• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 540 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
oh-noes-everybody-panic.gif~c200

Some definitive answer in Toscana prolly, looks grim though.

Nibali to Gazzetta dello Sport: "I don't have the form to win or make a difference in the World Championships. Then maybe you will put me in the favourites giving four, five stars or also the comet star. But I am tired of this situation. I feel good in health, but you saw my condition there"

Yesterday I've understood why Cassani is tranquillo, he has the secret nazi weapon ready to be unleashed, he only need to hope he won't assault or punch someone in the process, yesterday he has multiple arguments with his break companions because they didn't pull how much he wanted even if they were morning break residuals with probably nothing left in the tank.

I had a bad feeling about this whole situation from the start so i expected this to be the outcome.
I can only hope the part about his health is the truth and that he rides painfree. I sometimes get the idea he s still in pain on steep gradients but that might just be me. That ds gorad strqnglejszzzz or whatever his name is should be fired anyway. When nibali was talking about he was scared for the future this guy managed to run to the press to say nibs should stfu because they were in the process of renewing sponsors. This is really scary as this implies they want nibs to lie about his health. Why on earth do you even put his back full of bidons now???
I hope he finds motivation for some other goals next year but i m afraid this wont be easy...LBL could be one but it just not hard enough for him to win it.
Antonio only got a contract extension for one year too.

Re:

Laplaz said:
Nibali to Gazzetta dello Sport: "I don't have the form to win or make a difference in the World Championships. Then maybe you will put me in the favourites giving four, five stars or also the comet star. But I am tired of this situation. I feel good in health, but you saw my condition there"

:( :( :( I guess he won't even be the team lead for Italy :(

Indeed, Vincenzo didn't show supreme form in this Vuelta. However, could you guys give him a little break? He could just be playing mind games right now. We can't know for absolutely anyone whether he will be competitive in Innsbruck. I am sure, though, that his form is improving. We are yet to see if he will be good enough. Just have patience and wait for the race. :)

Re:

Ivan_Basso_77 said:
Indeed, Vincenzo didn't show supreme form in this Vuelta. However, could you guys give him a little break? He could just be playing mind games right now. We can't know for absolutely anyone whether he will be competitive in Innsbruck. I am sure, though, that his form is improving. We are yet to see if he will be good enough. Just have patience and wait for the race. :)

I doubt he is playing games. We all saw what he has day after day and it isn't even 70% form :(. The man had a back operation and is still in recovery. We hoped for a lot, he hoped for a lot. We didn't see it in this race.

He is supposed to ride 2 more one day races before Worlds so that will show if his condition is going up high enough to have any expectations.

In the meantime the idiot with the camera should be found and Punished.

Re: Re:

Carols said:
Ivan_Basso_77 said:

I doubt he is playing games. We all saw what he has day after day and it isn't even 70% form :(. The man had a back operation and is still in recovery. We hoped for a lot, he hoped for a lot. We didn't see it in this race.

He is supposed to ride 2 more one day races before Worlds so that will show if his condition is going up high enough to have any expectations.

In the meantime the idiot with the camera should be found and Punished.

I didn't mean the performance as much as his interview to Gazzetta. IMO, if he doesn't believe he can do well, he won't even start.

I do agree about that idiot though...

Re:

Oliver said:
Sad news. No Olympics because of a crash and now not even a chance for the WC because of another crash.
2018 what a bad season :cry: only MSR .
I hope next year he comes back strong from the beginning!
There is still Lombardia. And I wouldn't count him out of the WC already now. Where was he before Sanremo? That's my little last hope to see Vincenzo competitive in Innsbruck.

TRENDING THREADS