• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vaughter's Spine

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
ultimobici said:
Not the point I was making.

JV has a great many people who are dependant on Garmin's survival. To compromise their livelihoods for a cause that is way way less critical than the oppression in the US in the 60's or union rights would be monumentally selfish.

"Hey guys, you don't mind if I crash the Garmin Team Bus into the UCI/Armstrong/Bruyneel juggernaut do you so some internet posters I should demonstrate I do have a spine?"

More silliness.

The choice wasn't about crashing busses. The choice was about answering questions.

The farmworkers didn't have mouths to feed? The autoworkers?

Bro, it's hopeless with you.

BTW, your chronology with Garmin having anything to do with anything is way off.....

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
flicker said:
I just like the way Kimmage handles himself. If you check out the you tube where Lance notices Kimmage, I think it is from 2008, watch Armstrongs body language. Kimmage has major clout in cycling.

For Buckwheat in your list of heroes(and I admire each and everyone of them) please add Dietrech Bonhoeffer. I just watched documentary on him, he fought Nazis peacefully and participated in an underground movement against the Nazis from 1938 on. He gave is life for what is right, executed by the Nazis 9 April 1945 and before he died he said, now my life begins.

I see your point Buckwheat. For me for cycling to change the Olympics really need to clean up. As a DS all Jonathan can do is try to control his own charges.

When I saw the Lisa Weisenthal film on the Berlin Olympics 36 I could really understand how sports are manipulated.

If you watch the Bonhoeffer film Hitler is having a rally in an indoor board track velodrome. Sports were and are propoganda, a narcotic to quell the people, much like TV or video games. Check that movie out Bonhoeffer. Netflix instant.

Thanks for the reminder. He's a favorite of Chris Hedges too.

What people tend to think is that this kind of thing can't happen again.

A whole country of ordinary people flipping out and becoming murderers.

Hannah Arendt anyone? Cambodia, China,Rwanda, Darfur. Burma? Nope can't happen again....

I guess in China you're cool if you don't open your mouth.

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
buckwheat said:
You'll never get my point. You keep hedging. Hedging is a virtue.

...and now you have the unmitigated gall to tell me what I get ...for the record, I get your point...which can be boiled down to this...you are smart enough, metaphorically, to actually get thru the book, but not bright enough to understand it...which is basically why you continually see everything thru a fundamentalist lens..which is dead simple...reality, on the other hand, is real complex...it has nuance and stuff...and other people and consequently, other points of view involved...real world solutions are often difficult....

...you kinda remind me of Alvin Toffler, who was always smart enough to identify problems but never smart enough to come up with functional solutions that stood the test of time...

...so bravo for your defense of things you hold dear but there are more effective ways of dealing with them...and certainly not a ego driven sledge hammer yielded by a true believer...unless, of course, you harbour visions of being the Pol Pot of this forum, and if that is the case, you are heading in the right direction...

Cheers

blutto

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
buckwheat said:
More silliness.

The choice wasn't about crashing busses. The choice was about answering questions.

The farmworkers didn't have mouths to feed? The autoworkers?

Bro, it's hopeless with you.
By answering those questions now he potentially puts the whole team at risk.

When there is injustice it is not a simple case of confronting it head on. As I said earlier, JV may be the one to sink Armstrong & Co.

While I would love him to just lay it all out I can see that it may not be the best course of action, nor the most effective strategy, in the long run.

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
ultimobici said:
By answering those questions now he potentially puts the whole team at risk.

When there is injustice it is not a simple case of confronting it head on. As I said earlier, JV may be the one to sink Armstrong & Co.

While I would love him to just lay it all out I can see that it may not be the best course of action, nor the most effective strategy, in the long run.

In the long run we are all dead....

paraphrase of JM Keynes.

Keep telling yourself this....it's not a simple case of confronting....

That's all it is.

A

Anonymous

buckwheat said:
Thanks for the Stats. I'm prolific I guess...

"A man who can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time...that man is an artist. But when that same man sticks a pair of cymbals between his knees, he becomes a freak"
Author unknown

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
blutto said:
...and now you have the unmitigated gall to tell me what I get ...for the record, I get your point...which can be boiled down to this...you are smart enough, metaphorically, to actually get thru the book, but not bright enough to understand it...which is basically why you continually see everything thru a fundamentalist lens..which is dead simple...reality is real complex...it has nuance and stuff...and other people and other points of view involved...solutions are often difficult....

...you kinda remind me of Alvin Toffler, who was always smart enough to identify problems but never smart enough to come up with functional solutions that stood the test of time...

...so bravo for your defense of things you hold dear but there are more effective ways of dealing with them...and certainly not a ego driven sledge hammer yielded by a true believer...unless you have visions of being the Pol Pot of this forum...

Cheers

blutto

I love phony outrage! :p

Look in the mirror....

Look back at the posts. I cited the problems AND the succesful solutions.

Where Mr. Insult, did I EVER
talk in this forum about infringing on another persons rights?

I think, I advocated for the truth, and letting the chips fall where they may. As it happens, most people, (most are spineless btw, the point of this thread) are intimidated about speaking truth to power.

I talked of JC, Einstein, MLK, Cesar Chavez, those types of people. Are they not righteous?

So please stop your stuff about equating me with totalitarian murderers.

On top of everything it makes no sense whatsoever.:D

So I'm going to respectfully suggest that you stop foaming at the mouth, and accusing me of things I never suggested, implied, wrote, or said.

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
"A man who can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time...that man is an artist. But when that same man sticks a pair of cymbals between his knees, he becomes a freak"
Author unknown

Please don't put me on your ignore list...;)

Dude, remember predictable and foreseeable?

Golly gee, it's too black and white!!!!!

Please tell me about the conclusions drawn there!

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Author unknown

Evidently, not an insult.

When you're a lawyer, you'll have to argue the case...

May 21, 2010
Visit site
buckwheat said:
This thread has been enlightening. I had no idea there were this many spineless people.

Because calling everyone, on an anonymous internet forum spineless convinces us that you, in fact, do have a spine?

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Anyone wanting to discuss politics, do so in the politics thread.

Anyone wanting to discuss international crimes, do so in a specific thread. Create this thread in the cafe. Part of me would enjoy such a topic.

But whatever you do, ALL OF YOU, do not bring it up again in a thread outside of the cafe.

And don't insult each other with every other post

Status
Not open for further replies.