• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 569 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Rollthedice said:
Haven't seen it but by what you all are saying Liege is in the bag.

I'd take a Liegi instead of a Giro 100% !

Here's some bit of interview from cycling news http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/nibali-tests-his-legs-with-tour-of-the-alps-attack/

"I felt good and there was a chance to do something, so I went for it,"

"My attack was easy to see because my chain jumped when I was out of the saddle and everyone saw me go. But I decided to go for it and see what happened. Sivakov was struggling a bit because he'd made a big effort, but Majka was up for it and so was Geoghegan Hart,"

"Astana quickly got organised behind and so they closed us down. That's OK, despite being former teammates and friends, we're still rivals in the race. They've got Pello Bilbao who's on good form, and so they didn't want to lose any time."

"I've got the taste of blood in my mouth because it was a big effort in my first race back after the camp. But I'm happy, it's good to go deep at race speed," Nibali said.

"This is a good race to test your form. I'll also do Liège-Bastogne-Liège, which is a long day out. Here the stages are short, but that means the racing will be intense and explosive. That'll help me for the Giro d'Italia."

Re: Re:

tobydawq said:
Rollthedice said:

He will be destroyed by his former cobbles partner.

Birdsong? There are other more dangerous for the win. Anyway, I managed to watch his attack today and I must admit I haven't seen him in this shape at this point in time before a grand tour since Giro 2013. Hopefully it's a good sign and regardless of the outcome of LBL I'm pretty sure we'll see some action from Vincenzo.

Re: Re:

Rollthedice said:
tobydawq said:
Rollthedice said:

He will be destroyed by his former cobbles partner.

Birdsong? There are other more dangerous for the win. Anyway, I managed to watch his attack today and I must admit I haven't seen him in this shape at this point in time before a grand tour since Giro 2013. Hopefully it's a good sign and regardless of the outcome of LBL I'm pretty sure we'll see some action from Vincenzo.

I don't think so. Dan Martin maybe, but I'll still give the edge to Fuglsang. I think Alaphilippe is a little bit worse than in March and that may be punished in a hard-ridden Liège.

Edit: I was under the impression that Adam Yates would not be here. But it appears I was wrong. Then he is probably the biggest favourite.

Just watched his attack and I am pretty impressed. I understand the concern that he is peaking too early considering he hasn't been so good in preperation races in ages but then again has Nibali ever faded in the 3rd week of a gt? Really whenever he has already been good in preperation races that has never been a sign of peaking too early but more of simply having great shape. So...optimism...I guess?

Gigs_98 said:
Just watched his attack and I am pretty impressed. I understand the concern that he is peaking too early considering he hasn't been so good in preperation races in ages but then again has Nibali ever faded in the 3rd week of a gt? Really whenever he has already been good in preperation races that has never been a sign of peaking too early but more of simply having great shape. So...optimism...I guess?
I focus more on how Nibali is a guarantee for madness and insanity if he's doing great and needs to attack.

Gigs_98 said:

I might be wrong but every year during the time when he was crap while preparing GTs he managed to get at least one win, good for the morale before the start of GTs. Tour of the Alps maybe? Hope he doesn't dig too deep like in 2013 and get to Liege wasted.

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
We probably won't even see Monte Giovo, at least not the first part of the climb.

Slightly off topic, but how come they never use the Pennes? (And they aren't exactly overusing Giovo either). Thats one of the best combos I'd think.
Not part of the Dolomites/lack of big ski stations that are willing to pay for a mft.
That are is underused, just like all the climbs around Brixen.

I think Antonio will be there to help his brother in the Giro.

57750731-1307743329376229-4890435898518274048-o.jpg

TRENDING THREADS