• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

US prosecutors drop case against Armstrong/USPS

Page 122 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
masking_agent said:
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...LT]AP: Federal prosecutors drop investigation

http://www.usada.org/media/statement232012]USADA Statement

Wow ! just read it off twitter..
Yes, it looks likes its done, its over and Novitzky's effort was a waste of time. I guess it becomes an X-File ? :D

Wrong. The fruits of Novitzky's investigation can still be used to bring a case against Lance through USADA. Plus, the leaks from the investigation lead to the 60 Minutes exposé which clearly established that Lance was a major doper throughout his pro career.

The investigation also derailed Lance's political career. The sycophants around him were talking about LA being the next Texas governor or President of the U.S. even though this is a guy who barely graduated high school and cheated his way to the top. When Lance dies, people will be able to file a Freedom of Information Request to get the results of the investigation, which will show just how much evidence there was (people close to the investigation said the evidence was overwhelming). At least his kids will eventually know the truth in their lifetime.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
I see a kid who probably gets dragged around (from place to place) on a private jet and then stands around in the hot sun waiting for her daddy to finish the race so that she can express some love for him. And he ignores her.

Anyhow, she probably has little time to go to school, with Mum and Dad always jet-setting the world so much. That's what private tutors are really for!

"Hello, my name's Simon and I do drawings. My daddy is a famous Tour de France racer. I love it when he takes me to races. Here's the drawing I did last year of him winning the Tour de France..."

1990-11-10-6.jpg

http://www.hulu.com/watch/19309/saturday-night-live-simon

fatandfast said:
So if I get this right,Lance is a neglectful parent. he doesn't support his kids the best way he can. Armstrong was not there for his kids,in lets say a no food on the table,no shoes,no school,no medical care,no nanny,no car seat,no college tuition, super poor future outlook kind of way for his children. That kind of neglect I am guessing. Or does being invited to the White House by presidents from both sides of the isle make your kids neglected? You guys are right,Armstrong is simply up to no good. I hope the foster parents,Bill and Melinda Gates can do a better job and really nurture these poor,poor little souls.

In reality Armstrong is nowhere near even the middle of the parenthood scale,I am sure some single mom that cleared a 100 bucks pole dancing or the dad on the midnight shift trying to keep his apartment for his kids are both wishing they could shower their loved children in the same kind of neglect Lance has punished his kids with,but maybe not.

Oh the Republicans. I hope Armstrong will stop bringing his kids to Vail,DisneyLand,Australia,throughout Europe and especially that god awful Hawaii,the contempt he has for those little people is appalling .I mean what kid wants to spend a bunch of time in Malibu anyway? Yucky

Who'd you want for a dad? Average Joe, a CN reader and mailman with very modest appartment, working mother, and your same sex sibbling's used clothes, or the dad that uses you as a shield from the bloodthirsty press. Basically find every reason on earth to not be with you, even if he has millions aplenty and has retired from the one thing he actually knew how to?

One thing though, his kids will likely get more of an education than he did. Mostly because as a famous parent, the one thing he would not get away with, is NOT send his kids to proper schools. Doping, fraud, bullying, child neglectt, all in good sportsmanship. But VIP kids can't be kept from a (chance of) good education.

Imagine, him actually being your dad. Makes the deal HE got in his youth seem pretty swell in comparison, doesn't it? Sad how a guy with daddy issues gets to father so many kids who'll have much deeper cut daddy issues. Bearing his name will be their biggest obstacle towards a fulfilling, honest life of their own. But, at least it's all about him, so his ego is flattered once more. No such thing as bad promotion.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
It will be fun to see the reaction in a couple more years when it is normal teen behavior to ignore your pop and pretend you do not know him lol...

And Lance calls out to get his kid's attention in public and the kid looks down and pretends they do not hear. "Who is that guy?"

Lol. "Lance's kids are ashamed and scared of sociopath dad." "Spending years and years standing out in the noonday sun" "Look at that OMG Look at that"

And then years later when the kids become young adults and spank the haters in cycling forums spank spank. "oh, spanking is innapropriate...Lance's kids are now spanking people. Its because of their upbringing" "Standing in the sun too long" "No sunsceen"

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
fatandfast said:
should anybody be writing a sentence about what Lance's daughter or any other child should do? I know it's good for the page views if anything about Lance is left up but come on his kids?

I don't know; I mean he did give over $500k to planned parenthood this year after all.

Sep 5, 2009
Visit site
Boeing said:
I don't know; I mean he did give over $500k to planned parenthood this year after all.

By "he" you mean Livestrong, don't you?

Armstrong also falsely claimed personal credit during the SCA deposition hearing for a huge donation of $1.5m in 2005 for research to the hospital that saved his life in 1996 - 9 years prior. Livestrong donors funded that contribution not Armstrong.

The blurred lines between Armstrong and his fiefdom, Livestrong. Obviously Livestrong has a weak Board and no mandatory governance for Armstrong to ride roughshod over collective decision making.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Velodude said:
By "he" you mean Livestrong, don't you?

Armstrong also falsely claimed personal credit during the SCA deposition hearing for a huge donation of $1.5m in 2005 for research to the hospital that saved his life in 1996 - 9 years prior. Livestrong donors funded that contribution not Armstrong.

The blurred lines between Armstrong and his fiefdom, Livestrong. Obviously Livestrong has a weak Board and no mandatory governance for Armstrong to ride roughshod over collective decision making.

Livestrong is like a 2-way kitchen door. It swings towards Lance when he needs to take credit for the emotional appeal of being the donor, and away from him when he needs the tax breaks.

Looks like old age as got to Merckx! Even now he says he was clean! Gah! :eek:

That looks unlikely to change any time soon with the world’s leading rider, Alberto Contador, serving a doping ban and the most globally renowned rider of all time, Lance Armstrong, until recently subject to a federal investigation into doping.

The seven-time Tour winner has always denied any wrongdoing despite allegations of doping and Merckx, for one, believes him.

“I remember the first time he rode after his cancer, I was with him,” recalls Merckx. “It was in Austin and I said to him, ‘Are you sure the doctors said it was okay for you to ride?’, and he just smiled and laughed and said it was.

“I was afraid after his cancer battle because I never thought it would be possible for him to ride again, especially in the beginning. But for that ride he was okay and we know the rest.”

There have been a variety of allegations levelled at Armstrong over the years so how does Merckx, 66, explain those away?

“I don’t think people that have cancer like he did would ever do something so silly,” explains the Belgian. “I think that it would be crazy. Also, when you are at the top, people are jealous of you and that’s a big part of this also.”

There were doping allegations levelled at Merckx in his career, too, but he insists, “I was clean, I know that. Every day there were controls at races.”

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport...tacking-cycling-says-eddy-merckx-7647367.html

His Yellowness must have misunderstood Eddy's English. He heard "are you sure the docs are OK with you doping again". He didn't ask which docs Lance had consulted for that, and in fact he'd visted the most accomplished haematogolist, with extensive experience with endurance athletes.

May 18, 2009
Visit site
I always laugh at the stupid argument "if he had cancer, no way he would take PED's", as if EPO will send you straight to MD Anderson. What about the alcohol LA drinks after Cancer...he must be crazy lol.

Kinda like smokers no longer smoking after getting lung cancer, or drinkers going cold turkey after a DUI. I mean, it must be that way, right? Oooops.

Merckx was a doper caught by the rudimentary tests at the time (no telling what all he was on), is a doping apologist, and is fully entrenched within the omerta of cycling. His legacy becomes a joke with statements like this. Nothing new here.

Sep 5, 2009
Visit site
ChrisE said:
I always laugh at the stupid argument "if he had cancer, no way he would take PED's", as if EPO will send you straight to MD Anderson. What about the alcohol LA drinks after Cancer...he must be crazy lol.

Kinda like smokers no longer smoking after getting lung cancer, or drinkers going cold turkey after a DUI. I mean, it must be that way, right? Oooops.

Merckx was a doper caught by the rudimentary tests at the time (no telling what all he was on), is a doping apologist, and is fully entrenched within the omerta of cycling. His legacy becomes a joke with statements like this. Nothing new here.

Merckx is torn between contrition and his omerta obligations.

He was the person responsible for introducing Armstrong to Dr. Ferrari, alleged to have been instrumental in causing Armstrong's cancer, in answer to Armstrong's cry for help to be top shelf competitive.

Merckx was the bike supplier to Armstrong's then Motorola team (1991-1996).

Velodude said:
Merckx is torn between contrition and his omerta obligations.

He was the person responsible for introducing Armstrong to Dr. Ferrari, alleged to have been instrumental in causing Armstrong's cancer, in answer to Armstrong's cry for help to be top shelf competitive.

Merckx was the bike supplier to Armstrong's then Motorola team (1991-1996).

He also has a large tax debt to sort out..... MFF coming up.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Eddy is either lying or he is stupid. Eddy introduced Armstrong to Ferrari. His son Alex used him. I am going with lying

He better work on the talking points. Next 2 years are going to be a $hit $how. Itsnotover

Race Radio said:
Eddy is either lying or he is stupid. Eddy introduced Armstrong to Ferrari. His son Alex used him. I am going with lying

He better work on the talking points. Next 2 years are going to be a $hit $how. Itsnotover

Keep the dream alive.

Hey, can you link me that failed petition you started. I want to do a Roger Clemens version, case should be dropped, waste of taxpayers money.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
JRTinMA said:
Keep the dream alive.

Hey, can you link me that failed petition you started. I want to do a Roger Clemens version, case should be dropped, waste of taxpayers money.

it's half time.

I can understand why you would want to head home early, the 2nd half will be a blow out.

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
it's half time.

I can understand why you would want to head home early, the 2nd half will be a blow out.

This is a pretty cool timeline. Armstrong races for 20 years,Retires for a couple,has been accused of doping throughout his career as he continued to win. He litigates against people who don't pay him gets paid. He is accused of crimes that are investigated by the highest level of US law enforcement and they determine that there is not enough of anything to make a case ..and that constitutes half time?

What quarter is Eddy in? Is he in the 3rd quarter? When you tailgate do you start your grill a couple of decades before the game? How much beer did you you bring to the Armstrong game if this is halftime? I wonder what point in the game Novitzky thinks it is...?

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
fatandfast said:
He is accused of crimes that are investigated by the highest level of US law enforcement and they determine that there is not enough of anything to make a case

The people who investigate him felt there was enough to charge him, they even drew up the charges.

The UCI and USAC ignoring doping was nothing more then pregame tailgating. Enjoy the 1/2 time show. Lots of lance running in a Speedo and "Done a lot of good"

3rd quarter will be fun. USADA case, Tyler's book......but the 4th quarter is where the real excitement will happen.

Stay tuned, don't touch that dial!

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
fatandfast said:
This is a pretty cool timeline. Armstrong races for 20 years,Retires for a couple,has been accused of doping throughout his career as he continued to win. He litigates against people who don't pay him gets paid. He is accused of crimes that are investigated by the highest level of US law enforcement and they determine that there is not enough of anything to make a case ..and that constitutes half time?

What quarter is Eddy in? Is he in the 3rd quarter? When you tailgate do you start your grill a couple of decades before the game? How much beer did you you bring to the Armstrong game if this is halftime? I wonder what point in the game Novitzky thinks it is...?

Fifty year old politician just got busted for plagiarism in Germany.
The university has now taken away her doctor title, which she had obtained in 1986. Means she will also loose all of her honorary professorships which she had obtained post-1986. I don't think she's smiling right now.
Interestingly, she had already escaped prosecution (if you can call it that) in 1991, when they first tested her PhD thesis for plagiarism (there had already been rumors). The case was only recently reopened and the verdict was unambiguous this time.

even if time goes by...

Race Radio said:
The people who investigate him felt there was enough to charge him, they even drew up the charges.

The UCI and USAC ignoring doping was nothing more then pregame tailgating. Enjoy the 1/2 time show. Lots of lance running in a Speedo and "Done a lot of good"

3rd quarter will be fun. USADA case, Tyler's book......but the 4th quarter is where the real excitement will happen.

Stay tuned, don't touch that dial!

My sources tell me there’s large amounts of sand being delivered to the UCI headquarters as we speak. They will be conducting a drill later this week to ensure everyone can get there head in nice and deep.

Just was well the UCI and the federations conducted a thorough review into the revelations when they first came out... :rolleyes:

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
My sources tell me there’s large amounts of sand being delivered to the UCI headquarters as we speak. They will be conducting a drill later this week to ensure everyone can get there head in nice and deep.

Just was well the UCI and the federations conducted a thorough review into the revelations when they first came out... :rolleyes:

The UCI is irrelevant. Hein and Fat Pat can't stop this. Hein can't hire one of his buddies to write a fake report.

Race Radio said:
The UCI is irrelevant. Hein and Fat Pat can't stop this. Hein can't hire one of his buddies to write a fake report.

I’m teasing. I’m not sure what they can do? Just pretend it’s not happening and make statements about “moving on”… probably doesn’t bode well for Bruyneel being at the Tour.....

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
I’m teasing. I’m not sure what they can do? Just pretend it’s not happening and make statements about “moving on”… probably doesn’t bode well for Bruyneel being at the Tour.....

After hiding out for the last couple years Johan says he is coming to ToC. That should be interesting

Who wants to wager that some "Unforeseen circumstance" comes up that prevents him from coming to California?

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
After hiding out for the last couple years Johan says he is coming to ToC. That should be interesting

Who wants to wager that some "Unforeseen circumstance" comes up that prevents him from coming to California?

I bet Johan will be thrown under a bus.
Right outside the California Prison Lance is spending time in.
You know, because he did not settle. Oh well. At least he made some new friends in prison. Bright side.
Then there will be a party hosted by Floyd, funded by qui tam money.
Complete with hookers and blow. Save your reciepts btw. Business expense.
Then Asheden and Greg will TP Lance's house while the USADA leaves a flaming turd in a bag on Lance's front porch, rings the doorbell, and runs away giggling.

"Dad Dad! There is a flaming turd on the porch and 2 old guys are throwing toilet paper on the trees out front!!"

"Dad Dad!!"
"Dad!!!""
"Dad?"

TRENDING THREADS