• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 460 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
If he can win this GT I think that would really add something to his legacy, up to this point I think he's been missing that win over Contador/Froome (and possibly Quintana in a couple of years.) It's going to be really really close and is certainly achievable.

Re:

Matteo. said:
Despite the excellent result achieved today, I am convinced that Nibali has to try something in the coming stages. froome may be "dying" but waiting for angliru to recover a minute is too risky

Yes I think it would be a mistake luckily someone called Contador will stir things up before then..........Froome is looking tired. Nieve looked like he was going for a ride in the park.

Re: Re:

movingtarget said:
Matteo. said:
Despite the excellent result achieved today, I am convinced that Nibali has to try something in the coming stages. froome may be "dying" but waiting for angliru to recover a minute is too risky

Yes I think it would be a mistake luckily someone called Contador will stir things up before then..........Froome is looking tired. Nieve looked like he was going for a ride in the park.

It was quite telling that Poels lost only 7s at the end to Froome although dropped his dom duties already around 3km before the finnish. I think Nieve could've gone much faster.

Rollthedice said:
Matteo. said:

Of course and I'm sure he will. But Angliru is the only place were his team can't do much for Froome.

I'm actually bit afraid about tomorrow, the end of the stage is much better for Froome than Nibs. Hope no drawbacks, even small.

Re:

movingtarget said:
Froome has shown that he has a big capacity to recover quickly. I think it's going to be very tight.
It looks crucial that Nibali's team drives a huge pace in these next two days. They can't help him much on stage 20 anyway, so surely they have to give everything to make these rolling Cantabrian and Asturian stages really demanding. And the terrain is there to make them really tough like hilly classics. They should make sure that no-one can recover properly from today and yesterday and so that when anyone cracks on Angliru it's going to be a big one.

Rollthedice said:
Matteo. said:

Of course and I'm sure he will. But Angliru is the only place were his team can't do much for Froome.
That's right.

but it is also true that nibali is not so superior to everyone to allow you to wait for Angliru. today he was unable to keep the pace of contador. he then tried to drop Kerlderman and Zaka without success. it's good and strong but not so much he can risk everything waiting for Angliru

Matteo. said:
Rollthedice said:
Matteo. said:

That's right.

but it is also true that nibali is not so superior to everyone to allow you to wait for Angliru. today he was unable to keep the pace of contador. he then tried to drop Kerlderman and Zaka without success. it's good and strong but not so much he can risk everything waiting for Angliru
Pretty sure he dropped Kelderman. And the Angliru theoretically suits him more. But overall I agree

Brullnux said:
Matteo. said:
Rollthedice said:
Matteo. said:

That's right.

Pretty sure he dropped Kelderman. And the Angliru theoretically suits him more. But overall I agree

Yes. He did drop Kelderman and actually also Zac for a short while. Zac was able to ride back to him.

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
someone say than also Nibali is thin , look he is 7 cm shorther than froome , and historically in cold weather he is a monster look 2013 tre cime di lavaredo underthe snow

Re:

telencefalus said:
someone say than also Nibali is thin , look he is 7 cm shorther than froome , and historically in cold weather he is a monster look 2013 tre cime di lavaredo underthe snow
Them arms though:
201407221981-full.jpg

TRENDING THREADS