• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 169 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Somebody forgot about a letter in may

Somebody didn't forget to read his share of tabloid magazines I see...

to repeat it for the x million time. The letter was sent to EVERYONE in the team (except the giro guys like Aru I belive) and said that they had not done as good as they had hoped for, but that everyone should continue training har and professionally and belive in what they were doing.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Somebody forgot about a letter in may

I will repeat what i said last time. Vino and Nibali have no problems. As others are saying there might be feud between the Italian and Kazakh side, sure.

markene2 said:
For the last time, Vino never sent a letter to Nibali, he sent an email to all the team members after the spring campaign.

“In late March, after a Spring racing campaign that provided fewer successful results than expected, I sent an email to all riders and staff at Astana Pro Team to motivate and encourage everyone not to lose hope, and to continue training at the highest level,” said Vinkourov.

So in short, there was never any feud going on!

And Nibali will animate this years tour, im sure of it!

May 19, 2011
Visit site
"I knew I had the form to win and taking the yellow jersey means I've now worn all three Grand Tour leader's jerseys after wearing the red jersey at the Vuelta a Espana and the pink jersey at the Giro d'Italia. I think only Alberto Contador has done that in the modern of Italian cycling."

Is this true? Did someone else has worn three leader jerseys?

maxmartin said:
"I knew I had the form to win and taking the yellow jersey means I've now worn all three Grand Tour leader's jerseys after wearing the red jersey at the Vuelta a Espana and the pink jersey at the Giro d'Italia. I think only Alberto Contador has done that in the modern of Italian cycling."

I dunno.I do know that Alberto is the only one to wear all three as the winner since Hinault though :)

maxmartin said:

I think Wiggo has worn them all though he is not Italian

maxmartin said:
Did W wear pink at some point? Or is it another way Nibali to belittle dear Wiggins? LOL

Looked it up. Wiggo won the 2010 opening TT of the Giro. So the last 'wearer' of all 3 was Wiggo and of course Alberto who Won all three.

Nibs may be a winner of all three at some point. Not this year though I don't think. Wow that is rare company, can count them on 1 hand!

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Carols said:
Looked it up. Wiggo won the 2010 opening TT of the Giro. So the last 'wearer' of all 3 was Wiggo and of course Alberto who Won all three.

Nibs may be a winner of all three at some point. Not this year though I don't think. Wow that is rare company, can count them on 1 hand!

nah this is Nibali year, If he couldn't win this year, most likely he will forget about winning Tour, instead focus on Grio and Vuelta, and maybe come to the Tour for stage hunting.

maxmartin said:
nah this is Nibali year, If he couldn't win this year, most likely he will forget about winning Tour, instead focus on Grio and Vuelta, and maybe come to the Tour for stage hunting.

I don't think he'll give up especially if he podiums. He hasn't reached his maximum capabilities yet, still on a slow climb to it :) He didn't come out of the blocks with the brilliance of a Hinault, LeMond, Contador. Rather a slow and steady progression. But I don't think this year he'll hit his lifetime top, that is still to come :)

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Kwibus said:
I know, but I was wondering if maxmartin actually thought so as well. My bad, problem is that I can't stray these forums every day anymore.

Not sure if that really is a problem though :D

I am joking and teasing with del1962, most likely Nibali forgot W has worn all three jersey. But who knows? :p:D

TRENDING THREADS