• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

USADA's Reasoned Decision 202 pages

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Apparently there was a continuous flow of PEDs between Valencia and Girona, with Del Moral and Marti as enablers.

Funny how Matt White continues to live in Valencia, with Greenedge and Garmin based in Girona.

Nothing to see here.

This is the executive summary I was looking for.
"Witness after witness would have been called to the stand and witness after witness would have confirmed the following: That Lance Armstrong used the banned drug EPO. That Lance Armstrong used the banned drug Testosterone. That Lance Armstrong provided his teammates the banned drug EPO. That Lance Armstrong administered to a teammate the banned drug Testosterone. That Lance Armstrong enforced the doping program on his team by threatening a rider with termination if he did not dope in accordance with the plan drawn up by Dr. Michele Ferrari. That Lance Armstrong’s doping program was organized by Dr. Ferrari. That Lance Armstrong pushed his teammates to use Dr. Ferrari. That Lance Armstrong used banned blood transfusions to cheat. That Lance Armstrong would have his blood withdrawn and stored throughout the year and then receive banned blood transfusions in the team doctor’s hotel room on nights during the Tour de France. That Lance Armstrong surrounded himself with drug runners and doping doctors so that he could achieve his goal of winning the Tour de France year after year. That Lance Armstrong and his handlers engaged in a massive and long running scheme to use drugs, cover their tracks, intimidate witnesses, tarnish reputations, lie to hearing panels and the press and do whatever was necessary to conceal the truth."

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Jens Voight joked about burying drugs along the route for the TdF in the past to Jaksche.

Seemed like a joke, but sometimes reality is stranger than fiction

Addendum Part One - Page | 23

Zabriskie also recalled an occasion when on the team bus during the Tour of Luxembourgthe riders were told that police were at the team hotel and a team official advised that if any riderhad any drugs in his bag that he should get rid of the drugs. After a rider’s drugs were buried inthe woods, a team employee commented that, “those trees will be big in a few years.”

How did they keep getting tipped off?

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
This is better than Tyler's book. They really went into some good details. I wonder if this explains Andy Schleck's one race a year strategy and all those folks who hide during the season and appear towards the end aka Froome.

jilbiker said:
This is better than Tyler's book. They really went into some good details. I wonder if this explains Andy Schleck's one race a year strategy and all those folks who hide during the season and appear towards the end aka Froome.

There are some glaring similarities to marginal gains.

One that pricked my interest was the hotel in Puigcerdà.

Appears if you stayed there you wouldn’t be tested. I think that was coded venue to the UCI for the testers not to be sent. Many riders spent time there and were told if when staying there testers would never arrive.

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I've posted both of these in the other 'Reasoned Decision' thread but...

For those wondering why this isn't 1,000 pages:

USADA has written a summary, circa 200 pages, that will be available to public. Perhaps some time today. Thousands of pages in full report.
David Walsh

USADA won't say this publicly, but by putting a 200-page "summary" on website they ensure the evidence can't be buried or distorted.
David Walsh

This 'Reasoned Decision' is up on the USADA website to download plus all affidavits from the cyclists/other witnesses and more:

*USADA Statement
*Reasoned Decision
*Appendices and Supporting Materials
*General USADA Information

http://cyclinginvestigation.usada.org/

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
As this turned out to be, Ferrari engaged cycling seminars, inviting the riders from other teams (Vino, Kash, Mazzo). That's fairly hilarious.

Sadly, 2006-2008 seasons are hardly elucidated in that report.

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
While I didn't think anything could shock more then Hamilton's book, this report is truely 30X ...this is throwing down the guantlet that I never could have imagined.

PosterBill said:
While I didn't think anything could shock more then Hamilton's book, this report is truely 30X ...this is throwing down the guantlet that I never could have imagined.

And yet, you know it's only a tip of the ice berg. Lance is into more than just doping. USADA just don't care about anything else. Go figure...

Hincapie affidavit, paragraph 50:

"I was generally aware that Lance was using testosterone throughout the time we were teammates. For instance at a race in Spain in 2000 Lance indicated to me he had taken testosterone. Lance told me that he was feeling good and recovered, that he had just taken some "oil." When I heard that drug testing officials were at the hotel, I texted Lance to warn him to avoid the place. As a result, Lance dropped out of the race."

At the 2000 Vuelta al Pais Vasco, Armstrong dropped out before the last day:

"Despite the presence of some top names in the peloton (Armstrong, Camenzind, Dufaux, Elli, and Merckx), they did not choose to start in the final stage as they were many minutes down on GC. Armstrong flew back to the US to participate in this weekend's BMC criterium and Ride for the Roses benefit for cancer. Olano is still suffering from flu and cited family committments, while the remaining names did not specify their reasons."

http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/results/2000/apr00/paisvasco005b.shtml

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
You know how people argue, "just let em do everything, have no rules, free for all"

well that's basically been cycling in the 90s..yet even the person making that argument knows how insane and unrealistic of that happening yet it actually happened in this sport. How did people stay alive? Cycling should have had A LOT more deaths and weird stuff going on then it did

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
SocratesJohnson said:
page 51 - Pat McQuaid night is ruined:D

Can you believe that the UCI refused to release the LA Tour de Suisse sample to the USADA for re-testing? The UCI asked LA for consent and of course he refused? Never tested positive my ars_.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
reading over this stuff I doubt armstrong could have ever even won a single tour without the juice...quite a strategy: put all your team on juice and just coast along behind them into the history books...

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
The Gnome said:
reading over this stuff I doubt armstrong could have ever even won a single tour without the juice...quite a strategy: put all your team on juice and just coast along behind them into the history books...
surely you didn't need to read through this stuff to know that.
in this day and age, you cannot win a GT on paniagua, period.
nor can you finish 4th in the TdF on paniagua, for that matter.

May 13, 2009
Visit site
biker jk said:
Can you believe that the UCI refused to release the LA Tour de Suisse sample to the USADA for re-testing? The UCI asked LA for consent and of course he refused? Never tested positive my ars_.

Fodder for PK's defense.