• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 689 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
As an aside... damn he looks fine in this photo.

3gKRLc4q6XkXGxYRUjMzNC-1024-80.jpeg.webp

Just watched some old highlights from the Ardennes races and I honestly feel like it's a pity he won't be there. I don't think he could have got a win there but he has so often initiated the moves that made those races. Remember a few years ago when a break initiated by Nibali almost managed to pull off a late breakaway win in FW, if not for Lotto who pulled them back in order for Wellens to get destroyed on the Mur. Still salty about that. He wouldn't have won that race anyway, but I don't care. Nibali in one day races is just always a joy to watch.

good to see. good face color despite ...the food (ibidem, Red Rick "food observations"):D
After all he didn't break a femur and, luckily, the toll on his body and mind should be lesser.

only a small hole in the bag.....

The bag will be fixed with some screws. As for that Fleche, Alaphilippe wasn't quite happy when he crossed the line first, he thought Nibali won. True.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Just watched some old highlights from the Ardennes races and I honestly feel like it's a pity he won't be there. I don't think he could have got a win there but he has so often initiated the moves that made those races. Remember a few years ago when a break initiated by Nibali almost managed to pull off a late breakaway win in FW, if not for Lotto who pulled them back in order for Wellens to get destroyed on the Mur. Still salty about that. He wouldn't have won that race anyway, but I don't care. Nibali in one day races is just always a joy to watch.

I was just about to throw a tantrum until I read the last two lines.

Poor Schachmann.

Bionic arm part two:

Trek-Segafredo physician Emilio Magni: “The brace was modeled on the grip between the hand and the handlebar to allow Nibali to ride the bike. This is the aspect at the center of our evaluation to understand the real possibilities of Vincenzo to face competition in safety.
“On Thursday is scheduled a visit with the surgeon who operated on him, Dr Tami, who will remove the stitches and give a medical feedback one week after surgery. We have also scheduled an X-ray to better understand how the recomposition of the fracture is progressing.

“After Thursday’s visit, we will be able to think about the next step, which is to allow Vincenzo to train consistently on his home trainer and then on the road. It will be a gradual process that, in addition to the medical indication, will take into high consideration the feelings of the rider. I think it is still premature to hypothesize a timing for the decision on Vincenzo’s presence at the Giro. We continue to have hope and to do the impossible to succeed, but the road is still uphill.”

"It can't be reasoned with, it can't be bargained with. It doesn't feel pity of remorse or fear and it absolutely will not stop. Ever. "
Robosqualo sounds better to me, but whatever.
It does have a nice ring to it but the only thing I ever want to read after "Robo" is "Basso"

Also all this talk reminds me of this gem:
91vhitgzFhL._SL1500_.jpg

I suppose this foreshadows the surprising battle for the giro win between mecha Vincenzo and mega Antonio?

Stop all the bag nonsense, he'll fill yours too when he come back. Suddenly had the urge to rewatch all his big wins - and some losses - today (I skipped 2014 Tour though), and boy isn't Vincenzo a champion? San Remo will always be my favorite, along with that Mosquera time, but I have to admit the Angliru showdown with Horner which was not pleasing when live is kind of funny now.

Stop all the bag nonsense, he'll fill yours too when he come back. Suddenly had the urge to rewatch all his big wins - and some losses - today (I skipped 2014 Tour though), and boy isn't Vincenzo a champion? San Remo will always be my favorite, along with that Mosquera time, but I have to admit the Angliru showdown with Horner which was not pleasing when live is kind of funny now.

I've been watching the Vuelta 2010 a lot recently - him beating Purito on Valdepenas murito and Bola del Mundo - and 2016 and 2017 Giros. The Risoul stage will remain in my memory forever. R.I.P. Michele.

TRENDING THREADS