• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 693 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
It's not necessarily a bad thing, considering that Vincenzo has never won a GT in which Antonio participated.
I'm sure you guys can dig up a LOTR reference about someone being stronger without their brother or something similar.
Or maybe he will be on a quest to avenge the murder non-selection of his brother.

Reactions: Sandisfan
2016: Mark "The Shark" Selby wins the Snooker World Championship final (refereed by Paul Collier) and Vincenzo Nibali wins the Giro

2021: Mark "The Shark" Selby wins the Snooker World Championship final (refereed by Paul Collier)...

I don't really want to mention anything about bags, but it's pretty hard not to.
Holy fukcing ***

Andy Murray is gonna win Wimbledon :hearteyes:

Kim Andersen, DS for the Giro:

“In our winter plan, he was the GC leader, but the crash changed everything. We’ll understand his ambitions as we go along. For us, it is important to know that he is there. Vincenzo has class, experience, grit, and a very strong bond with the race. His determination is an added value without equal. He must pass the first week without problems, and then it will be a crescendo. Week three is his terrain. He can aim for the stages, or he can surprise everyone and fight for the GC, although the competition from the new generation will be very strong. Vincenzo’s goal is to race free.”

More about the team here: https://racing.trekbikes.com/storie...ur-guide-to-the-trek-segafredo-2021-giro-team

Reactions: Carols and johnymax
2016: Mark "The Shark" Selby wins the Snooker World Championship final (refereed by Paul Collier) and Vincenzo Nibali wins the Giro

2021: Mark "The Shark" Selby wins the Snooker World Championship final (refereed by Paul Collier)...

I don't really want to mention anything about bags, but it's pretty hard not to.

It's in the pocket?

Can't wait to see your not so serious posts then.
Remco to get an unassailable lead in stage 1 of the giro. Remco to attack so hard in stage 2 that he takes flight off course and gets dq'ed. During the flight, Remco knocks the trofeo senza fine into Nibali's bag.
Froome to wake up one morning in July and win the tour de france. Pog and Rog are reduced to sprinting for a stage win on the Champs.
Bala to announce he's never retiring, there's at least 1000 more top tens in him.

Before the final verdict that he can start the Giro, Nibali went on a short training camp with "family". What was going on? Final tuning, Slongo with the scooter? Apart from the bionic arm, screws and all, question is what's his shape. First week is demanding already, can he hang on within reasonable time gaps? Will the screws pop out in the stage to Montalcino? So many questions.

Reactions: topcat
Before the final verdict that he can start the Giro, Nibali went on a short training camp with "family". What was going on? Final tuning, Slongo with the scooter? Apart from the bionic arm, screws and all, question is what's his shape. First week is demanding already, can he hang on within reasonable time gaps? Will the screws pop out in the stage to Montalcino? So many questions.
Had to test if he'd get dropped by his dad again like before the 2018 Vuelta.

Reactions: Rollthedice
Roi Nibali, The Shark of the Strait, Lord of the Bags, Protector of the Cabinet, High Priest of Voodoo

I still have it. I didn't remember where it was, but after a bit of searching I finally found it

4lcsKHA_d.webp

Press conference today:

"I can't tell you what my condition is like, but it's important for me to be here. It has been a difficult period, I was out for 10 days. When I came back from Teide I had a couple of days of unloading in view of the Tour of the Alps, then there was the crash during training that upset everything. Slowly I got back on the bike and only last Monday after the check-up I dissolved the reserves since the fracture is healing. I can't make big proclamations, not even in my head"

"I don't experience pain now, or rather it depends a lot on the weather. The meteoropathy counts, some days the discomfort is completely absent, others it has been felt. Today, 3 weeks after the accident, my wrist is fine and day after day it's better. We have accelerated the time so much, I have to thank the many people and specialized centers that have helped me in this run-up. The first week of the race will be a test, then we will take stock, I will undergo other tests and with the medical staff of the team we will evaluate what to do."

"We tried different solutions, in the end I think we will put a softer tape on the handlebars and opt for some less atmosphere at the tires. I won't use a brace, at most I'll wear a bandage. I have no problem keeping my hands neither high nor low, not even getting up on the pedals. I don't feel the vibrations, but the potholes will certainly be better avoided. The regions that host the Giro usually resurface their roads or at least work to improve them in view of our passage as well as for city use, and this comforts me".

Reactions: Carols and Lui98

TRENDING THREADS