• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 157 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 19, 2011
Visit site
SeriousSam said:
maybe you're right and pessimism is getting the better of me. do you think come the tour, he's going to be at least as strong as his winning giro form?

I think he is definitely moving towards the right direction and he was never competitive in Dauphine before anyway. I hope he can even better his Giro form, so we can see a proper AC, VN and CF threesome lol

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Vino attacks everyone said:
I think one of the most important things for Nibali this Dauphine is that he is comfortable on the bike. His core strenght must be unbelivable, he barely moves his upper body at all :eek:

that is what I am saying the whole week, I don't think ever he was in the red zone in this dauphine and he did not need to. it is only a preparation race. He reminds me how Wiggins climb, hopefully that is not a very bad thing lol

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Parrulo said:
I love how the Italian champs always have the distance of a proper classic.

Anyway Nibs clearly is in 2013 Contador mode, nothing can be done and he will disappoint at the Tour. :(

Let's just wait he is back to his level in 2015

I think its just standard dauphine-nibali mode.He will be ready for the Tour,question is - will it be enough to match Contador/Froome/Valverde?

Parrulo said:
I love how the Italian champs always have the distance of a proper classic.

Anyway Nibs clearly is in 2013 Contador mode, nothing can be done and he will disappoint at the Tour. :(

Let's just wait he is back to his level in 2015
LaFlorecita syndrome? He's had a great progression thus far at the Dauphiné, no worries

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
cineteq said:
LaFlorecita syndrome? He's had a great progression thus far at the Dauphiné, no worries

He still has to show a lot. Other seasons he won here and there, this year he can't even reach the top 10 in the mountains.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Eclipse said:
I was more disappointed today. He had a lot of support for the move but in the end he had no legs on the final climb anyway.

Still, a month left to find them.

Dauphine is always a training race for him, just take a look at his history at this race. Wining this race is not even in his mind.:eek:

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Nibali just having a season like Contador last year. Had a bad winter, and it will continue all the year. So don't expect big results from him this yea and especially this Tour, i rate 4/5 riders higher then him.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Arredondo said:
Nibali just having a season like Contador last year. Had a bad winter, and it will continue all the year. So don't expect big results from him this yea and especially this Tour, i rate 4/5 riders higher then him.

TBH it's worse so far. At least Contador had podiumed a WT-race.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Vino attacks everyone said:
according to an intervju made yesterday he felt much better than on stage 2. Today was more of an off day rather than just bad shape.

But how much is this his real feeling, or just some sort of cover-up of deeper worries?

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
well, overall he didn't look good to contest with the two titans on July. He got looootss to do before TDF. Sure 2012 he made to 3rd with even worst result. But this year ain't 2012. Contador and Froome are a whole full class above Wiggins. And with Valverde in his splendid form, he'll have to fight harder just to get to 3rd place. Unless if Froome crumbles like today. :D

TRENDING THREADS