• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 68 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The Hitch said:
I would not be surprised in the slightest if the 2014 (which starts in GB and aims to make GB the new centre of the sport) will have 0 mtfs and 100k of itt like last year.

Froome (Sky) vs Wiggins (Sky wolfpack) ftw.

Oh, forgot about that.:eek::(

Hopefully ASO will be satisfied with JTL bossing the Yorkshire stages and Cav winning the stage to london, and make it a bit more interesting, though I fear you may be right.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
The Hitch said:
I would not be surprised in the slightest if the 2014 (which starts in GB and aims to make GB the new centre of the sport) will have 0 mtfs and 100k of itt like last year.

Froome (Sky) vs Wiggins (Sky wolfpac) ftw.

then Andy will be most ****ed, probably can just call it a day for his career:D

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
The Hitch said:

Froome (Sky) vs Wiggins (Sky wolfpac) ftw.

Will Wiggins have to wear black and red.

Also expect Nibali to win the MTT.

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Netserk said:
IIRC he has 2 more years with Sky.

Back to Nibali:
How well do you think he'll do in the MTT? I think he'll win it :cool:

I'm still worried that his tough guy bravado he showed today by wearing short sleeves, no gloves etc might have an adverse effect in coming days

May 19, 2011
Visit site
whittashau said:
I'm still worried that his tough guy bravado he showed today by wearing short sleeves, no gloves etc might have an adverse effect in coming days

from Nibali

“I only took off my long-sleeve jersey with 7km to go on the climb,” Nibali said, as if explaining himself to an overbearing parent. “I was dressed lightly on the final climb because I was treating it like a time trial, but in any case, I suffered the cold in my feet rather than in my hands and arms.”

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Just watched the final climb. Very impressive from nibbles. Maybe the best I've seen him on a climb and I feel he could have won the stage easily if he had wanted to.

Kangert was also quite impressive on earlier on the climb.

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
whittashau said:
Kangert was also quite impressive on earlier on the climb.

Hope he gets the chance to ride as a team leader in some (one week) tour in this year. Would be interesting to see how he does.

As for Nibali, impressive and very nice of him giving the victory to Santambrogio.

TRENDING THREADS