• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 148 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
All we needed today was a bit of luck in the form of bad weather/ added road difficulty/danger and the shark had this. No one would have followed him - well, I can think of One other GC rider. :p

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
webbie146 said:
So? When on top form Nibali is one of the best climbers in the world :rolleyes:

Thats a problem,he is one of the best,not THE best.Froome and Contador are superior to him in terms of climbing.He is on the level of Valverde (probably a bit better) and that won't be enough to beat those 2 monsters in Tour

Its like saying,Sanchez or Menchov were perfect in climbing in 2010 but in comparison with Contador-Andy (Froome-Contador) they were weak.

He won't beat them unless he goes betserk on downhills or hillier stages imo.;)

conditions: no crashes,punctures or significant time losses on cobbles, all of those 4 riders will be in thei best form from last 2 seasons (dont consider Contador 2009 level etc.)

As a fan of this big balls guy,I hope he will be wild comes july:D

Encouraging riding today! The man has b*lls, I Love it!!!!

Meanwhile he says:
Le gambe girano bene! La determinazione e la cattiveria ci sono, ma..quest'anno la prima vittoria stagionale non arriva proprio!!Grrr

Google translated:
The legs run well! The determination and wickedness are there, but the first win of the season this year .. not just arrive! Grrr

He will get there soon :)

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Carols said:
Encouraging riding today! The man has b*lls, I Love it!!!!

Meanwhile he says:
Le gambe girano bene! La determinazione e la cattiveria ci sono, ma..quest'anno la prima vittoria stagionale non arriva proprio!!Grrr

Google translated:
The legs run well! The determination and wickedness are there, but the first win of the season this year .. not just arrive! Grrr

He will get there soon :)

Thanks for posting that, Carols. There are a lot of doubters as usual here, but he reminded me how confident he is in his skills. I remember last year when the majority of opinion was not about Nibali winning but about how much time would Nibali lose to Wiggins during the first ITT at the Giro. Look how that turned out.

"La determinazione e la cattiveria," is why we like watching Nibali. It's funny that he uses "Grrr" part too; did not know grrr was a universally used expression for frustration :D

As we know, Nibali does not do fear :D

Vino attacks everyone said:
who doesn't love South Park? :p

4657.hands.jpg

after 4153 shows? Lots I think.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Every show has it's haters. I still love South Park. I can rack all my favorite quotes up at anytime :p

anyhow. Back to Nibali. I'm curious to see how he does uphill in the main mountain stage.

Same here, while I think his move today and going solo is a good sign, the real tests of his form will come on the climbs and the TT's. After all that's where the Tour will be won.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Rollthedice said:
He trained so hard for the ITT that he forgot to climb properly. I didn't get the idea why he attacked today from so far out.

because by attacking, he can invoke Froom to see where Froom is, and to gauge himself against. That is just my guess maybe he just love attacking whether reasonable or not:p

May 19, 2011
Visit site
NaturalClen said:
he seems to heavy, way to bigger legs. seems to have the power but needs to lose 2-3 kg's till TdF

yep he definitely needs to shed weight, but not everyone can be Froom keep skeleton figure through out the season. most rider will select big target and working towards it.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Is it just me or is Nibali turning a massive gear uphill? If you see his attacks or when he tries to hang on it really seems he is doing it almost Gonchar style

he is, his cadence definitely is slower than last year giro