• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

USADA's Reasoned Decision 202 pages

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Very nice work by USADA, even though the juiciest parts were already in Tyler's books. So when are we getting all the appendixes ? Appendix AA apparently has the list of sanctions and loss of results for the witnesses. It seems they would have to lose their results for the years they admitted they doped?

Surprised not to see Livingston in there, surely he was called before the Grand Jury? Does it mean that there was no obligation to talk to USADA? Statute of limitations for him ?

I think USASA got the payment information from Renzo Ferrante.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
webvan said:
Very nice work by USADA, even though the juiciest parts were already in Tyler's books. So when are we getting all the appendixes ? Appendix AA apparently has the list of sanctions and loss of results for the witnesses. It seems they would have to lose their results for the years they admitted they doped?

Surprised not to see Livingston in there, surely he was called before the Grand Jury? Does it mean that there was no obligation to talk to USADA? Statute of limitations for him ?

I think USASA got the payment information from Renzo Ferrante.

It's all here: http://cyclinginvestigation.usada.org/ - click the different tabs.

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Zam_Olyas said:
That would be Baghdad Bob ..former iraqi information minister :D :p

I used him as my avatar once

07-minister.jpg

LMAO...great photo thx

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Page 159 to 163 is teeming with frustration at the UCI.

Armstrong’s position that UCI, rather than USADA, has results management jurisdictionis also belied by UCI’s own conduct and statements.

Looking at the UCI correspondence, especially Pat's letters from the 3rd and 17th September (Appendix D, bottom 2 documents) it's not hard to see why. If I received this kind of thing at work, I'd take a long hard walk and maybe kick a bench or two.

I'm not sure if it's been made public before, but "AFLD documents English.pdf" in Appendix R goes some way to further defining the frustrations felt with the UCI in general.

In any event, the use of chaperones is mandatory
and could not be eliminated unilaterally by the UCI because the riders to be tested were spread in five different hotels. Furthermore, the UCI was not well organized because for the first four days, the chaperones did not have enough vests (only 5 vests for 8 chaperones)

and

[UCI inspectors don’t seem to take all useful precautions to keep upcoming tests confidential, such as tests in hotels before or after the race.] It is not very professional to talk about such tests (very) loudly in a dining room where riders are present, especially on the day before a test, such as was the case in Barcelona on Thursday night, 7 July.

were particular highlights for me.

I hear mentions of financial docs. I have clearly been browsing past them. Where to look, please?

Will someone open a thread on whether the sanctioned riders will really be asked to return their prize money? One is getting more years than the other, more for Levi than for Hincapie, but they sure made a bit of money in their respective scratched times...

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Cloxxki said:
I hear mentions of financial docs. I have clearly been browsing past them. Where to look, please?

Page 107 is a nice one. I'm only just on the appendices now, but it would be nice to see the full list of transactions to Health & Performance, especially the ones from Vino.

Looking at some websites, looks like the company is now dissolved.

Wearing Thin said:
Page 107 is a nice one. I'm only just on the appendices now, but it would be nice to see the full list of transactions to Health & Performance, especially the ones from Vino.

Looking at some websites, looks like the company is now dissolved.

Thanks will go back to the main doc. Flew through it in a couple direction, based on search words, which was of little help.

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
A sad day for cycling

Reading about Zabriske cornered/forced to dope and the many such cases that we know or don't know in cycling, makes this story very sad for cycling. It is really a ridicule. We all know Bodybuilding is juice based which is why it is a minor sport, no major corporation wants to be associated with fake efforts.. but reading this report seems something like the report that was done on Baseball. Except baseballs report was not public and they made a real effort to clean up.

This report in public seems like a timebomb and could bring down the sport totally. Reduce the number sponsors, reduce TV coverage and the sport is sent to the basement. Lance doesn't care about cycling, as far as he is concerned he will drag the whole sport to the ground if he goes down. Then he has the final victory. The answer must from from UCI. Either they disown Lance and reform or go down with Lance.

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Cloxxki said:
Thanks will go back to the main doc. Flew through it in a couple direction, based on search words, which was of little help.

Jack Robertson, Exhibit B in Appendix A has a lot of scans of statements. According to page 105 this is where the Vino evidence should be, possibly even Kashechkin and others.

It's also on page 105 they talk about all of the clients attending the summer camp. I don't know why, but I imagine a scene like Darth Vader addressing the collection of bounty hunters in Empire Strikes Back when I read that.

Edit: Statements from Health & Performance SA, as well as what looks like his personal UBS account. Armstrong included, as well as Vino, Kashechkin and Rubiera. And he also pays far too much for his telephone.

Just read Levi's affidavit...doesn't explain why he stopped doping after 2007 ? Also I can't help but wonder if "Rider 16" is not our good friend Bertie...too bad we have all these redacted names, fear of litigation is it?

Does anyone know if the UCI is getting the same redacted documents?

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Levi's deposition -- "Other 7." And his personal coach who supplied him with EPO while at Saturn was...?

And is there a coach that worked with Lance, Danielson, Levi, and Mike Barry at different times? Hmm.

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
webvan said:
Just read Levi's affidavit...doesn't explain why he stopped doping after 2007 ? Also I can't help but wonder if "Rider 16" is not our good friend Bertie...too bad we have all these redacted names, fear of litigation is it?

Does anyone know if the UCI is getting the same redacted documents?

There is absolutely NO doubt in anybody's mind that Bertie was on the program. The way Bruyneel coerced folks into doping? You could not be in a JB team, perform like Bertie and not be on JB program.

I think RadioShack should kick JB out except LA owns RadioShack team, right? All riders should run away from JB, no one can believe you are clean with JB managing a team.

For all his faults BRiis does not seems to have his own systematc program nor force riders to juice, he does make "suggestions" and introductions but leaves the decisions to the Rider.

Now I think about Bertie's decision to go from JB to Riis, I see the logic. He wanted a manager that allows the doping.

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Cimacoppi49 said:
Tim Herman, as an attorney, could be one guy to have trouble down the road. Can see a disciplinary proceeding against him. It looks like he may have knowingly participated in a conspiracy to defraud
SCA. Same with Stapleton.

Let's not forget Knaggs in the mix either!!!!!

TRENDING THREADS