• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 685 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I'm aghast that people aren't taking this seriously. Nibali is in decent shape. He most likely sand-bagged TA, letting Wout and MVP wear themselves out. Incoming attack on the Poggio. Wout (I'm a gt rider) and MVP look at each other saying I don't need to chase that old geezer, he's past it. Boom.
Living the dream.
In reality, I'm sure he can put up a solid performance, but with this field he's just got no chance of winning. He might make the front group and then get dead last in that sprint or something like that.

I'm aghast that people aren't taking this seriously. Nibali is in decent shape. He most likely sand-bagged TA, letting Wout and MVP wear themselves out. Incoming attack on the Poggio. Wout (I'm a gt rider) and MVP look at each other saying I don't need to chase that old geezer, he's past it. Boom.
Living the dream.

He attacked on Poggio five times during his career, in 2011,12,16,18 and 2020. Can he do it again?

In an interview with RAI right before the race today, Nibali answered harshly to a question regarding the reasons of the "divorce" from Slongo, saying that the question was out of place

Good. Maybe he gets angry, extra motivation for today. Slongo spoke very briefly about the separation, said it was Nibali's decision and he respects it but no further comments. On personal level not yet signs of bad blood.

Guercilena said nibali had a problem with his bike so he decided to help stuyven. I knew there had to be something because with his current form he should have finished in the first group.
Yeah he was actually looking decent until he disappeared just before the Poggio. He was always near the front on the Cipressa and made the first group after the split on the descent. So it makes sense that he had a mechanical or something like that. Looking at the size of the group going over the Poggio he probably would have been there too, but anyway, even if you had put him in Stuyvens position on the Poggio descent he likely still doesn't win so I'm not overly salty.

Reactions: Lui98
Yeah he was actually looking decent until he disappeared just before the Poggio. He was always near the front on the Cipressa and made the first group after the split on the descent. So it makes sense that he had a mechanical or something like that. Looking at the size of the group going over the Poggio he probably would have been there too, but anyway, even if you had put him in Stuyvens position on the Poggio descent he likely still doesn't win so I'm not overly salty.
So he wasn't there but helped anyway?

V O O D O O

TRENDING THREADS