• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 176 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 19, 2011
Visit site
webbie146 said:
Very interesting info! Cool job, could your friend hook me up? I'm good at.. Cycling stuff:p

I think his coach said last week he is 1,5kg lighter then at the giro 2013, while pushing the same amount of watts. Nibali has a real change to take it here, especially considering the fact the whole astana team looks to be on fire.

Westra is a total beast :cool:

he is a high rank technician, but he is no where near VN's climbing training team. According to him that training team is somewhat mysterious.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
hfer07 said:
Sagan is the next, and Nibbs will be please to pass it on to him

not bad idea, Sagan said he made a mistake when he lost contact with his "friends". That is the exactly word he used in the interview. So Astana and Cannodale alliance.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
armchairclimber said:
According to a certain sage of this here forum (aye up Hitch), Nibali is only a 3rd rate climber.

first rate AC, second rate CF, and third rate VN, with seconds gap between them, I would take that.:D

May 19, 2011
Visit site
"Cycling is about racing on all kinds of conditions. At the Giro d'Italia we get days like this. We raced on the dirt roads of Strade Bianche one year and I lost the pink jersey that day. Froome crashed yesterday and he crashed again today, before the cobbles. That's cycling."

"I learnt how to ride well when I was a boy and rode around on a mountain bike. [Jakob] Fuglsang was a world mountain bike champion and he was amazing today. [Lieuwe] Westra was amazing too. It was great he went in the break because he was up there to help me. It was a very hard stage. I'm just happy that it went well for us. It was terrible out there. It was incredibly stressful from start to finish. There were a lot of crashes too."

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm still rooting for Bertie all the way but I have great love for Nibbles as well...very likeable guy and a naturally talented cyclist...at least a likeable and respectable person will win he Tour this year :rolleyes:

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Alcanelo said:
I'm still rooting for Bertie all the way but I have great love for Nibbles as well...very likeable guy and a naturally talented cyclist...at least a likeable and respectable person will win he Tour this year :rolleyes:

Well, Porte might win it

Vino attacks everyone said:
Just returned from my 3 hour celebratory ride in Nibbles honor. We were like 5 people here that belived in Nibbles in May, after the Dauphine we were down to 3 or something. Now we are quite a few more I see :D:D

I won't hide now, I was among the sceptics.
Still, the Tour is very long and he's yet to show he can climb like last year. This Tour is full of stages where one can attack or try an ambush. I trust Nibbles cause he's a true racer and gets rarely caught off guard, but if Contador keeps attacking on climbs I fear he can make up some time. In the end it could be close.

SafeBet said:
I won't hide now, I was among the sceptics.
Still, the Tour is very long and he's yet to show he can climb like last year. This Tour is full of stages where one can attack or try an ambush. I trust Nibbles cause he's a true racer and gets rarely caught off guard, but if Contador keeps attacking on climbs I fear he can make up some time. In the end it could be close.

Damn Contador. Who would have though 4 years ago after the amazing AC/Vino combo that it would come to this fight between the reincarnated Vino, and AC? somewaht sad, but mostly amazing :D:D

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Vino attacks everyone said:
Just returned from my 3 hour celebratory ride in Nibbles honor. We were like 5 people here that belived in Nibbles in May, after the Dauphine we were down to 3 or something. Now we are quite a few more I see :D:D

Usually don't post enough for you to probably know - but count me IN!

Vincenzo Nibali fan-girl here:D Love how he rides a bike!

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Nibali is impressive in the cobble. Congrats to him. But mountain wise.. i think contador still have the say. Still it will make it more exciting that nibali has 2+ minutes ahead contador. At least he got a lot of head start to begin with.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Jelantik said:
Nibali is impressive in the cobble. Congrats to him. But mountain wise.. i think contador still have the say. Still it will make it more exciting that nibali has 2+ minutes ahead contador. At least he got a lot of head start to begin with.

you keep thinking that:p. Nibali will destroy AC in the ITT and defends well in the mountain