• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 684 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I still have hope. I mean it's like it was yesterday when he was close to winning the Giro while obliterating Roglic uphill. And then even in the last ill-fated year he was decent in the WCRR against top competition while not quite in top shape. Slongo or no Slongo, he can't possibly be at his best in Tirreno. I really hope he will find a proper moment to attack in MSR, just to see him for a few seconds in front. Tour of the Alps and LBL will tell us more about what to expect in the Giro.

I still have hope. I mean it's like it was yesterday when he was close to winning the Giro while obliterating Roglic uphill. And then even in the last ill-fated year he was decent in the WCRR against top competition while not quite in top shape. Slongo or no Slongo, he can't possibly be at his best in Tirreno. I really hope he will find a proper moment to attack in MSR, just to see him for a few seconds in front. Tour of the Alps and LBL will tell us more about what to expect in the Giro.
As he said quoting the inimitable Bud Spencer: "One day you wake up and you realize someone is stronger than you."

Reactions: Sandisfan
I literally read he had it in the back after being 6th on GC going into the final stage and him taking out 5 other guys was just a formality.

Honestly, if Nibali read this thread he would probably think we are all a bunch of haters making fun of him.

I'm sure he does, otherwise there would have been no reason for him to finish in the top 10 in Tirreno. 11-20th position would have been just fine, but he knew he had to do something spectacular this year to impress his following and get their hopes up.

That would surprise me considering I've only ever seen like one or two interviews where Nibali tries to speak English and it wasn't pretty. It was with GCN I beleive.
Yeah that was hilarious. They were doing a training ride and some GCN member joined their team. He tried to talk to Vincenzo about something coffee related and you could see the disgust in Nibali's eyes for how that Englishman just talked about Italian coffee but he was totally unable to explain the problem.

Yeah that was hilarious. They were doing a training ride and some GCN member joined their team. He tried to talk to Vincenzo about something coffee related and you could see the disgust in Nibali's eyes for how that Englishman just talked about Italian coffee but he was totally unable to explain the problem.
"Nothing"

Now I think of it, even in that dream of mine in which Vincenzo randomly paid for my kebab he didn't say anything

TRENDING THREADS