• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Van Garderen's future

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Well HTC don't have a new sponsor yet so all the riders may need a new team. I suspect he doesn't really know what he'll do yet.

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
will10 said:
Well HTC don't have a new sponsor yet so all the riders may need a new team. I suspect he doesn't really know what he'll do yet.

Second rest day if not announced then riders given the green light to find new teams if they haven´t already - I think that the official word

Libertine Seguros said:
I hope Rabobank, given they put a lot of time and effort into developing him before HTC put in a better offer when it was time to go pro.

I very much doubt if Rabobank are in the market for a young guy with GC potential, given that they have a veritable plague of them already. For TJVG it would be a bad move too, as who are the team going to prefer, one of their Dutch prospects or an American?

Zinoviev Letter said:
I very much doubt if Rabobank are in the market for a young guy with GC potential, given that they have a veritable plague of them already. For TJVG it would be a bad move too, as who are the team going to prefer, one of their Dutch prospects or an American?

Naturally, but since they did put in a lot of effort with him they ought to reap some kind of rewards. They gave him plenty of rope to do his own thing on Rabo Continental, but he won't get Tour leadership with Gesink around of course, and Kruijswijk will get plenty of other opportunities to showcase himself after the Giro.

Career-wise it wouldn't be smart for him, but poetic justice says he should go back.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Angliru said:
Shack is in dire need of a young American for the grand tours and stage races. Levi and Horner ain't getting any older.

I thought about the Shack, but then thought they might see something in Bushe or Ben King. I was really impressed with them both in Cali and Bushe at the National Championships. Way too early for me to speculate on a GT GC run, but they might have the makings of a GC contender. Would like to see them contend smaller stage races. Van Garderen is more GC ready at this point though. Still a couple years from contending, but at least he's riding the Tour right now.

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I'll go with the crowd and say BMC or Radioshack.

RS is pretty old when it comes to GC guys. BMC is thin with GC guys after Evans. I'm not sure TJVG is a GT rider... he may be more of a 1-week race guy... but both teams could use a young american rider like that even if he never becomes a GT threat.

BMC pls. However the future might look uncertain when Cadel retires. The future for RS is uncertain however it's logical to go to an American team. Shouldn't this be in the transfer thread as well. I want to see him next yr target the Vuelta as well, getting into the top 10.

Mr. O'Clock

BANNED
Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
greenedge said:
BMC pls. However the future might look uncertain when Cadel retires. The future for RS is uncertain however it's logical to go to an American team. Shouldn't this be in the transfer thread as well. I want to see him next yr target the Vuelta as well, getting into the top 10.

I
Do not understand, 10 days ago it was announced the Shack Nissan and Trek were carrying on sponsoring Lance and Buyneels' team...... Did something change?

Mr. O'Clock said:
I
Do not understand, 10 days ago it was announced the Shack Nissan and Trek were carrying on sponsoring Lance and Buyneels' team...... Did something change?
Nothing changed, 2 more years but for now no real signs of building up a new great team. BMC on the other hand seems to be investing money in great young riders. BTW, I would love to see a new Radioshack with new energy. Tejay would be a fantastic start for that.

TRENDING THREADS