• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 666 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The new stage 20 is a balls. But for days I've thought it was all in on the Stelvio anyway. The only thing that will stop Nibs attacking will be if he's struggling.
Am I the only one thinking that most riders are going to be dead tired by stage 20 and that there might be big gaps there?

The new stage 20 is a balls. But for days I've thought it was all in on the Stelvio anyway. The only thing that will stop Nibs attacking will be if he's struggling.
Am I the only one thinking that most riders are going to be dead tired by stage 20 and that there might be big gaps there?

They will be tired but not crazily so. If today had been ridden harder then it would be a different story.

Our faith was tested but we did not falter. Nibali won´t fail us. For he is the shark in the water. Always tranquillo.

Wait for the first rain drop on the botton of the Stelvio. When the peleton is freezing and rain turns into snow the choosen one will rise and silence his doubters.

It's time to replace the top plant with something else

ETogtQPWkAE-rBI.jpg

Antonio to repeat his thermo-nuclear performance from mount Fuji 2016 on the Stelvio.

The day to turn the page. Whatever happens he should go all out and have no remorse after the stage. Maybe he'll get to experience the unnamed feeling in pink once again.

Yeah lol, reminiscent of Contador in the Tour de France whenever he was coming off the Giro.
Similar but different, primary difference being Nibali basically probably pushing the same power as last year but suddenly he's minutes off the pace.

Sad thing, but I'll wait until 2021 to compeltely write Nibali off. Not that I'll expect him to suddenly roll back the years, but dropping 3 minutes to Wilco Kelderman isn't age.

TRENDING THREADS