• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 251 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
cineteq said:
Almost 6 months after the TdF and we're still seeing posters unable to deal with it. It's a long road, hang in there guys.

This comes from the guy who was certain, that Froome and Contador were gonna get exposed in the vuelta.

Well you're partially right, one guy got exposed.

Sorry i guess i should be impressed that nibali beat french riders. I ****ing bet that Hinault can ride faster at his age than these scrubs.

Miburo said:
This comes from the guy who was certain, that Froome and Contador were gonna get exposed in the vuelta.

Well you're partially right, one guy got exposed.
First, I had serious reasons why I thought they were going to be exposed; second, you missed the part that I celebrated Alberto's win, even though I was misled by Media's comments that he was seriously injured. If you're going to say something say the whole story at least. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I forgive you, I know what you're going through, 6 months to go, hang in there pal ;)

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
cineteq said:
First, I had serious reasons why I thought they were going to be exposed; second, you missed the part that I celebrated Alberto's win, even though I was misled by Media's comments that he was seriously injured. If you're going to say something say the whole story at least. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I forgive you, I know what you're going through, 6 months to go, hang in there pal ;)

Since when do people believe media? Contador only races to win, unlike this guy who only peaked for one stage race this year.

myrideissteelerthanyours said:
Now that Andy is gone le trendy cycling mafia has to ruin other riders' threads.

AC can never win another tour but Nibali could. No wonder all the trendy mafia's vitriol seems to end up in this thread now...

:confused: How do you come to this conclusion?...after watching cycling for some years one thing I have learned is that anything can happen. Both these riders could either win or never win the Tour again.

Red Rick said:
Isn't this a paradox btw, Nibali wins the bet cyclist poll, but he's not the best male cyclist, ergo..........

Lol :p

Jspear said:
:confused: How do you come to this conclusion?...after watching cycling for some years one thing I have learned is that anything can happen. Both these riders could either win or never win the Tour again.

Let them write off Alberto!! He'll prove them wrong.

myrideissteelerthanyours said:
Now that Andy is gone le trendy cycling mafia has to ruin other riders' threads.

AC can never win another tour but Nibali could. No wonder all the trendy mafia's vitriol seems to end up in this thread now...
The "trendy cycling mafia" is alive and kicking, their mission is to destroy all threads talking about the same thing, like a broken record.

Red Rick said:
Isn't this a paradox btw, Nibali wins the bet cyclist poll, but he's not the best male cyclist, ergo..........
OMG did you read what you just posted? :eek::rolleyes:

Nibs wants LBL :). He will win it before his career is over I'd bet! Certainly he will win a classic because he focuses on doing a mini peak for the spring classics :)

“Above all I want to win the Giro again and I’d love to win another Tour de France too, and, eventually, a classic. I’ve dreamt about it for a long time. If I had the choice, it would be Liège-Bastogne-Liège, a very attractive race, especially because of the Côte de Saint-Nicolas, the Italian climb," Nibali told Beligum's Sport Magazine. "I’ve always been in form for Liège and my results have only progressed. Two years ago, I came within a hair of the win and since then it’s almost become an obsession."

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/liege-bastogne-liege-almost-an-obsession-for-nibali

Curious to see how Nibali will do in the spring 2015. Last year he was really bad and that turned out to be perfect for a good peak at the Tour. Hopefully this year we will see the old Nibali who's riding for victory from february untill october..

Nibali: "I'm determined not to repeat the mistakes of last winter,
when for a number of reasons I wasn't able to train as I should
and I spent months catching up"

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/nibali-im-determined-not-to-repeat-the-mistakes-of-last-winter
B6JA99FIYAARRfG.jpg

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
rhubroma said:
Unfortunately for the Sicilian, unless Vino sends his henchmen to eliminate Contador and Froome, he won't win the Tour next year, unless they do full Paris Roubaix on the third stage.

Nibs fans read a lot of those negative posts last spring... ;)