired)

In general, a good sign that all the riders leaving are retiring and not riders that are going to bigger teams. With the young squad and the addition of Kristoff the 2023 team should be significantly stronger than the 2022 teams, in all departments.

There is still space for two more riders, and maybe they will be filled up late. I think they did mess up not signing Stokbro, that instead went to Leopard-Riwal.

The classic team around Kristoff looks very good, but I’m not sure if there is riders who can really offer him good help in WT mass sprints. In my opinion they lack a proper lead out guy around Kristoff (and the other sprinters) and another solid climber domestique around Tobias Halland Johannesen to really maximize the potential in the team.

I think Fredheim will not be used in the big classics, so he should get his chance to shine inbetween in the smaller one day races in Belgium/France.
I think Kristoff will probably do a similar program to this season in the classics and that means Omloop, KBK, Milano-Torino, San Remo, Wevelgem, Dwaars, Ronde, Scheldepreijs and Roubaix. I think in these races it should more or less be all in Kristoff (with Tiller as an option to go with the earlier attacks). Should be plenty of chances for the other Uno-X riders in the other one day races outside these.

I expect him to be used quite a bit as a leadout man as well, he did really well in this role for Erlend Blikra at Tour de Langkawi.

• Wow
Lantern Rouge Cycling Podcast has a nice interview with Uno-X boss Jens Haugland. Very well interview executed by Benji Naesen (he’s the strong half of this podcast in my eyes).

The most important things:
  • Uno-X are aiming for the points needed in this three year cycle and the race calendar will be formed as much as possible after this goal.
  • He is quite confident about Tour de France spot. Thinks a Giro spot is out of reach as they would compete with several Italian teams and teams with Italian connections.
  • they want to stick to the policy about only Norwegian and Danish riders for their men team. Mention that Foss, Leknessund, Hvideberg, Bystrøm and Hoelgaard will be out of contract after 2023 and that they are obvious targets.
  • Huge respect for Jumbo-Visma, no problem to understand why young riders like Nordhagen, Hagenes and Staune Mittet goes there.
  • He thinks UCI should be a bit stricter with deadlines etc to make sure stuff like B&B collapse doesn’t happen again.
  • He says Fredheim need to work a bit with his calmness in chaotic sprints. Boarderline too dangerous in a few sprints in Langkawi.

Lantern Rouge Cycling Podcast has a nice interview with Uno-X boss Jens Haugland. Very well interview executed by Benji Naesen (he’s the strong half of this podcast in my eyes).

The most important things:
  • Uno-X are aiming for the points needed in this three year cycle and the race calendar will be formed as much as possible after this goal.
  • He is quite confident about Tour de France spot. Thinks a Giro spot is out of reach as they would compete with several Italian teams and teams with Italian connections.
  • they want to stick to the policy about only Norwegian and Danish riders for their men team. Mention that Foss, Leknessund, Hvideberg, Bystrøm and Hoelgaard will be out of contract after 2023 and that they are obvious targets.
  • Huge respect for Jumbo-Visma, no problem to understand why young riders like Nordhagen, Hagenes and Staune Mittet goes there.
  • He thinks UCI should be a bit stricter with deadlines etc to make sure stuff like B&B collapse doesn’t happen again.
  • He says Fredheim need to work a bit with his calmness in chaotic sprints. Boarderline too dangerous in a few sprints in Langkawi.
If they are to qualify within the next three year cycle, they certainly need more additions to the team. Only Kristoff doesn't cut it. I wonder if it was a money issue, or they just didn't get the riders they wanted? Because there were several really good Danish riders available last fall.

And regarding that; Tobias Foss says in an interview that he is tempted by riding for Uno X.

TRENDING THREADS