• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 160 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 19, 2011
Visit site
Vino attacks everyone said:
Its quite a new thing with Sky. Peak all year. Armstrong, Ullrich etc. Didn't do much outside the tour.

that is 2012, 2013, sky was not that good this year. Does that mean the other team are catching up with sky scientific training and marginal gains? LOL

maxmartin said:
that is 2012, 2013, sky was not that good this year. Does that mean the other team are catching up with sky scientific training and marginal gains? LOL

Until Wiggo 12 I remember that I found ACs 09 season to be pretty epic, winning alot of the races he participated in all year, not only a gc in a gt. Now though, I don't get impressed unless you do a TA, Catalunya, Basque, Romandie, Dauphine and tour in the same season :p

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Vino attacks everyone said:
Until Wiggo 12 I remember that I found ACs 09 season to be pretty epic, winning alot of the races he participated in all year, not only a gc in a gt. Now though, I don't get impressed unless you do a TA, Catalunya, Basque, Romandie, Dauphine and tour in the same season :p

obviously SKY did set up industry new high standard

Cimber said:
Fuglsang about Nibali: "What's going on in your head? Is nobody home?" (he also says A.Schleck will never be back on top).

https://translate.google.com/transl...foregar-der-oppe-i-hovedet-pa-dig/&edit-text=

Fuglsang has always has a big mouth. He shouldnt take about a team mate like that. Maybe Vino will have a chat with him

That is just disrespectful. Both, Schleck and Nibali deserve better than that. Even more so, cause Fuglsang did not have half of the accomplishments, Schleck and Nibali achieved.

I am fairly certain it is not meant as harshly as it could be interpreted (the things regarding Nibali). It is a - for some Danes at least - typical way of saying that he does not understand how Nibali can acknowledge that he is too fat one moment and then want to go for pizza the next. Remember that he underlines that he thinks he's a great guy who is just too dependent on his masseur Pallini.

He has criticized Andy's training moral and mentality before, and I am quite convinced they no longer talk that much (even though they probably still live in the same neighbourhood). Fuglsang said last year that he had a really hard time getting Andy to go on training rides with him anymore and that he didn't seem very invested in cycling any longer (they used to train together).

Huh, google translate controversy. It's a *** fashion magazine and the issue with the interview is not out yet. That short news piece goes for max exposure with quotes out of context. At least that's how it appears.

I don't know but anyway it has always seemed like Nibali and Fuglsang have a good relation in races and outside of races.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
trevim said:
Nibali will at least. I thought Fugslang and Andy were friends?

That doesn't mean Fuglsang is not allowed to be honest. It doesn't surprise me at all that Andy's friends think like that about him. While Andy is performing like ****, Fuglsang is making the most of his career; that TdF top ten last year was way above expectations. Same goes for Nibali this year, although still a few levels above Andy ofc.

Pentacycle said:
That doesn't mean Fuglsang is not allowed to be honest. It doesn't surprise me at all that Andy's friends think like that about him. While Andy is performing like ****, Fuglsang is making the most of his career; that TdF top ten last year was way above expectations. Same goes for Nibali this year, although still a few levels above Andy ofc.

And arguably above Fuglsang himself.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Cimber said:
Fuglsang about Nibali: "What's going on in your head? Is nobody home?" (he also says A.Schleck will never be back on top).

https://translate.google.com/transl...foregar-der-oppe-i-hovedet-pa-dig/&edit-text=

Fuglsang has always has a big mouth. He shouldnt take about a team mate like that. Maybe Vino will have a chat with him

Fugslang is an @sshole, sorry but that's the only way I can describe him. Saying stupid things like this is why I don't like him. He needs to shut up with talking about private matters and things about his teammates.

Hopefully Vino has a "little talk" with him, that's one way to make sure it stops once and for all. ;)

May 28, 2012
Visit site
SafeBet said:
And arguably above Fuglsang himself.

Fuglsang is paid accordingly... he is not expected to perform better than a 4M€/y rider. However, he feels that his domestique work is all in vain, best example was him dropping his leader on the last Dauphiné stage. It remains to be seen whether Nibali will do better than 7th in the coming Tour.

Afrank said:
Fugslang is an @sshole, sorry but that's the only way I can describe him. Saying stupid things like this is why I don't like him. He needs to shut up with talking about private matters and things about his teammates.

In those out-of-context qoutes from the web news piece he says that Nibali is a great guy and a fantastic cyclist but that he finds it odd that some dude has to coach him about his food.

About Schleck he says that he don't think he will get back again.

YEAH GUYS WHAT A JERK he's like Hinault, Froome, Greg Henderson, Gert Jan Theunisse and Stuart O'Grady all in one dude.

Afrank said:
Hopefully Vino has a "little talk" with him, that's one way to make sure it stops once and for all. ;)

Yeah, like a handwritten letter like Vino sent to Nibali.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
ciranda said:
In those out-of-context qoutes from the web news piece he says that Nibali is a great guy and a fantastic cyclist but that he finds it odd that some dude has to coach him about his food.

About Schleck he says that he don't think he will get back again.

YEAH GUYS WHAT A JERK he's like Hinault, Froome, Greg Henderson, Gert Jan Theunisse and Stuart O'Grady all in one dude.

Fugslang has a history of saying stupid things that should be kept private between him and his team/teammates. I'd like to read the context behind the quotes, but no matter what the context is behind them I have little doubt the quotes would still be insulting and disrespectful.

And you do realize you are quoting out of context from what we have of his interview? He says more then just Nibali is a good guy and that he doesn't think Schleck will be back.

Afrank said:
Fugslang has a history of saying stupid things that should be kept private between him and his team/teammates. I'd like to read the context behind the quotes, but no matter what the context is behind them I have little doubt the quotes would still be insulting and disrespectful.

And you do realize you are quoting out of context from what we have of his interview? He says more then just Nibali is a good guy and that he doesn't think Schleck will be back.

I don't think Vino is the type to get super agitated because one of his riders says something in public about another.

I mean, it could be argued that Fuglsang would be out of line if it was just rants and insults. If he was going on about how annoying it is to listen to his team mate practice on the harmonica and stuff. This is hardly like that and it's a short excerpt anyway where they picked quotes deliberately so as to stir controversy.

But yeah, I agree it would suck if it turns out to be endless complaints and insults. I don't think it will and I don't agree Fuglsang has a history of insulting people, except maybe Johan Bruyneel and the story about TDF two years ago, and as mentioned everything points to a good relation between Fuglsang and Nibali.

Plus by the way it is genuinely interesting and strange that Nibali has a dude around who's in charge of what he eats. I'm sure Italian media wants that story.

ciranda said:
I don't think Vino is the type to get super agitated because one of his riders says something in public about another.

I mean, it could be argued that Fuglsang would be out of line if it was just rants and insults. If he was going on about how annoying it is to listen to his team mate practice on the harmonica and stuff. This is hardly like that and it's a short excerpt anyway where they picked quotes deliberately so as to stir controversy.

But yeah, I agree it would suck if it turns out to be endless complaints and insults. I don't think it will and I don't agree Fuglsang has a history of insulting people, except maybe Johan Bruyneel and the story about TDF two years ago, and as mentioned everything points to a good relation between Fuglsang and Nibali.

Plus by the way it is genuinely interesting and strange that Nibali has a dude around who's in charge of what he eats. I'm sure Italian media wants that story.

I don't really think it's that strange. He wouldn't be the first pro athlete to do so. Plenty of NBA players have a private cook deciding what they should or should not eat for instance.

I feel for Nibbles though. You don't know what it means to be from Sicily and being forced to avoid most of the wonderful food they have, especially sweets.

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Birdsong should STFU already. If he has problems with Nibs he should tell him in person. Not go to some news paper and whine like a little ***** behind his back.

webbie146 said:
Birdsong should STFU already. If he has problems with Nibs he should tell him in person. Not go to some news paper and whine like a little ***** behind his back.

Did he go to the newspaper or did the newspaper come to him and request an interview? Did he initiate this conversation or did they ask certain questions that he was answering? Come on we know how the media works. It is their job to stir up controversy, to keep people talking about nothing. Let's wait for the full story to come out before we say that he went to the newspaper to whine, ect...

TRENDING THREADS