• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 461 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The problem for Nibali is that I think his disadvantage is too big if he only gains more time on the angliru. It's theoretically possible but I don't see it happening. After all, the steep part of the Angliru is even shorter than todays final climb and attacking before that is suicide against the sky train. If he finds a few seconds tomorrow everything is possible but if not I think he needs to make a long range attack on Saturday if he is serious about winning.

Anyway, I'd find it kinda funny if he ends up winning by less than the margin he gained due to the two Froome crashes in the 2nd week, just for the voodoo meme to stay alive.

Re:

telencefalus said:
the arms of Nibali are nowwhere the arms of Froome in 2015 i was thinking that they were breaking by themselves
Froome's arms look bigger than Nibali's here:
bettiniphoto_0215624_1_full_1_670.jpg

Nibali appears less skinny than Froome because he has such a good style on the bike, whereas Froome is all gangly and limby looking likes he trying to ride a bucking bull.

Re:

telencefalus said:
many thanks these are froome arms before tour de france 2015
CF-e1436206022932-600x608.jpg
His arms look the same as Nibali's but I looking at his veins it is clear that Froome is skinnier than he should be compared to Nibali, i.e. Nibali's weight are in proportion to his body type (narrow shoulders) but Froome is skinnier than someone with his body type should be.

Re:

telencefalus said:
hello excuse me , this forum go pretty laggy , it's my pc fault so to me is better to quick reply than edit , hope you understand

Excuse my directness, but no, I don't understand.

It is incredibly annoying for the hundreds of users who use this site every hour when you fill the comments with short, badly written posts which sound as if you are literally writing your thoughts as they enter your head.

I really don't want to be mean or rude, but please think about what you want to say, write it all out in one post and then edit it if you want to change it.

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
Re: Re:

Ruby United said:
telencefalus said:
hello excuse me , this forum go pretty laggy , it's my pc fault so to me is better to quick reply than edit , hope you understand

It is incredibly annoying for the hundreds of users who use this site every hour when you fill the comments with short, badly written posts which sound as if you are literally writing your thoughts as they enter your head.

I really don't want to be mean or rude, but please think about what you want to say, write it all out in one post and then edit it if you want to change it.
excuse me but as i said if i do just a post , it will contain things that are not related and because my pc is not very good that the risk that the internet page close himself because internet is not working and i lose all the post so hope you understand

Re: Re:

telencefalus said:
Ruby United said:
telencefalus said:

excuse me but as i said if i do just a post , it will contain things that are not related and because my pc is not very good that the risk that the internet page close himself because internet is not working and i lose all the post so hope you understand
Well, I don't understand..... and that's a problem.

Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=31010

I will not allow off topic comments to continue being posted.

It seems like you're overly rambunctious with your comments and need to get it under control. When you post short, choppy nonsense people view it as trolling, including me. If I think you're trolling then you have a problem if you want to continue posting on this site.

Please, pull it together.

Cheers :)

Nibali may not be at his very best, but he's still pretty good and what is important, he's pacing himself very well - today, yesterday in the TT - actually during pretty much all of the stages. That's his racing smarts (+ an extra lesson learnt at this year's Giro).

Re:

Jagartrott said:
Nibali may not be at his very best, but he's still pretty good and what is important, he's pacing himself very well - today, yesterday in the TT - actually during pretty much all of the stages. That's his racing smarts (+ an extra lesson learnt at this year's Giro).

Indeed.

I hope he has done the same for 3 weeks overall and has his best kicks yet to come.

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
it will be interesting to ask Nibali if he thinks that is condition is better at la vuelta than in the giro , i think he is better in this gt , this will debunk the fact that everybody at la vuelta are more tired than at giro

Re:

Jagartrott said:

I think he's at his best of what he is capable at this time in his career and his age. He's major strength now is endurance rather than megawatts. Maybe with his heart and head he can squeeze 1-2 percent more on the decisive slopes of Angliru.

“Tremendous, a real climb. It’s like Zoncolan in Italy or the Bola do mundo here in Spain – says Vincenzo Nibali in the fog of the arrival of stage 17 – it’s hard to forget about this ascent to Los Machucos “.
“At the beginning, I did not feel great, but getting up I found a good pace. In the final with Ilnur Zakarin we insisted and managed to retrieve forty seconds. Froome is fine and has a great team with him, but there are still a couple of difficult stages and I will try to win”

I don't know how good the forecast is in this part of the world but in the village at the foot of the Angliru (Porció) it's supposed to be 14 to 17 degrees with an 80 to 90% chance of rain on Saturday. If Froome is suffering/fading this could really give him the rest. And we all know that Nibali delivered great performances in the wet and cold.
All things considered, I think Nibali has a realistic chance for the win again.

TRENDING THREADS