• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

USADA - Armstrong

Page 430 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
GJB123 said:
Are you sure? :confused:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ger...kloden-sinkewitz-and-kessler-for-blood-doping

If I understand it correctly, federal investignations have been halted but the German anti-doping organisation is just getting started.

Regards
GJ

true. The NADA are now testing whether they can bring down charges, though (unlike USADA in their case against LA) the NADA will be unable to overcome the SOL, so the only doping offences they might act upon are those committed in the years 2005 and (more likely) 2006, as far as I've understood.
In one article I read, Klöden was explicitly mentioned as one of the possible targets of a NADA investigation.

lemoogle said:
Haha the 2005 TdF

DSQ Lance Armstrong (USA)
2 Ivan Basso (ITA)
DSQ Jan Ullrich (GER)
4 Francisco Mancebo (ESP)
5 Alexandre Vinokourov (KAZ)
6 Levi Leipheimer (USA)
7 Michael Rasmussen (DEN)
8 Cadel Evans (AUS)
9 Floyd Landis (USA)

How many confirmed dopers in there? maybe evans will eventually get another tour win, for 2005..... or at least leipheimer

Seeing that Leipheimer was more than likely one of the witnesses and therefore admitted to dope use and given the fact that he was riding for Gerolsteiner that year, you do the math. Evans might be your safest bet.:rolleyes:

May 26, 2010
Visit site
pugdog said:
Armstrong is the scapegoat for cycling and cycling is the scapegoat for all other sports.

Boy do you know little about the sport.

Go read wiki cycling doping page and see how many other scapegoats there have been.

Cycling is a sport incredibly badly managed from the doping perspective and the clean perspective.

I wonder is anyone wishing Armstrong retired after no.5 in 2003 :D

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
GJB123 said:
Are you sure? :confused:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ger...kloden-sinkewitz-and-kessler-for-blood-doping

If I understand it correctly, federal investignations have been halted but the German anti-doping organisation is just getting started.

Regards
GJ

true. The NADA are now testing whether they can bring down charges, though (unlike USADA in their case against LA) the NADA will be unable to overcome the SOL, so the only doping offences they might act upon are those committed in the years 2005 and (more likely) 2006, as far as I've understood.
Benotti69 said:
Would love to kloden finally get done.
In one article I read, Klöden was explicitly mentioned as one of the possible targets of a NADA investigation.

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
sniper said:
More news that makes my eyes rain:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/armstrong-case-reactions-from-around-pro-cycling
shows that LA's strategy hasn't been bad in terms of damage control

I would't read too much into it they are PR and marketing people most probably who don't know a lot about cycling. Things are just getting started, it's like that YouTube vid posted earlier in the thread of Hitler receiving the news of Lance's ban, dressed like Lance: "They'll saw he looks like a ******bag!".

Briant_Gumble said:
I would't read too much into it they are PR and marketing people most probably who don't know a lot about cycling. Things are just getting started, it's like that YouTube vid posted earlier in the thread of Hitler receiving the news of Lance's ban, dressed like Lance: "They'll saw he looks like a ******bag!".

Officially Armstrong will be a convicted doper and stripped of his results. Armstrong's spin will eventually wear thin and over the long term being convicted is what will matter.

It will take a few days for a media response to coalesce. There should be a lot of people poking holes in his bid for martyrdom.

Stoned Again

CobbleStoner said:
sorry people, but this does not change the fact that he won 7 Tour's, he was the one that pedaled every stroke, he covered attacks, he attacked, he crossed every finish line, he stood on the champs elysees 7 times in the yellow jersey, you simply can not take that away from him no matter how loud you scream 'cheater' now.
I don't like Lance, nor have I ever been a fan, but this is very detrimental to cycling and helps no one, thanks Travis Tygart and POS rat fink Landis

don't be sorry! just Accept that Poor lance Never would have been 1st across the Line without that Chemical Back Up

simples! now if You can't Understand that You Must be even More Stoned than when You Posted the above

lemoogle said:
Haha the 2005 TdF

DSQ Lance Armstrong (USA)
2 Ivan Basso (ITA)
DSQ Jan Ullrich (GER)
4 Francisco Mancebo (ESP)
5 Alexandre Vinokourov (KAZ)
6 Levi Leipheimer (USA)
7 Michael Rasmussen (DEN)
8 Cadel Evans (AUS)
9 Floyd Landis (USA)

How many confirmed dopers in there? maybe evans will eventually get another tour win, for 2005..... or at least leipheimer

Any comments about how no action should have been taken against Doper boy are ridiculous. What should we do - drop any anti-doping measures because we don't want stripped victories to go to dopers? Should we have left Contador alone? Landis?

Whatever happens to the 7 TDF victories doesn't matter, the important thing is that doping isn't rewarded.

It also seems that there are a lot of omerta lovers active in pro cycling. They should all be ashamed of their pathetic comments.

Can't believe just how active the interns are in the comments sections of the articles on this news. A major campaign of disinformation is happening.

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Sometime back, and I'm not sure on what thread someone posted a comprehensive list of most all of the dope tests Lance took in order to dispel the "tested more than 500 times " myth.
If anyone could point out were that list is Id much appreciate it.
Cheers peeps.

frenchfry said:
It seems to me that the UCI have their hands tied by the fact that Armstrong went to the Federal courts on the jurisdiction issue and lost. If he hadn't done that they could still be huffing and puffing about how they should be the ones to dismiss any doping charges against Wonder Boy. I would think he is regretting that.

Armstrong seems to think that the UCI will save his results, but I think there is a good chance that the UCI will wash its hands of Armstrong. McQuaid can claim that the UCI's hands are tied in the matter and it is obligated to follow WADA's rules.

The chance of the UCI being exposed just decreased significantly. Its best strategy is to bury Armstrong and leave his era in the past.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Armstrong seems to think that the UCI will save his results, but I think there is a good chance that the UCI will wash its hands of Armstrong. McQuaid can claim that the UCI's hands are tied in the matter and it is obligated to follow WADA's rules.

The chance of the UCI being exposed just decreased significantly. Its best strategy is to bury Armstrong and leave his era in the past.

I agree, Armstrong just did McQauid and Verdrugthem a big favour.

That is not to say they are off the hook, but Armstrong has not dragged them kicking and screaming into it.................yet!

But he may use Bruyneel if Bruyneel answers his masters command!

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
frenchfry said:
Any comments about how no action should have been taken against Doper boy are ridiculous. What should we do - drop any anti-doping measures because we don't want stripped victories to go to dopers? Should we have left Contador alone? Landis?

Whatever happens to the 7 TDF victories doesn't matter, the important thing is that doping isn't rewarded.

It also seems that there are a lot of omerta lovers active in pro cycling. They should all be ashamed of their pathetic comments.

Can't believe just how active the interns are in the comments sections of the articles on this news. A major campaign of disinformation is happening.

I agree it's very disrespectful to the cyclists who died at the start of the EPO era or anyone who had health complications as a result of PED's. Armstrong himself isn't an ambassador for good health, IMO he was unlucky to get testicular cancer but using HGH and masking agents in addition to a possible reluctance to open up to Doctors would have greatly exacerbated his problems.

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
1st off, if I can't be 10,000 then I want this thread closed. Where am I going to find 230 people to delete posts?

2nd and less importantly, ESPN is reporting that the UCI and WADA are both demanding that USADA provide them with the basis for their decision so it would be great to have all of that laundry aired.

I think today we get the reactionary support for him, just like so many other get when the painful truth comes out, McGwire, Bonds (to a less extent because so many hated him in the 1st place), Clemens, Tyler, Sosa but then as time goes on people sober up, the denials start to sound a little too insincere, and the truth is all we are left with!

(b<>*%tti that's a litte dry humor, I know how difficult reading can be at times)

May 26, 2010
Visit site
alberto.legstrong said:
1st off, if I can't be 10,000 then I want this thread closed. Where am I going to find 230 people to delete posts?

2nd and less importantly, ESPN is reporting that the UCI and WADA are both demanding that USADA provide them with the basis for their decision so it would be great to have all of that laundry aired.

I think today we get the reactionary support for him, just like so many other get when the painful truth comes out, McGwire, Bonds (to a less extent because so many hated him in the 1st place), Clemens, Tyler, Sosa but then as time goes on people sober up, the denials start to sound a little too insincere, and the truth is all we are left with!

(b<>*%tti that's a litte dry humor, I know how difficult reading can be at times)

:confused:

Benotti69 said:
I agree, Armstrong just did McQauid and Verdrugthem a big favour.

That is not to say they are off the hook, but Armstrong has not dragged them kicking and screaming into it.................yet!

But he may use Bruyneel if Bruyneel answers his masters command!

The nice thing is that the UCI can dismiss any allegations from Armstrong as the bitter flailings of a lying dope cheat. Pat McQuaid likes the UCI's credibility. :)

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
CobbleStoner said:
sorry people, but this does not change the fact that he won 7 Tour's, he was the one that pedaled every stroke, he covered attacks, he attacked, he crossed every finish line, he stood on the champs elysees 7 times in the yellow jersey, you simply can not take that away from him no matter how loud you scream 'cheater' now.
I don't like Lance, nor have I ever been a fan, but this is very detrimental to cycling and helps no one, thanks Travis Tygart and POS rat fink Landis

whatevs .

frenchfry said:

Hey I agree, I didn't post that a means to defend Armstrong. I'd actually wish for every doper to get caught. As long as SOME people get away with it , it will keep going. Maybe we need a super dark era of taking measures against everyone. Things shouldnt take so long. People shouldnt be able to just pay to stop an investigation.

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Like most of you, I've been following a lot of the news sites and blogs and the associated comments. Some are mind blowingly stupid, but for me, this one takes the cake. Lance is now being compared to the Guildford Four. A snippet below, not sure if I feel sadder for the tool that posted this, or for the 112 people that liked it. It just makes me angry... implying he has suffered torture. :rolleyes:

"For any who take Lance Armstrong's prepared statement as being an admission of guilt, I refer you to the story of the Guildford Four and thousands of other cases where the human psyche breaks under great strain"

Full post by Alan Wright found here in the comments section....
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/24/s...-tour-de-france-titles.html?_r=1&pagewanted=2

I'm not as well versed on the legalities as some others, and sorry if this has been covered already or is a stupid question, but where does the Court of Arbitration for Sport fit into this? Is there any possibility that Lance can take his case there once he is sanctioned, or does the fact he refused arbitration with USADA mean it is not possible?

lemoogle said:
Hey I agree, I didn't post that a means to defend Armstrong. I'd actually wish for every doper to get caught. As long as SOME people get away with it , it will keep going. Maybe we need a super dark era of taking measures against everyone. Things shouldnt take so long. People shouldnt be able to just pay to stop an investigation.

Maybe things took so long because there was an organised conspiracy involved, and threats directed at anyone who dared expose the myth for a big lie. Not to mention cover-ups like the 2001 Tour de Suisse positive and bribes to the UCI. Unfortunately Armstrong's decision to avoid arbitration will serve to temporarily hide the truth.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
BroDeal said:
The nice thing is that the UCI can dismiss any allegations from Armstrong as the bitter flailings of a lying dope cheat. Pat McQuaid likes the UCI's credibility. :)

I would love to see McQuaid come out with Armstrong is a bitter doper.

Never happen. Sadly

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS