Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 48 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 29, 2012
11,703
3
0
Vino attacks everyone said:
I leave this forum for a day, and people start blashpeme on the awesome one? leave this thread you ungodly unbelivers! :p
But when we compare him with vino, it's too much for you.

You gotta know what you want man ;)
 
Wiggo's donwplaying himself as top contender was a big lol anyway.
We need some trashtalking during the Giro :D

Not sure Nibbles can drop Wiggo on a climb honestly. His TT improvements and a couple of tricky attacks could be key if he really wanna stand a chance.
 
Carols said:
Bumping this up after today's Win :) I hope he hasn't used to much before LBL but great ride Nibs and nice win!!!! Chapeau!

Hoping his real peak isn't until mid-Giro :)
He's the boss, the man to beat in the Giro.

Don't think he's planning on doing much on LBL. His chances are close to zero anyway.
 
cineteq said:
He's the boss, the man to beat in the Giro.

Don't think he's planning on doing much on LBL. His chances are close to zero anyway.
What makes you think he stands no chance? He is obviously in good shape and came very close to winning it last year, so I don't see why he shouldn't be a factor.
 
Netserk said:
That's not a Vino '10 (and he didn't buy the race, but that is for another thread).

Win Trentino + winning in über awesome fashion in Liege + fading in the 3rd week of the Giro.
Well hopefully he knows how to gauge his effort in the Giro....if he doesn't hit his real peak until mid-Giro he will Boss them. The ITTs are of course worrisome :(
 
Aug 16, 2011
10,820
1
0
Wonderful win for Lo Squalo, he's having a great season. Is showing himself to be a much more improved rider then last year. And being one of the only guys that can beat the Skyborgs is a good boost of confidence. :D Looking forward to seeing him crush everyone in the Giro. I just hope he's not peaking too soon.
 
Afrank said:
Wonderful win for Lo Squalo, he's having a great season. Is showing himself to be a much more improved rider then last year. And being one of the only guys that can beat the Skyborgs is a good boost of confidence. :D Looking forward to seeing him crush everyone in the Giro. I just hope he's not peaking too soon.
Unfortunately I think there is a real risk of that :(

But I ofc hope he'll win Liege + Giro + Worlds :D
 
The Blues said:
He is obviously in good shape and came very close to winning it last year, so I don't see why he shouldn't be a factor.
That's one of the reasons why. He'll be marked big time. Plus there are a bunch of riders that have a better chance of winning it. Props to Nibali to have concentrated more on a race that suits him better like Trentino.

PS: Last year was perhaps the closest he'll ever get to winning LBL.
 
May 19, 2011
4,857
1
0
cineteq said:
That's one of the reasons why. He'll be marked big time. Plus there are a bunch of riders that have a better chance of winning it. Props to Nibali to have concentrated more on a race that suits him better like Trentino.

PS: Last year was perhaps the closest he'll ever get to winning LBL.
I disagree on this, last year he was running flat on the last KM then got caught. If he is in a superform, he can just repeat what he did last year dropping everyone on the climb. Judging from today stage, he seemed improved on his sustained power output. Plus he will have the strongest LBL team in the competition, Astana also have the defending champion, so the tactics team used will play a crucial role to decide whether Nibali will be in a winning position.
 
maxmartin said:
I disagree on this, last year he was running flat on the last KM then got caught. If he is in a superform, he can just repeat what he did last year dropping everyone on the climb. Judging from today stage, he seemed improved on his sustained power output. Plus he will have the strongest LBL team in the competition, Astana also have the defending champion, so the tactics team used will play a crucial role to decide whether Nibali will be in a winning position.
I hope I'm wrong :D
 
maxmartin said:
I disagree on this, last year he was running flat on the last KM then got caught. If he is in a superform, he can just repeat what he did last year dropping everyone on the climb. Judging from today stage, he seemed improved on his sustained power output. Plus he will have the strongest LBL team in the competition, Astana also have the defending champion, so the tactics team used will play a crucial role to decide whether Nibali will be in a winning position.

I thought the climb he launched on is removed from the race due to road works. The replacement climb leads to an easier finale which will not be to his advantage. Am I mistaken?

Astana has many cards to play regardless :)
 
cineteq said:
That's one of the reasons why. He'll be marked big time. Plus there are a bunch of riders that have a better chance of winning it. Props to Nibali to have concentrated more on a race that suits him better like Trentino.

PS: Last year was perhaps the closest he'll ever get to winning LBL.
He has a better chance of winning it than Froome who people seem to think can win. I don't think the course suits Froome at all. Mountains yes, hills no.
 
Great victory by Nibbles. He is such an amazingly consistent rider, with such a prolific range of terrific results. Still think Wiggins is the clear favourite for the Giro, as a good few days of racing for him too, but some bad luck with the mechanical. I am really looking forward to May for some epic battles!
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY