• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

USADA - Armstrong

Page 410 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Lance Armstrong:

I know who won those seven Tours, my teammates know who won those seven Tours, and everyone I competed against knows who won those seven Tours. We all raced together. For three weeks over the same roads, the same mountains, and against all the weather and elements that we had to confront. There were no shortcuts, there was no special treatment. The same courses, the same rules. The toughest event in the world where the strongest man wins. Nobody can ever change that.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
thehog said:
In the letter, which was also provided to the Statesman, Herman said: “You are on notice that if USADA makes any public statement claiming, without jurisdiction, to sanction Mr. Armstrong, or to falsely characterize Mr. Armstrong’s reasons for not

requesting an arbitration as anything other than a recognition of UCI jurisdiction and authority, USADA and anyone involved in the making of the statement will be liable.”:eek:

Yea, have fun with that Baghdad Bob. I don't think bullying the USADA has turned out too well for you. If you are going to sue them, you will have to prove he didn't dope. Good luck with that.

Funny way to fight this though. Sidestep the proceedings, and sue for libel. Tough fight that.

This is the part I hate the most. Fraud.

"Today I turn the page. I will no longer address this issue, regardless of the circumstances. I will commit myself to the work I began before ever winning a single Tour de France title: serving people and families affected by cancer, especially those in underserved communities. This October, my Foundation will celebrate 15 years of service to cancer survivors and the milestone of raising nearly $500 million."

&#197 said:
Lance Armstrong:
Quote:
"I know who won those seven Tours, my teammates know who won those seven Tours, and everyone I competed against knows who won those seven Tours. We all raced together. For three weeks over the same roads, the same mountains, and against all the weather and elements that we had to confront. There were no shortcuts, there was no special treatment. The same courses, the same rules. The toughest event in the world where the strongest man wins. Nobody can ever change that."

...and he's completely delusional

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
mp4-4a said:
The title of the article on CN is little bit misleading. USADA is handling the issues with LA and can handle him a lifetime ban, but can it strip him of TDF titles? Doesn't ASO do that, and will it?

What is going to be with his triathlon, will they ban him as well?
This is huge news, I always enjoy when bad guys get what they deserve(I guess LA's actions speak about the relevance of the USADA's evidence).

Anyway, I'm amazed with USADA's determination and persistance - I wish I could say the same for all other parties involved in cycling :/

if he's banned by USASA he can't compete in WTC events

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Microchip said:
Tyler's book...out in September.

I was hoping to see what "top men" had come up with...

imagesarc-covenant-crates-01-small.jpg

cineteq said:
This is the part I hate the most. Fraud.

"Today I turn the page. I will no longer address this issue, regardless of the circumstances. I will commit myself to the work I began before ever winning a single Tour de France title: serving people and families affected by cancer, especially those in underserved communities. This October, my Foundation will celebrate 15 years of service to cancer survivors and the milestone of raising nearly $500 million."

Rubbish indeed.

Looks like they raised $1 million for each test.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
MarkvW said:
Once the sanction has been imposed, USADA should provide the evidence to the UCI, as requested. Then it will be leaked, for sure.

And I'm not too stupid to think that this is over. Now Lance is going to try do everything he can to try to get the UCI to let him keep his TdF wins.

And Lance is going to have to pay some serious hush money to the contesting guys! I love it!

According to 131313, they can provide that information in the letter they write announcing the sanctions. They can air this themselves.

Sep 28, 2011
cqmanager.net
PosterBill said:
Wow the ball is now firmly in USADAs court. Lance not only dared them to spill the beans but spat in there face. USADA needs to release evidence in the face of this IMHO

I think they will once they release all the "bans" for all those former teammates involved. I guess we can expect that around the end of September. They will get 6 months and will be ready to race next year. :cool:

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
mewmewmew13 said:
Quote:
"I know who won those seven Tours, my teammates know who won those seven Tours, and everyone I competed against knows who won those seven Tours. We all raced together. For three weeks over the same roads, the same mountains, and against all the weather and elements that we had to confront. There were no shortcuts, there was no special treatment. The same courses, the same rules. The toughest event in the world where the strongest man wins. Nobody can ever change that."

...and he's completely delusional

But is he right that the riders and teams still believe he was the rightful winner?

there is quite a good case here. the riders appear to back him, his peers support him, and the UCI does not recognize the ban. there is a lot to work with here.

for me it changes little. if you don't believe he is the rightful winner this doesn't change. nor does it change if you believe he is the winner. our individual opinions are not determined by a technical decision.

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
ÅSBJÖRN BENKT said:
But is he right that the riders and teams still believe he was the rightful winner?

there is quite a good case here. the riders appear to back him, his peers support him, and the UCI does not recognize the ban. there is a lot to work with here.

for me it changes little. if you don't believe he is the rightful winner this doesn't change. nor does it change if you believe he is the winner. our individual opinions are not determined by a technical decision.

1) The riders know the truth.

2) Where has an official statement been made by the UCI saying that they do not accept the UCI's punishment?

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Ahh, this is the soap opera that just keeps on giving!

As much as I was looking forward to Armstrong being exposed and sanctioned, and I was almost sad that after today my entertainment would be over.

But no!!!!

Will USADA release the evidence?
Will LA sue USADA?
Will the press actually commit acts of journalism and not just reformat the excremental press releases?
Who will ASO award the titles to?

For all this and more, stay tuned to "The Clinic"......

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS