• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Upgrade MTB bike somewhere around 1300 euros HELP

Jan 21, 2022
Visit site
Hello guys, im begginer in mountain riding. Now ive been riding bicycle like 2 years somewhere whit pauses, last year i upgraded to Scott Aspect 960 L, now this year i want to upgrade something stronger, cause i feel not comfotable with this one driving in woods etc. Myself im more aggresive driver.
Help me to choose something between, also would be nice to get full suspension, but i don't know if it is good idea to buy for money like this.
If that helps my height is 1.81 cm 80kg
Also i was looking this bike, thats why i figuared out to i need to write for help :grinning:

I know several people who have purchased Ghost bike at REI and been happy with them, but I can't help much more than that because I've never ridden one. Try surfing youtube for video reviews of bikes that interest you. Hopefully they say things that give you clues to how you might like or not like a bike. Happy Trails!

It's a respectable brand and you can't do much with the budget you are around (and with the ongoing supply shortage) - you can always upgrade parts after the original ones are no longer usable. Frame wise it should be OK as it is a respectable brand with enough experience...

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2022
Visit site
Hello guys, im begginer in mountain riding. Now ive been riding bicycle like 2 years somewhere whit pauses, last year i upgraded to Scott Aspect 960 L, now this year i want to upgrade something stronger, cause i feel not comfotable with this one driving in woods etc. Myself im more aggresive driver.
Help me to choose something between, also would be nice to get full suspension, but i don't know if it is good idea to buy for money like this.
If that helps my height is 1.81 cm 80kg
Also i was looking this bike, thats why i figuared out to i need to write for help :grinning:
How much of what you feel is bike vs ineffective handling - is an open question.
3x8 - yes, requires a bit more understanding and work from rider. But a couple of points. IN a singletraclk situation, 3x really becomes 2x, because the large ring is rarely appropos or needed in singletrack, the middle and granny ring do 99% of the work. SO it's 2x for singletrack. And, yes, with 2x you decide which ring gives the gear rangge you will use.
Picking wisely is helped by experience and skill. 1x is simple, and quite nice, no ring decisions, you have what is there, on the cassette.

Dec 26, 2022
Visit site
Hi!
Im begginer in mountain riding. Now ive been riding bicycle like 2 years somewhere whit pauses, last year i upgraded to Scott Aspect 983 L, now this year i want to upgrade something stronger, cause i feel not comfotable with this one driving in woods etc. Myself im more aggresive driver.
If that helps my height is 1.80 cm 82kg
You just spinned the above message? Are you facing the same problem? If yes, then is your problem solved?

Feb 15, 2023
Visit site
I love these machine for road cycling. Even you can ride them on road and let know the people you have a monster cycle. They also love it and express their feelings of purchasing. This cycle is very easy to handle. I hope you gonna love it:)

Mate, look no further, if you can find an older affordable model, my mullet SSandi Cruz...

300313374-517668266700382-7637259569339252005-n-2.jpg

Two of the most laughable quotes I've listen to through the years:

1. "should get a full suspension to complement my single speed hardtail"
  2. "should get a road bike to get more fit"

Jun 27, 2023
Visit site
From someone who owned their car, but made payments on their bike, not at all. Around 2000, I built my rig around an Airborne Black Widow frame with select parts and it came out around $3000. I probably came out ahead on repairs since I was participating in mountain bike races and riding to work.

Fast forward to 2019, I need a bike for occasional mountain bike rides, but more often for a trip to thee grocery, thus, $1300 might be about my current budget for a new rig.

You need to assess what you’re plans are, but if you go too cheap then you’ll spend money on repairs and not be riding anyhow.
Remini

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2023
Visit site
I love these machine for road cycling. Even you can ride them on road and let know the people you have a monster cycle. They also love it and express their feelings of purchasing. This cycle is very easy to handle. I hope you gonna love it:)
You can get a POS toy 'mountain bike' at Wal-Targ-***-Big discount department stores for way less than that. Maybe that's a good deal for a kid's toy bike to ride up and down the neighborhood sidewalks.

OR you can easily spend $10,000 on a top of the line, ready for the pro circuit races, carbon everything awesome ride.

It just depends on your skills, aspirations, and budget. A $1300 good brand bike at your Local Bike Shop will get you up and down most intermediate singletrack trails with good control and big fun. It'd be great for riding dirt roads, commuting, or all around fun in the countryside.

Aug 1, 2023
Visit site
I have a friend who has recently had the idea of wanting to try cycling and I'm supporting and encouraging her so I'm thinking of getting her a bike that's suitable for a newbie, maybe someone here will give me a recommendation? She's a girl, 168 tall and weighs about 124. I'm hoping this sport will keep her well her fitness.

Mar 2, 2024
Visit site
Considering a €1300 budget for your MTB upgrade? Focus on essentials like a quality suspension fork, durable tires, and reliable brakes. Explore reputable brands and consult local bike shops for personalized advice. Enhance your riding experience within your budget. Happy trails! Gb Whatsapp Pro

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS