• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 650 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Am I the only one to think that today could be a good stage for Vincenzo? Lots of climbing, lots of descending, long(er) stage, no steep walls, room for an ambush.
As I wrote in the stage thread, I feel this is an underrated stage. Tomorrow is an easy day, I don't see why someone should not try something
. Of course there is the final flat, but how many domestiques will still be there if you ride it hard?

Am I the only one to think that today could be a good stage for Vincenzo? Lots of climbing, lots of descending, long(er) stage, no steep walls, room for an ambush.
As I wrote in the stage thread, I feel this is an underrated stage. Tomorrow is an easy day, I don't see why someone should not try something
. Of course there is the final flat, but how many domestiques will still be there if you ride it hard?
Could be but this is the sort of stage where anyone could win or lose really.

Reactions: gregrowlerson
Mosca has been really good in the last few days but he is more of a punchy climber. Same for Conci. Antonio has been better than I expected prior to the race.
Ciccone is slowly getting better but Brambilla is fading. One of both needs to step up in the 3rd week.
As Rick said: In a group of 50-60 riders they have the complete team left. In a group of 30 riders they might have one helper left. In a group of 20 riders Nibali is isolated.

Trek should follow NTTs and Astanas example and send riders up the road.

"When will the memes end"

It's Senza Fine

Bag Senza fine

tb-1000x1000-small-pad-750x1000-f8f8f8.jpg

Mosca has been really good in the last few days but he is more of a punchy climber. Same for Conci. Antonio has been better than I expected prior to the race.
Ciccone is slowly getting better but Brambilla is fading. One of both needs to step up in the 3rd week.
As Rick said: In a group of 50-60 riders they have the complete team left. In a group of 30 riders they might have one helper left. In a group of 20 riders Nibali is isolated.

Trek should follow NTTs and Astanas example and send riders up the road.
I'm not really sure they're good enough to even get in the break.

Luckily for Nibali NTT is making the race hard, otherwise everybody would be getting to the second weekend on the sofa.

TRENDING THREADS