• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Velogames - Vuelta

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
I have plummeted down to 8th in the CN forum rankings, I'm honestly surprised I am still good - with Cavendish and Anton riding like the things that can time trial faster than Ivan Basso, plus Machado not getting into breakaways and Roche's panache being transplanted into Dan Martin for this Vuelta, I have given up on this game too.

=)

A

Anonymous

Fetisoff said:
Hmm... Looks like after today, I might actually leapfrog TSF, and get out of the bottom 2 in the CN forum league :eek::eek:

Euskaltel have deserted me, Menchov and Sastre have been invisible and left me dead last. Long way to go yet though. Thank god for Nibbles and Martin

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
Gubby Allen said:
I've got Sagan & Degenkolb in my side - 1st & 2nd on Stage 12, but their points are still not included. Yet stage 13 is updated.

They've updated through stage 15 now but still not fixed stage 12. I had Sagan and Degenkolb too so that stage should have been my moment of glory in the standings.

At least Poels is getting me good value because I sure didn't predict overall standings like we're seeing...

Should have got JROD if only just for the stages. Nibali got a few points but am glad i did not get him now as it looks like he might not be favourite to win at all any more.

Had no Cobo and had Cav so that screwed it for me.

Sagan, the 2 Martins ( though Tony will not try any more ) and Fuglsang are my hopes. I also hope that JVDB can top 5 as well.

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Ended up 18th overall and 2nd in the CN & Team Sky mini leagues, both to the same team above me.

Bloody Xavier Zandio - 2 tours running I've piked him & he's been crap in both. I toyed between him & Dan Martin. I'd have won it with the latter.

AussieGoddess said:
ok - I have joined my very first Velogames comp

Cross fingers I have learnt something from my time here :p

hmm - well it seems I still have a LOT to learn :p as my team was pretty ordinary.

I had Nibali, Scarponi and JVDB for overall .... :( and while I did have Sagan and Kittel who did ok, but then - so did everyone :p

Oh well - maybe next time.

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty pleased to have had 8 of my riders finish the race! I think my previous best was 6 and I've been as low as 4 so I've sometimes felt I was jinxing my picks. The only guy I lost this time was Kittel and he didn't break any bones so all is good. Too bad my top guy on GC was Nibali in 7th.

AussieGoddess said:
hmm - well it seems I still have a LOT to learn :p as my team was pretty ordinary.

I had Nibali, Scarponi and JVDB for overall .... :( and while I did have Sagan and Kittel who did ok, but then - so did everyone :p

Oh well - maybe next time.

This was not a race anybody outside Team Sky and Geox TMC could have possibly predicted well.

The guys with huge GT records failed miserably. The most intelligent computers could not predict this.