• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 688 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Well, damn. I guess 3rd Giro win just isn't meant to happen.

In 2016 Scarponi had a broken collarbone in Tirreno Adriatico and then he was in super form in the Giro, but now there is no time for recovery.

Best of luck and show us once again your character and determination, Vincenzo. Your road as a cycling legend can't end like this!

Reactions: Sandisfan
Can't he train again quite soon on a stationary trainer?

Today afternoon, the one hour surgery was successful. As for what it means here's some translation from www.revistamundociclistico.com where a doc gives his impression:

The recovery time for this type of fracture for an ordinary person is 30 days with the application of a plaster that guarantees the immobility of the arm, seeking the consolidation of the fracture"
But, added Patiño , " In this case of Nibali surely a procedure called osteosynthesis is used that includes the placement of a metal plate with screws that guarantees the union of the two parts of the bone and immobility."
Regarding the time needed to recover, he stated: “ Nibali must have at least 8 days without being able to train on the road , possibly he can do some simulation, but this process cannot be accelerated and to prove it is the case of the Spanish motorcyclist Márquez.

Today afternoon, the one hour surgery was successful. As for what it means here's some translation from www.revistamundociclistico.com where a doc gives his impression:

The recovery time for this type of fracture for an ordinary person is 30 days with the application of a plaster that guarantees the immobility of the arm, seeking the consolidation of the fracture"
But, added Patiño , " In this case of Nibali surely a procedure called osteosynthesis is used that includes the placement of a metal plate with screws that guarantees the union of the two parts of the bone and immobility."
Regarding the time needed to recover, he stated: “ Nibali must have at least 8 days without being able to train on the road , possibly he can do some simulation, but this process cannot be accelerated and to prove it is the case of the Spanish motorcyclist Márquez.
They also said that He can start but probably not as leader. The antibiotics and time off and the stressful requirements of the training will limit his performance. So even if he do it he would have to redirect the focus.

Well, I've been crying for a few days.
We will have the Giro without The Legend that managed to win the marvellous Tdf 2014 (wait a second..., Contador..., Dawg..., what has hapenned?) and finally crushed Rafal the hero Majka on few stages.
Yeah, the legend.

To be fair, i didn’t expect him to win the Giro this year, there will be a lot of good contenters. But it’s sad if he won’t be there because I really want him to take at least 1 stage win @ Giro & Tour this year. The Olympics is the big goal!

I still hope he can manage to do the Giro, it’s not a problem when he doesn’t go for the overall standings.
Otherwise Dauphine or Suisse before the Tour, as preparation for the olympics is okay to.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS